BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

July 28, 2012 7:35 am  #161

Re: Chit-chat

Maybe you should start saying 'John. John.' Now then.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Don't make people into heroes John. Heroes don't exist and if they did I wouldn't be one of them.

July 28, 2012 9:24 am  #162

Mnjam, mnjam!

"After all this time?" "Always."
Good bye, Lord Rickman of the Alan

July 28, 2012 10:27 am  #163

Ok... are we really discussing noises made when eating popcorn??

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I was wondering if you'd like to have coffee...
Hmm. I really don't know. Oh, I'm sorry, did I say 'know'? I meant 'care'. I don't really care. 
Douglas Richardson, Cremona

July 28, 2012 10:57 am  #164

Apparently yes. Why do people (young mostly) say Nom Nom now instead of yum yum? When did this happen? What about candy floss then? Cotton candy for the US market.

Don't make people into heroes John. Heroes don't exist and if they did I wouldn't be one of them.

July 28, 2012 11:08 am  #165

I'm off to search from some more interesting things to post on here...if I can find anything. Wish me luck! I may be some time!

July 28, 2012 11:19 am  #166

Ah hah! I've done my research!
the origins of om nom nom

Hmm. I really don't know. Oh, I'm sorry, did I say 'know'? I meant 'care'. I don't really care. 

July 28, 2012 11:20 am  #167

And this is just HILARIOUS!!!

July 28, 2012 11:24 am  #168

Blame the Cookie Monster! The other video is hilarious and very cute!

I'm back!

July 28, 2012 12:44 pm  #169

Oh good! We did miss you! So, have you succeeded in your quest for another thought-provoking topic??

July 28, 2012 5:56 pm  #170

Yes I've posted one about Sherlock loving son solves problem on readership. It's a better read than it sounds...honestly. It made me smile.

July 28, 2012 7:20 pm  #171

I  don't know if Tom Jones is in Vegas--  I'll check!!   Nom nom  is  a british  way  of saying yum yum,  isn't it? I  say  YUMMY   when i'm  eating popcorn.   I  don't make noises  when I eat.  what  are you guys on about anyhoo?   thanks molly  for posting those videos.   

I  leave tomorrow.   today  I  have  more packing to do,  etc. maps to get,  tickets to print out,  etc.   I'll be sure to let you all know how my  trip went  when  I  come back.   Pity  tho  that I'm  gonna miss some of the olympics  while  on the road.   I  don't have a dvr  so  I cannot  record stuff.   I  have a friend who's gonna do that tho. 

toodles!!   lots ter do!!   have a great day  everyone!!   stay  cool.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

SHERLOCK!!!!!!

July 28, 2012 8:56 pm  #172

Really we say yum and yummy too. Just recently people have started saying Nom Nom. Not sure why.

Have a good trip.

July 29, 2012 3:28 am  #173

thanks--  I got another  dull question---  "Tuesday, I did your lino."   said by our dear Mrs.Hudson--  but what is a lino?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

SHERLOCK!!!!!!

July 29, 2012 4:02 am  #174

Isn't it linoleum?

July 29, 2012 2:04 pm  #175

Yes, that's right.

July 30, 2012 1:10 am  #176

Yeah well, the "jam jam" is pronounced like "yum yum"... it's just how a German would write it, haha.

Oh, I see. Cookie monster!
Yeah, well... moving on!

Today I re-discovered (or more like: my sister did and when spend the whole day referencing it) this video:

It's a sketch from the Catherine Tate show featuring David Tennant and it is still hilarious, hehehe.

Anybody ever watched this? Catherine Tate show? Ah, I used to love this. 

July 30, 2012 8:59 am  #177

Girls, living in the UK, I need your help . Please, give me the links where I can watch UK TV channels online, especially BBC ones (but other will do either)). I surfed the Internet but didn't find anything worthy.
Thanks in advance!

--------------------------------------------------------------------
Sherlock: "I need to get some air, we're going out tonight."
John: "Actually, I've uh, got a date."
Sherlock: "What?"
John: "It's where two people who like each other go out and have fun."
Sherlock: "That's what I was suggesting."

July 30, 2012 10:40 am  #178

To be honest I'm not sure which will work for you in Russia. If you check with Kazza she may be able to advise as I think she has watched on I-player somehow. I suggest you PM her.

July 30, 2012 11:10 am  #179

Davina wrote:

To be honest I'm not sure which will work for you in Russia. If you check with Kazza she may be able to advise as I think she has watched on I-player somehow. I suggest you PM her.

Thank you! I'll consult Kazza .

--------------------------------------------------------------------
Sherlock: "I need to get some air, we're going out tonight."
John: "Actually, I've uh, got a date."
Sherlock: "What?"
John: "It's where two people who like each other go out and have fun."
Sherlock: "That's what I was suggesting."

July 30, 2012 2:03 pm  #180

Big excitement today.  I'm off to see the film version of Frankenstein plus a meet-up with Sherli Bakerst.  All this, plus a day off from work - it just doesn't get any better 

As it appears there was a popcorn discussion earlier on this thread, I have it on good authority that the theater where the film is being shown tonight has good popcorn with real butter.  Mmmmmm...crunch, crunch, chomp, chomp - and all other kinds of good noises while I watch Ben

And I said "dangerous" and here you are.

You. It's always you. John Watson, you keep me right.

Board footera