BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

July 19, 2012 4:37 am  #101

Re: Chit-chat

I  missed that particular ep  of  dr who--It was part two  of a  2 hour arc;  I  have the first on tape but  I  accidentally recorded over the second half.   donnadoctor,  they  called that version of ten,  if I recall correctly.   Ten  just makes me swoon.  I  loved ten.   11's good, too.   

Ok  Gotta question  for all of you benedict fans--(I'm  one myself but I don't know the answer)   On  BBCA   channel,  which I get,  there was a promo for GOING FOR THE GOLD THE 48  GAMES   Starring Matt Smith.   Yeah,  he stars in it.  But,  I could have sworn that I also saw Benedict  C  in the  promo-- am I right?   This is on  BBC-A  at  8 pm  PST  wed july 25th.     thanks!!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

SHERLOCK!!!!!!

July 19, 2012 5:16 am  #102

He's definitely not on the cast list. Maybe it's Sam Hoare you saw.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Don't make people into heroes John. Heroes don't exist and if they did I wouldn't be one of them.

July 19, 2012 6:11 pm  #103

well...he doesn't look like our Ben,  that's for certain.   Darn it!!   Yeah  thanks  davina.   

I'm BORED.  Should I go shoot the wall?   I  have darts.....

SHERLOCK!!!!!!

July 19, 2012 6:47 pm  #104

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Don't make people into heroes John. Heroes don't exist and if they did I wouldn't be one of them.

July 19, 2012 8:01 pm  #105

Very true, that sign
Oh no, Skitty, you missed Journey's End? That's terrible!
Though actually the episode ends pretty sad... for the Doctor, at least. And Donna.
Ah, I remember watching Doomsday for the first time. THAT was sad! The Doctor's: "Rose Tyler, I-" which got cut off when they said goodbye...

Well, Skitty, if you don't have a landlady that minds... go for it! ;)

July 20, 2012 1:21 am  #106

oh  so that's the name of the  episode of dr who that I missed?  thanks,  Sammy!!   I'll rent it from netflix in a couple of weeks. They had cap'n Jack on those last 2 shows of season 4, too. I  love captain jack.  Yeah  when they air  the ep on tv,  it's cut off when it shouldn't be.   dvd is better.

No,  I  didn't have time to throw my darts. Besides,  my landlady is NOT my housekeeper,  so....    I  made a birthday card for a family member instead.  WHEW!!   got it done.

Today was just a so-so day.  bit boring,  and HOT.   However,  I did watch some  of the queen's jubilee tapes  that I  recorded back in june,  but never watched till now.  So,  I'm just gonna catch up  on those  for the rest of my  evening.   I  shud go for a walk.   Meow!!   bye  for now!!

SHERLOCK!!!!!!

July 20, 2012 11:43 am  #107

Watching the Queen's Jubilee tapes should make you feel abit cooler. It was b....y freezing! I was soooo disappointed by the weather during the pageant. People got hypothermia! Seriously!

July 20, 2012 2:19 pm  #108

Hey y'all! Greetings from North Carolina.  Guess what!  I can see y'all from here.  "You clean up right good" (which means in NC speak - you're all looking good).  This place isn't as back water as I thought. My friend has good internet connection which means I can check in and get my daily dose of Sherlock while on vacation. Yay!

My one observation from my travels yesterday.  At the airport in Manchester, NH (of all places) there was a man in front of me in line, tall, very good looking, wearing a suit and a scarf around his neck a la Sherlock; in fact, he looked something like Ben.  Now, you don't see men in NH wearing scarfs (except in winter) but this man looked just elegant.  I almost said something about how nice it looked but I chickened out. Shows you how well I'd do if I actually ran into Ben
Bye for now y'all.

And I said "dangerous" and here you are.

You. It's always you. John Watson, you keep me right.

July 21, 2012 5:37 am  #109

oh keeper---you had an experience!!    And,  I used ter live  in "Nawth Calina"--  so Ah  knowed  zactly  what you meant.  I  had a hard time understanding it.  My fav'rite  car company  is  Chevrolet--there was this one guy I met in  NC  who said it like "shovelay"  It was nice  living back there for a few years.

SHERLOCK!!!!!!

July 21, 2012 12:02 pm  #110

You'd have great fun understanding some of the people around where I live then! Apart from anything else people always say how quickly people tend to talk round here.

This is a, in my opinion, dreadful programme on TV called TOWIE (The Only Way Is Essex)

And this is a comedy, costume drama version called The Only Way Is Wessex...it's hilarious!

July 21, 2012 3:18 pm  #111

Oh yeah, TOWIE... I think they won the BAFTA Youtube Audience Award last year.
I recently watched a movie set in Essex... "Fish tank" it was called with Michael Fassbender. Yeah, I don't know why I said that but it was a pretty good movie.

The second video is very funny! :D

I'm BORED. It's the holidays and it's raining and almost all my friends are out of town. *sigh*

July 21, 2012 4:37 pm  #112

Oh lord! Now you've done it. Michael Fassbender...combined with his adorable Irish accent...Ahh...heavenly.

July 21, 2012 4:55 pm  #113

Are the BAFTA  awards  the same as the OSCARS   in USA?   Davina-- yeah--I  heard those stories about the queens jubilee,  maybe they could have postponed it just a few days. 

GRRRRR  I  think  I might have a stoooopid kidney stone in  my  left side now.   It's  not  hurting  much,   but  forcing myself to drink water  and stuff  doesn't  really  help  much.  I  wish  I  could perform  a magic trick,  to get it out,  IF  it's there,  that is.  UUUUGGGHHH!!!   This better not spoil  my  trip for next week!!

SHERLOCK!!!!!!

July 21, 2012 5:10 pm  #114

There's no way they could have postponed the jubilee celebrations because the whole thing is like a I litany operation timed down to the last second and extra police etc. were drafted in. Such a pity because the spectacle itself was amazing.

July 21, 2012 11:25 pm  #115

true davina.  I  loved it anyway,  despite the weather.   So  many  boats  and such a long route.   one thing I couldn't tell--  were they all going upriver or down?  And  yes I've seen the  Thames on TV  but I didn't realize till that day,  of just how wide that river is.   Beautiful.

SHERLOCK!!!!!!

July 22, 2012 3:43 pm  #116

I was just digging around in my freezer looking for a late night snack (1.30am here) and found three hot cross buns, one is chocolate with choc chips. other two are conventional ones, num num

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
FREE PUSSY RIOT

I wish the real world would just stop hassling me - Rob Thomas

Did I mention that I have a Kindle?

#destroythejoint

July 22, 2012 3:45 pm  #117

As long as you didn't find any body parts in your freezer … bon appétit 

------------------------------
"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

"It is what it is says love." (Erich Fried)

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

July 22, 2012 3:54 pm  #118

Do body parts from sheep and pigs, via the bucher, count?

It was either hot cross buns or homemade pumpkin soup, and soup doesn't cut it as a late night snack.

Looks like some ginger Brit with sideburns has just won the Tour de France. Do we have any French members here, can't remember coming across them. An Aussie won last year, but we thought we would let a Pom win this year because of the Olympics!

Last edited by hepzibah (July 22, 2012 3:55 pm)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
FREE PUSSY RIOT

#destroythejoint

July 22, 2012 5:33 pm  #119

Hot cross buns,  hot cross buns,
one-a-penny, two-a-penny,
hot cross buns!!   

I  like hot cross buns!!    They also remind me of a nursery rhyme.   What is a Pom? 
I  like the tour de france too,  but I didn't watch it this year.

SHERLOCK!!!!!!

July 22, 2012 5:46 pm  #120

Pom is Aussie slang for an English person. It is meant affectionately. When they beat use at cricket, however, they are Pommy bastards. We have a long-standing rivalry involving a cricket series called The Ashes, which is currently held by England (sob). Every Aussie feels the pain...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Ashes

FREE PUSSY RIOT

#destroythejoint

Board footera