BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

July 19, 2012 7:39 am  #21

Re: Giggle time

I certainly MUST get this card.

____________________________________________________________________________________________
Also, please note that sentences can also end in full stops. The exclamation mark can be overused.
Sherlock Holmes 28 March 13:08

Mycroft’s popularity doesn’t surprise me at all. He is, after all, incredibly beautiful, clever and well-dressed. And beautiful. Did I mention that?
--Mark Gatiss

"I know that you believe you understand what you think I said, but I’m not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant."
Robert McCloskey

July 21, 2012 9:44 am  #22

I stole this from Tumblr so I take no credit for it
http://iamboredletsshootthewall.tumblr.com/

My Kids' Future

Kid: Can you tell me what was it like for you growing up?

Me: I had a good life. I had parents, I had friends, I had fun, but everything changed when the fire nation attacked.

Kid: Um, fire nation-

Me: -And then I took that bloody arrow to the knee-

Kid: But that doesn't-

Me: -And then Voldemort came out of Mordor and killed my parents-

Kid: Okay, now I know that's Harr-

Me: And my brother Dean went to hell after selling his soul for me-

Kid: That's the plot to Sup-

Me: And the Doctor was supposed to come save us all but he had to save Sherlock from falling off that building so Watson wouldn't be distraught forever and they could return to Narnia but they all failed and now we're all doomed and the world's going to end with Loki as king on a throne that says "EHEHEHEHEHEHE" every time he moves.

Kid:

Me:

Kid:

Me:

Kid:

Me:

Kid: You do realize-

Me: Go do your homework. Winter is coming.

Last edited by hepzibah (July 21, 2012 9:49 am)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
FREE PUSSY RIOT

I wish the real world would just stop hassling me - Rob Thomas

Did I mention that I have a Kindle?

#destroythejoint

July 31, 2012 6:45 pm  #23

I have stolen this from John Finnemore but I found it too funny not to share:

www.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lord_Uxbridge%27s_leg

Please look at the caption under the picture of Lord Uxbridge. It is in the running for funniest caption!

Last edited by Davina (July 31, 2012 6:50 pm)

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Don't make people into heroes John. Heroes don't exist and if they did I wouldn't be one of them.

August 30, 2012 10:02 pm  #24

I was browsing for funny pictures when I came across this one. It took me a while to get it at first but now it is my favourite joke ever!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I was wondering if you'd like to have coffee...
Hmm. I really don't know. Oh, I'm sorry, did I say 'know'? I meant 'care'. I don't really care. 
Douglas Richardson, Cremona

August 30, 2012 10:08 pm  #25

No, I don't get it. Will look at it again tomorrow - when I'm fully awake.

"After all this time?" "Always."
Good bye, Lord Rickman of the Alan

August 30, 2012 10:13 pm  #26

Is this a case of "One crow does not peck the other's eyes" ? 

John: "Have you spoken to Mycroft, Molly, uh, anyone?"
Mrs Hudson: "They don’t matter. You do."

I BELIEVE IN SERIES 5!

August 30, 2012 10:29 pm  #27

Oh, sorry, me being stupid. If you wish to work it out yourself don't read the explanation below...

A murder is the collective noun for a group of crows. This obviously doesn't work in other languages (such as German) so that's probably why you didn't get it. It was a bit thoughtless of me, sorry!

I was wondering if you'd like to have coffee...
Hmm. I really don't know. Oh, I'm sorry, did I say 'know'? I meant 'care'. I don't really care. 
Douglas Richardson, Cremona

August 30, 2012 10:42 pm  #28

Molly Hooper wrote:

I was browsing for funny pictures when I came across this one. It took me a while to get it at first but now it is my favourite joke ever!

He he he, it does take a little thinking but is as funny as heck when you get it.
That's so witty!

____________________________________________________________________________________________
Also, please note that sentences can also end in full stops. The exclamation mark can be overused.

Mycroft’s popularity doesn’t surprise me at all. He is, after all, incredibly beautiful, clever and well-dressed. And beautiful. Did I mention that?
--Mark Gatiss

"I know that you believe you understand what you think I said, but I’m not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant."
Robert McCloskey

August 31, 2012 2:12 am  #29

kazza474 wrote:

Oh dear, I guess not everyone has heard of DEVO?
Strange world.

I got it kazza..i guess you have to be of a certain era like we are

Disguise is always a self portrait

August 31, 2012 4:03 am  #30

With this explanation, Molly, the intentions of Hitchcock's "Birds" become evident.
Finally, they were native English creatures and knew what they were up to!

John: "Have you spoken to Mycroft, Molly, uh, anyone?"
Mrs Hudson: "They don’t matter. You do."

I BELIEVE IN SERIES 5!

August 31, 2012 6:06 am  #31

Saw this one on Tumblr last night and laughed hysterically.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I dislike being outnumbered. It makes for too much stupid in the room

August 31, 2012 6:44 am  #32

*giggles*

--Mark Gatiss

Robert McCloskey

August 31, 2012 9:19 am  #33

And a group of owls is called a Parliament, who knows why. What a wacky language...

http://users.tinyonline.co.uk/gswithenbank/collnoun.htm

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
FREE PUSSY RIOT

#destroythejoint

August 31, 2012 9:25 am  #34

This is fascinating. Now I know why English has such an enormous vocabulary. If you have an individual word for each animal appearing in groups …

------------------------------
"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

"It is what it is says love." (Erich Fried)

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

August 31, 2012 9:37 am  #35

Have to admit that I have never heard of most of them. My favourites are an unkindness of ravens (which makes absolutely no sense whatsoever) and and exaltation of larks.

FREE PUSSY RIOT

#destroythejoint

August 31, 2012 9:47 am  #36

Arthur, did you know there was an "aurora of polar bears"? 

"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

August 31, 2012 4:55 pm  #37

August 31, 2012 5:05 pm  #38

His Royal Highness, King Mark I. Let's hope they don't behead him before he's written series 3.

August 31, 2012 5:10 pm  #39

And here some giggle not only for cat fans...
Sherlockskitty, what are you doing there? I know you miss him, but......

http://twitter.com/HuffPostUKCom/status/241218655445217280/photo/1/large

Last edited by Mattlocked (August 31, 2012 5:12 pm)

August 31, 2012 5:15 pm  #40

This is so very English. 

Board footera