BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

December 18, 2016 4:28 pm  #1741

Re: Chit-chat

That movie clip is funny! The costume designers may have been inspired by Judas Priest and Village People...

I know French, so I was able to read the article you linked to.  Interesting. I like their sign, incorporating the mustache, hat, and monocle into the design.

Clueing for looks.

December 18, 2016 4:51 pm  #1742

That's funny!! 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"Don't talk out loud, you lower the IQ of the whole street!"

"Oh Watson. Nothing made me... I made me"
"Luuuuurve Ginger Nuts"

Tumblr[/url] I [url=http://archiveofourown.org/users/This_is_The_Phantom_Lady/pseuds/This_is_The_Phantom_Lady]AO3
#IbelieveInSeries5

December 19, 2016 1:10 pm  #1743

-----------------------------------

I cannot live without brainwork. What else is there to live for? Stand at the window there. Was there ever such a dreary, dismal, unprofitable world? See how the yellow fog swirls down the street and drifts across the dun-coloured houses. What could be more hopelessly prosaic and material? What is the use of having powers, Doctor, when one has no field upon which to exert them?

December 19, 2016 1:23 pm  #1744

Aaaw! The black fluff with eyes look pretty spooked! 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Luuuuurve Ginger Nuts"

Tumblr[/url] I [url=http://archiveofourown.org/users/This_is_The_Phantom_Lady/pseuds/This_is_The_Phantom_Lady]AO3
#IbelieveInSeries5

December 21, 2016 9:14 pm  #1745

Very fitting!

Ugh. I bought a Christmas present online and had it shipped directly to my boyfriend (he lives in the Netherlands) and it hasn't come... it was supposed to arrive 3 weeks ago. 
Well, I complained and got my money back... which is nice; especially since there's a chance it could still come

But if it doesn't come he won't be getting a Christmas present! 

I got him a lovely pair of leather gloves (yes, they look a lot like Sherlock's...) 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Luuuuurve Ginger Nuts"

#IbelieveInSeries5

December 21, 2016 9:20 pm  #1746

Haha definitely, so many moods right now!

At work today we were discussing mince pies and how they're such a British tradition at Christmas. I only realised that mince pies are not really popular outside on the UK when I saw a post asking what Sherlock was eating from Mrs Hudson's fridge in ASIB haha, never really thought about it before that. What foods do you guys only really eat at Christmas?

All lives end. All hearts are broken. Caring is not an advantage.

December 21, 2016 9:24 pm  #1747

I've never even tasted a mince pie, I've thought about making it sometime though... 

What do we only eat at Christmas... hmm. 'Risalamande' springs to mind... it's rice porridge mixed with whipped cream, vanilla, sugar and almonds. It's traditionally eaten for dessert after either duck or pork roast (with crispy crackling still attached)... 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Luuuuurve Ginger Nuts"

#IbelieveInSeries5

December 21, 2016 9:33 pm  #1748

This Is The Phantom Lady wrote:

I've never even tasted a mince pie, I've thought about making it sometime though... 

What do we only eat at Christmas... hmm. 'Risalamande' springs to mind... it's rice porridge mixed with whipped cream, vanilla, sugar and almonds. It's traditionally eaten for dessert after either duck or pork roast (with crispy crackling still attached)... 

Ooh yes, give it a go!

Oh that sounds cool, I've not heard of it before.

You have more self discipline than me Lautrela! I have been cutting down on the sugar recently but I fear I may falter over Christmas.

December 22, 2016 2:53 pm  #1749

If a mince pie is the same as a mincemeat pie, then we have those in Canada.  They're the little pie things with raisins and stuff in them, right? They're not my favourite, but we will be having some since my mum's friend is buying a few and bringing them for Christmas.

One of my favourite Christmas treats is pumpkin pie. My mum makes great pumpkin pie, which she will be doing this year.  She also sometimes makes it in October for Thanksgiving, but we had a disappointing store-bought pie this year so I am looking forward to the real thing this Christmas! Other than pie, I also enjoy homemade cookies and pretty much any kind of chocolate.

Last edited by Yitzock (December 22, 2016 2:56 pm)

Clueing for looks.

December 23, 2016 4:53 pm  #1750

I'm currently watching my mum and aunt cook together in the kitchen... it's better than watching a comedy.

I probably should be helping... but I am resting my back *coughs*.

And to be fair I'll be preparing the duck tomorrow!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Luuuuurve Ginger Nuts"

#IbelieveInSeries5

December 24, 2016 2:32 pm  #1751

Yum!

-----------------------------------

I cannot live without brainwork. What else is there to live for? Stand at the window there. Was there ever such a dreary, dismal, unprofitable world? See how the yellow fog swirls down the street and drifts across the dun-coloured houses. What could be more hopelessly prosaic and material? What is the use of having powers, Doctor, when one has no field upon which to exert them?

December 24, 2016 3:01 pm  #1752

Yitzock wrote:

If a mince pie is the same as a mincemeat pie, then we have those in Canada.  They're the little pie things with raisins and stuff in them, right? They're not my favourite, but we will be having some since my mum's friend is buying a few and bringing them for Christmas.

One of my favourite Christmas treats is pumpkin pie. My mum makes great pumpkin pie, which she will be doing this year.  She also sometimes makes it in October for Thanksgiving, but we had a disappointing store-bought pie this year so I am looking forward to the real thing this Christmas! Other than pie, I also enjoy homemade cookies and pretty much any kind of chocolate.

Yeah i think they must be the same

I've never tried pumpkin pie.

My step mum is in the kitchen baking now, I'm looking forward to eating some good food tomorrow!

Hope you all have a great Christmas with lots of good food too haha

December 25, 2016 9:37 am  #1753

I got some great stuff from my hubbie for Christmas - including a pre-order of the full Sherlock ASiP manga! 

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
"We'll live on starlight and crime scenes" - wordstrings

Team Hudders!

December 25, 2016 9:45 am  #1754

Amazing present!!

And all that food looks lovely!

I got my new phone (that I had to start early because an update fried the old one completely) so the rest of my presents were smallish things. I was actually impressed though, that my aunt managed to buy exactly the eyeliner I use!
There were no Sherlock related items though... but I had suggested if they wanted to they could give me the calendar I already bought.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Luuuuurve Ginger Nuts"

#IbelieveInSeries5

December 30, 2016 10:16 pm  #1755

Lis wrote:

Yitzock wrote:

Yeah i think they must be the same

I've never tried pumpkin pie.

My step mum is in the kitchen baking now, I'm looking forward to eating some good food tomorrow!

Hope you all have a great Christmas with lots of good food too haha

I didn't see this until today, oops! My mum was calling them mince tarts all Christmas, so yeah, they are the same thing.  I enjoyed a few of them this year.  They were better than I remembered!

Glad to hear that your Christmases seemed pretty good.  Mine was as well.  I got some things I had asked for and some nice surprises, too.  My parents gave me a really nice card.  One thing I asked for was a watch, and in my Christmas card my mum put a drawing of a watch she made with a gift tag on it and a couple days ago I went to the store where I had seen the watch I liked and picked it out.

Last edited by Yitzock (December 30, 2016 10:22 pm)

Clueing for looks.

December 31, 2016 8:24 am  #1756

I'm getting ready to leave for my best friend's New Years party.

I hope you all have a happy and safe new years eve and Sherlock Eve too!

I'll be watching T6T at my friends place since I'll be sleeping there tonight too... so yeah... when I'll return to the forum it will be the day after... *gulps*. I'm not sure I'm ready!!!!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Luuuuurve Ginger Nuts"

#IbelieveInSeries5

December 31, 2016 3:12 pm  #1757

I hope you enjoy yourself, Phantom.

I guess I might as well mention this now.  I may be late to the discussion of the first episode, since there is a possibility that I will not be able to watch it until January 2nd.  My parents and I are going to my grandmother's house to have New Year's dinner and then we will be driving home after the dinner.  I don't know how early we are planning on going home, but that will likely mean it will be too late to watch the show by the time we get back, we might all be too tired or it will have already started.  Luckily, I have set up my PVR to record the episode so watching it the next day or the next evening shouldn't be a problem.  But just letting you know that if you are wondering why I haven't chimed in yet, that will be the reason.  I'm sure I will have things to say, though, once I have watched it!

Clueing for looks.

January 1, 2017 12:36 am  #1758

Well it's January 1st in the UK so Happy New Year everybody and more importantly, Happy New Sherlock!! 

January 1, 2017 10:21 am  #1759

My fingers are crossed for you Yitzock!!

And Happy New Years everyone!

I ended up enjoying myself a bit too much... I just hope I can freshen up before tonight.

I had this neat plan of just getting a glass of champagne at midnight... but yeah...

I'm just waiting on everyone else to get up so we can nurse our hangovers and marathon Sherlock to be ready for tonight.

I feel like an idiot

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Luuuuurve Ginger Nuts"

#IbelieveInSeries5

January 1, 2017 3:04 pm  #1760

Happy New Year, everyone!

Clueing for looks.

Board footera