BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

January 1, 2017 4:57 pm  #1761

Re: Chit-chat

This Is The Phantom Lady wrote:

My fingers are crossed for you Yitzock!!

And Happy New Years everyone!

I ended up enjoying myself a bit too much... I just hope I can freshen up before tonight.

I had this neat plan of just getting a glass of champagne at midnight... but yeah...

I'm just waiting on everyone else to get up so we can nurse our hangovers and marathon Sherlock to be ready for tonight.

I feel like an idiot

It´s better to watch it with a slight hangover anyway, IMHO. 

-----------------------------------

I cannot live without brainwork. What else is there to live for? Stand at the window there. Was there ever such a dreary, dismal, unprofitable world? See how the yellow fog swirls down the street and drifts across the dun-coloured houses. What could be more hopelessly prosaic and material? What is the use of having powers, Doctor, when one has no field upon which to exert them?

January 1, 2017 5:15 pm  #1762

Happy New Year, everyone! Glad you enjoyed yourself, Phantom!

I'm sitting her nursing my champagne, preparing for Sherlock tonight.

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
"We'll live on starlight and crime scenes" - wordstrings

Team Hudders!

January 12, 2017 6:54 pm  #1763

It's snowing in London, the first time in what feels like years! I went for a bit of a walk in it as who knows when we'll see it again. It's starting to settle so the pavements are a bit slushy at the moment and I was a bit like Bambi on ice!

I txt my sister to let her know it was snowing and she replied with:

"SAY THAT AGAIN
Say that again and know that if you are lying to me I will find you and I will skin you"

Last edited by Lis (January 12, 2017 7:33 pm)

All lives end. All hearts are broken. Caring is not an advantage.

January 12, 2017 10:19 pm  #1764

Oh I miss snow!! We had snow in the air the other day but nothing that even reached the ground! 

Personally I'm currently feeding a newfound obsession... JRock. I have been into J and Kpop for a while... but I just discovered a band mixing traditional cultural Japanese sound with rock. 

I just wish I could actually understand the lyrics, or search for songs by this band... but yeah, I don't speak or read much japanese... sadly! Maybe I should do what I wanted since I was 10 and actually learn it! 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"Don't talk out loud, you lower the IQ of the whole street!"

"Oh Watson. Nothing made me... I made me"
"Luuuuurve Ginger Nuts"

Tumblr[/url] I [url=http://archiveofourown.org/users/This_is_The_Phantom_Lady/pseuds/This_is_The_Phantom_Lady]AO3
#IbelieveInSeries5

January 12, 2017 11:04 pm  #1765

Oh that's cool! I don't know much JRock apart from One Ok Rock who are awesome. I like some KPop too but prefer KIndie. I speak/understand a little (really basic) Korean so I understand some Korean songs but I don't know any Japanese.

January 12, 2017 11:15 pm  #1766

I've always loved Japanese culture, though I never had time to truly get into Manga and Anime like my friends are obsessed with (maybe one day!) But I've been interested in Japanese culture and history since I was a little girl. 

These days I keep up to date with the modern candy, snacks, makeup and toy culture though... me and my best friend are signed up with a company sending us crates of fun stuff every month. 

I just wish I had the headspace... maybe one day! I'm still young, or so people tell me. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Luuuuurve Ginger Nuts"

Tumblr[/url] I [url=http://archiveofourown.org/users/This_is_The_Phantom_Lady/pseuds/This_is_The_Phantom_Lady]AO3
#IbelieveInSeries5

January 13, 2017 12:45 am  #1767

I used to listen to a fair bit of Japanese music when I was around 14-16/17, when I was really into anime.  Now, I still enjoy those things from time to time, but not very often.  Japanese history still interests me, though.  Your Tumblr post is explained now, Phantom! I was wondering where you found the video.

Clueing for looks.

January 13, 2017 6:38 am  #1768

I might have mentioned before that my second cousin is a professor at a Japanese university, he's been out there about 25 years I think, now.
My daughter's into anime.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://professorfangirl.tumblr.com/post/105838327464/heres-an-outtake-of-mark-gatiss-on-the

January 13, 2017 7:08 am  #1769

Yeah I found that video completely by chance; watching a video I know and clicking suggested videos!

Oh also speaking of Japanese... I am getting a bit concerned. My Japanese candy and treats box is very late! Usually I'll have it around the end of the month... even when customs picks it up.

One month the soda had exploded and I ended up getting a soaked and destroyed box that somehow still made it to my door.

I'm hoping I get it today... I'm craving a snack.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Luuuuurve Ginger Nuts"

#IbelieveInSeries5

January 13, 2017 7:10 am  #1770

My daughter has a mountain of Japanese sweeties on her desk.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://professorfangirl.tumblr.com/post/105838327464/heres-an-outtake-of-mark-gatiss-on-the

January 13, 2017 7:12 am  #1771

I'm jealous!

Although some of it can be a bit strange... like that cream stew soda last month... my friend still hadn't dared opening hers!

Last edited by This Is The Phantom Lady (January 13, 2017 7:13 am)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Luuuuurve Ginger Nuts"

#IbelieveInSeries5

January 13, 2017 7:14 am  #1772

I haven't actually tried any.

January 13, 2017 2:42 pm  #1773

I've heard of some of the "stranger" stuff that's out there, but I haven't ever tried any of it.

Clueing for looks.

January 18, 2017 1:37 pm  #1774

I cannot live without brainwork. What else is there to live for? Stand at the window there. Was there ever such a dreary, dismal, unprofitable world? See how the yellow fog swirls down the street and drifts across the dun-coloured houses. What could be more hopelessly prosaic and material? What is the use of having powers, Doctor, when one has no field upon which to exert them?

January 18, 2017 5:39 pm  #1775

Gorgeous kitty...
I have a couple:
1.  Had a funny chat with our school janitor, today.
 He said to me:  I saw Sherlock last night.  
"Did you like it I asked".
We then had a bit of a chat about how much was in it, how complex,  all the emotions etc...
Then he suddenly said: dya' think he'll get off with that bird in the end?
It took me ages to work out 'who' he was talking about and which 'bird'.
It was Sherlock and Molly!

2. The other thing.  I was going to ask.  Does anybody follow Amanda on Twitter?  She's recently edited her page and put a rather interesting quote on there.

January 18, 2017 9:32 pm  #1776

besleybean wrote:

2. The other thing.  I was going to ask.  Does anybody follow Amanda on Twitter?  She's recently edited her page and put a rather interesting quote on there.

Yeah, I saw that too. She generally changed the appearance of her account a bit (her latest picture looks gorgeous IMO). I suppose, it's her way of dealing with the separation and (re-)finding herself. I hope she is doing ok. I'm still shocked that she and Martin are not a couple any more, never expected that to happen 

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"There is a place for people like you, the desperate, the terrified. The ones with nowhere else to run."
"What place?"
"221B Baker Street."

January 18, 2017 9:34 pm  #1777

I don't think anybody did and sad for the kids.
I wonder if there's any hope of a future reconciliation?
Still, it's nearly a year now and if you can do without somebody for a year...

January 18, 2017 10:06 pm  #1778

besleybean wrote:

Gorgeous kitty...
I have a couple:
1.  Had a funny chat with our school janitor, today.
 He said to me:  I saw Sherlock last night.  
"Did you like it I asked".
We then had a bit of a chat about how much was in it, how complex,  all the emotions etc...
Then he suddenly said: dya' think he'll get off with that bird in the end?
It took me ages to work out 'who' he was talking about and which 'bird'.
It was Sherlock and Molly!

Haha!

I had a bit of a funny Sherlock chat today too. I'm doing jury service at the moment and the guy I was sitting next to at lunch in the jury assembly room said "now to catch up on Sherlock" and I said "oh haven't you seen the the last episode yet?" and was about to go into full blown we're both crazy fans lets discuss everything in great detail mode when he said "Oh no, I'm only on series 2" and then he pretty much fell asleep half way through watching TRF! I didn't talk about Sherlock with him after that 

January 19, 2017 6:33 am  #1779

Not surprised.
Oh I had another one...
Not really Sherlock related.
But who are the Jame Rhodes fans on here? I can't remember.
It's just that I also caught up with his Twitter over Xmas/New Year and that one had me raising an eyebrow, too.
He was posting selfies from some exotic beach, saying he was enjoying a relaxing holiday after a hectic year of: recording, touring and divorce.
I only hope he means the repercussions of his divorce from his first wife.
For I'm fairly certain he's now been married to Hattie for nearly two and a half years.

January 19, 2017 11:12 am  #1780

Board footera