BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

April 19, 2016 5:35 am  #1501

Re: Chit-chat

Well done!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://professorfangirl.tumblr.com/post/105838327464/heres-an-outtake-of-mark-gatiss-on-the

April 19, 2016 7:53 am  #1502

Oh yes, I told him alright

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
I'd be lost without my blogger.
"It’s not a ‘gang’ show, it’s the Sherlock and John show. It’s about developing their characters and their relationship, and the characters drawn into their orbit.”  Steven Moffat

April 19, 2016 9:20 am  #1503

Wow, he's cute. Just like Moriarty. 

What exactly do you call a dog cage?
And did you start slow, like leaving him for some minutes, then an hour, two......

Eleven hours without any break??  How? Cats toilet? 

Last edited by Mattlocked (April 19, 2016 9:22 am)

"After all this time?" "Always."
Good bye, Lord Rickman of the Alan

April 19, 2016 10:27 am  #1504

Hee thank you
A dog cage, I assume, is a cage in which you put the dog if he behaves badly. Obviously it has to be quite large.

I did start quite slow - thank god for the school break - but already starting with the full hour, then several. Without forgetting huge walks afterwards :D

And well...11 hours without break...he'll have to hold it in... So I took him outside just before leaving home so his bladder's mostly empty.
In case he has to go there's a mat on which he can go...The question is, will he use it or favour anywhere but where he's supposed to go...

"It’s not a ‘gang’ show, it’s the Sherlock and John show. It’s about developing their characters and their relationship, and the characters drawn into their orbit.”  Steven Moffat

April 19, 2016 10:42 am  #1505

Edit : he's had a break after all, Mum's gone back home for lunch.

April 19, 2016 11:55 am  #1506

Will she do that every day? And let him out?

I really have a problem with dogs which have to be home alone for more than a few hours....
That's why we have a cat.

April 19, 2016 1:14 pm  #1507

No, I don't think she will. For a few days, I think. She did that when we had a kitten who needed to be fed (she was less than a full month old, so needed to be taken care of quite often!)

April 19, 2016 1:22 pm  #1508

So that dog will be alone for the next.... months? years?  11 hours alone each day?

Sorry, I don't want to appear like I know everything and I know that you are so happy with that dog and it is cute and everything....  but that is sad. That dog needs to be taken care of quite often, too. No matter how old. This is far too long.

April 19, 2016 1:25 pm  #1509

Oh, God no! Thank goodness ! It's not usual that I'm away from home that long! The longest is 8 hrs -which is terribly long if you ask me, but thankfully happens only once a week.

I wouldn't dare having a dog just so he can be shut off in the house all day long! That'd be inhumane.

April 19, 2016 3:03 pm  #1510

Phew, I am relieved. Then I got you wrong at some point.
Well, we all know what people are able to do... some of them are mean, some "just thoughtless".
Which is the same result for the pet in the end.
I myself did some mistakes for years because I was just too stupid - until I read a lot in the internet which I didn't know. And changed some things immediately.

I'm really glad now. 

April 19, 2016 5:22 pm  #1511

Lilythiell wrote:

Hee thank you
A dog cage, I assume, is a cage in which you put the dog if he behaves badly. Obviously it has to be quite large.

I did start quite slow - thank god for the school break - but already starting with the full hour, then several. Without forgetting huge walks afterwards :D

And well...11 hours without break...he'll have to hold it in... So I took him outside just before leaving home so his bladder's mostly empty.
In case he has to go there's a mat on which he can go...The question is, will he use it or favour anywhere but where he's supposed to go...

I second the 'well, that's good!' sentiment.  And also admit I'm no dog owner or expert to come across badly, but was a little mixed by first statement.  A cage (or as typically hear it, a dog crate, kinda large and 'open-air' with just wire bars) could be used as a 'go to your room until you behave' kinda thing, sure, but I came across a little dog-owner-info-blurb thing somehow with a sentiment new to me that I really liked…  rather than it being a place they go when bad, it suggested teaching them the crate is a 'good' place… their own little private place they can go to get away, to rest, having them rest on their cushion in there with the door open until used to it, so when you have to put them in there for safety/behavior while gone, it's not so bad.  Obviously, if you don't even need one, that's great… just wanted to share what I heard.   

We solve crimes, I blog about it, and he forgets his pants.  I wouldn't hold out too much hope!

Just this morning you were all tiny and small and made of clay!

I'm working my way up the greasy pole.  It's… very greasy.  And…  pole-shaped.

April 19, 2016 7:01 pm  #1512

@Russel That's right, I heard something like that, too. And I know that it works.
It's a fine thing as long as it isn't misused as some kind of "convenient long-time storage" for a dog, if you know what I mean.

April 19, 2016 7:12 pm  #1513

Regarding the dog crate/cage. My cousin and his soon-to-be-wife (shhh, it's a secret) have a dog and they used the cage for her (their dog!!) to go if she was not a good girl. And now that she's well-behaved it's become her safe place.
I don't know, I think it depends how to use it...I'd much rather not need to use one though - I wouldn't even know where to start teaching them it's a good place. Thank you for sharing, Russell!
And it doesn't seem like I would

@Mattlocked no worries, I was not very clear anyway ;) But I agree, whether people are mean or 'simply forgetful' results in the same for the dog in the end.

Last edited by Lilythiell (April 19, 2016 7:15 pm)

April 27, 2016 2:57 pm  #1514

I feel like Sherlock has toyed with my autocorrect on my phone...

I wanted to write 'Mothers day present' (In danish) onto my shopping list I keep on it... It changed it to 'Murder Case'. 

Ok then. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"Don't talk out loud, you lower the IQ of the whole street!"

"Oh Watson. Nothing made me... I made me"
"Luuuuurve Ginger Nuts"

Tumblr[/url] I [url=http://archiveofourown.org/users/This_is_The_Phantom_Lady/pseuds/This_is_The_Phantom_Lady]AO3
#IbelieveInSeries5

April 27, 2016 3:07 pm  #1515

Lol! That reminds me of how recently I was typing something into my phone and after I wrote the word "in" my phone suggested "Belgravia" for the next word.

Clueing for looks.

April 27, 2016 3:10 pm  #1516

Nice! 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"Don't talk out loud, you lower the IQ of the whole street!"

"Oh Watson. Nothing made me... I made me"
"Luuuuurve Ginger Nuts"

Tumblr[/url] I [url=http://archiveofourown.org/users/This_is_The_Phantom_Lady/pseuds/This_is_The_Phantom_Lady]AO3
#IbelieveInSeries5

April 27, 2016 3:15 pm  #1517

Lol, yeah. Since being on my forum my phone also has "Johnlocker" programmed into its suggestion dictionary.

Clueing for looks.

May 1, 2016 2:11 pm  #1518

I can't believe it's already May 1st! For me it seemed to arrive pretty quickly.
I was looking at what I wrote in my journal this time last year and it was a year ago today that I watched His Last Vow.

Clueing for looks.

May 1, 2016 3:14 pm  #1519

As I mentioned in another thread, I deviously managed to get to see TAB again this weekend!
Our visitor hadn't seen any Sherlock.
So he was treated to a viewing!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://professorfangirl.tumblr.com/post/105838327464/heres-an-outtake-of-mark-gatiss-on-the

May 1, 2016 3:21 pm  #1520

Was she able to follow what was happening?

Clueing for looks.

Board footera