BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

July 9, 2012 6:34 pm  #21

Re: German thread

I didn't mean... 

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I was wondering if you'd like to have coffee...
Hmm. I really don't know. Oh, I'm sorry, did I say 'know'? I meant 'care'. I don't really care. 
Douglas Richardson, Cremona

July 9, 2012 6:36 pm  #22

I am not an elephant! I am not an animal! I am a human being! I am a man!

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
My blog: 3sidestoeverystory.tumblr.com

July 9, 2012 6:36 pm  #23

She'll use Google translator, that  could be real fun for you!

"After all this time?" "Always."
Good bye, Lord Rickman of the Alan

July 9, 2012 6:41 pm  #24

Mattlocked wrote:

A translator, for example! 

Always at your service 

------------------------------
"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

"It is what it is says love." (Erich Fried)

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

July 9, 2012 6:43 pm  #25

SusiGo wrote:

Mattlocked wrote:

A translator, for example! 

Always at your service 

You can speak Finnish? I have a new best friend.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

July 9, 2012 6:43 pm  #26

So your real name is SusiGoogle translator?

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
John: "Have you spoken to Mycroft, Molly, uh, anyone?"
Mrs Hudson: "They don’t matter. You do."

I BELIEVE IN SERIES 5!

July 9, 2012 6:45 pm  #27

I've derailed this topic enough. I tend to do that, sorry folks.

July 9, 2012 6:47 pm  #28

Go and get your own translator, Heikkii!

July 9, 2012 6:47 pm  #29

It always has to be about Finland with you, that's the problem...

I was wondering if you'd like to have coffee...
Hmm. I really don't know. Oh, I'm sorry, did I say 'know'? I meant 'care'. I don't really care. 
Douglas Richardson, Cremona

July 9, 2012 6:48 pm  #30

tobeornot221b wrote:

I think she must be better than that.... 

July 9, 2012 6:50 pm  #31

Molly Hooper wrote:

It always has to be about Finland with you, that's the problem...

even in a German thread......

July 9, 2012 6:53 pm  #32

Mattlocked wrote:

tobeornot221b wrote:

I hope so, Tobe …

And, no, I don't speak Finnish, but if I learned another language of course it would be that one  .

Last edited by SusiGo (July 9, 2012 6:53 pm)

"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

July 9, 2012 6:55 pm  #33

I love how this thread has gone completely off the rails within a mere 2-3 hours... 
Dramagod, you could make it your life purpose to teach us all Finnish... or at least teach our dear Molly? 

________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
"There is no such word as 'impossible' in my dictionary. In fact, everything between 'herring' and 'marmalade' seems to be missing." Dirk Gently

Finally, I have made it to Cipher Expert :-))))) (8.8.2012)

July 9, 2012 6:55 pm  #34

SusiGo wrote:

Mattlocked wrote:

tobeornot221b wrote:

I hope so, Tobe …

And, no, I don't speak Finnish, but if I learned another language of course it would be that one  .

Phh, when will you be ready to speak it then? In this life? Better choose another one. 

July 9, 2012 6:58 pm  #35

SusiGo wrote:

Mattlocked wrote:

tobeornot221b wrote:

I hope so, Tobe …

I think hardly any other website can beat Google translator when it comes to being the funniest thing on earth!

John: "Have you spoken to Mycroft, Molly, uh, anyone?"
Mrs Hudson: "They don’t matter. You do."

I BELIEVE IN SERIES 5!

July 9, 2012 6:58 pm  #36

Hungarian? Swahili? Rhaeto-Romance? Irish Gaelic? You're free to choose. But I'm definitely not one of these geniuses who learn a new language within three months. So you'll have to be very patient  .

July 9, 2012 7:04 pm  #37

I don't think one of the languages in your nice little list would help anyone here..? 

Just go for Finnish then - but don't tell me I didn't warn you.

July 9, 2012 7:05 pm  #38

The 'power complex' thing is a joke from Sherlock m'dear!

Don't make people into heroes John. Heroes don't exist and if they did I wouldn't be one of them.

July 9, 2012 7:06 pm  #39

Okay. Sorry but I won't post in this forum for a very long time due to my forthcoming Finnish studies. You've asked for it  .

July 9, 2012 7:08 pm  #40

SusiGo wrote:

Hungarian? Swahili? Rhaeto-Romance? Irish Gaelic? You're free to choose. But I'm definitely not one of these geniuses who learn a new language within three months. So you'll have to be very patient  .

Well, we have plenty of time on hand now, waiting for Sherlock season 3....
well now, that would be a challenge, wouldn't it? Learning finnish until season 3 starts

Okay, so we settle with this... if someone has a question regarding language we just ask immediately?
Well... OR... we just make a general "I don't understand XY.." thread, since there have been threads already just asking for single lines people didn't understand.

Oh, google translate... remember the "Du hast Kohlmeisen" thing? I think they became aware of that, though, 'cause it's different now.

Board footera