BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

February 9, 2014 3:04 pm  #1141

Re: Chit-chat

... This guy I have a sort of crush on but not really; just posted a link to the Sesame Street video. 

I have Sherlock's voice in my head from HLV 'What the hell am I supposed to say to that?'... 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"Don't talk out loud, you lower the IQ of the whole street!"

"Oh Watson. Nothing made me... I made me"
"Luuuuurve Ginger Nuts"

Tumblr[/url] I [url=http://archiveofourown.org/users/This_is_The_Phantom_Lady/pseuds/This_is_The_Phantom_Lady]AO3
#IbelieveInSeries5

February 9, 2014 3:29 pm  #1142

I just spent the best Sherlock weekend ever with my friend Steffi. She not quite the hardcore fan I am, but she loves the show as well, and I helped her get caught up with season 2 the last time she visited me.

This weekend she stayed over again, and we went through all of season 3 (including the Blu-ray extras), then watched Star Trek: Into Darkness (incl. extras), and this morning we finished off with the Apple Store interview.

Yesterday, we really celebrated season 3 in style, because we baked homemade scones and had proper cream tea:

It was such a lovely thing to geek out all weekend, talk about the show, say silly things to each other like, "Did you miss me? Did you miss me? Did you miss me?" and laugh in unison at Benedict and Martin giving tongue-in-cheek answers to great questions, all the while not feeling guilty at all for having spent the better part of the day lounging on the couch in the company of London's most famous private detective.

This is honestly the best part of fandom ever!

February 9, 2014 3:39 pm  #1143

This looks delicious and sounds like a perfect weekend, TeeJay!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
John: "Have you spoken to Mycroft, Molly, uh, anyone?"
Mrs Hudson: "They don’t matter. You do."

I BELIEVE IN SERIES 5!

February 9, 2014 3:39 pm  #1144

That sounds a lot like my weekend with my best friend @TeeJay! Only we watched S1 and S2... You are right; this is the best part of being a fan of anything; sharing and laughing your head off at things that no one else gets!!

I am so jealous at your scones; I LOVE scones but it's rare that I have them... and if I have them they are usually a 'fake' kind that has nothing to do with a real scone...

My friend and I have talked about having a British party where we'll watch British TV-shows and have Afternoon Tea. I volunteered already to bake the Jammie Dodgers 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Luuuuurve Ginger Nuts"

Tumblr[/url] I [url=http://archiveofourown.org/users/This_is_The_Phantom_Lady/pseuds/This_is_The_Phantom_Lady]AO3
#IbelieveInSeries5

February 9, 2014 3:42 pm  #1145

tobeornot221b wrote:

This looks delicious and sounds like a perfect weekend, TeeJay!

Oh, it certainly was! I have some leftover scones, so I'll be working on those later today. Yumm!

This Is The Phantom Lady wrote:

I am so jealous at your scones; I LOVE scones but it's rare that I have them... and if I have them they are usually a 'fake' kind that has nothing to do with a real scone...

You can't really buy them ready-made in Germany, which is why we baked them from scratch. And they're really very easy to make, except I always struggle with how to mold them into what you can get in England. The dough is very sticky, so using cookie cutters or rims of glasses doesn't really work. I'm sure the Brits have some kind of secret for that. But in the grand sceme of things, it doesn't really matter, because they also taste great, even if they come out more like cookie blobs.

February 9, 2014 7:00 pm  #1146

That sort of crush guy, thing what ever on Facebook that posted the Sesame Street video with Benedict on my Facebook now also started liking and commenting on everything Benedict or Sherlock inspired that I share or post... The same guy who has been poking me 100 times a day for more than 6 months.

What does he want from me?? 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Luuuuurve Ginger Nuts"

#IbelieveInSeries5

February 10, 2014 6:17 am  #1147

That sort of crush guy, thing what ever on Facebook that posted the Sesame Street video with Benedict on my Facebook now also started liking and commenting on everything Benedict or Sherlock inspired that I share or post... The same guy who has been poking me 100 times a day for more than 6 months.

Have you ever replied back?  If not, then maybe he pokes so much because he's a recently-discovered, excited fan wanting to share it with someone else that he sees likes it.  Or maybe just the type to try to get attention a little hyper-ly… you decide. 

We solve crimes, I blog about it, and he forgets his pants.  I wouldn't hold out too much hope!

Just this morning you were all tiny and small and made of clay!

I'm working my way up the greasy pole.  It's… very greasy.  And…  pole-shaped.

February 10, 2014 8:13 am  #1148

I think if if was that easy, she would have replied already?

Eventually everyone will support Johnlock.   Independent OSAJ Affiliate

... but there may be some new players now. It’s okay. The East Wind takes us all in the end.

February 10, 2014 8:27 am  #1149

Well, I only discovered Sherlock 2 months ago and it's recent that I've gone over-board with posting Sherlock/Benedict things... so he has been poking me for far longer than that. I am just really confused. Does he like me??

I might add to this that I haven't had a boyfriend since I was 13... so I might be missing a lot of signals... I just wish he would be more clear

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Luuuuurve Ginger Nuts"

#IbelieveInSeries5

February 10, 2014 8:45 am  #1150

Well, I only discovered Sherlock 2 months ago and it's recent that I've gone over-board with posting Sherlock/Benedict things... so he has been poking me for far longer than that. I am just really confused. Does he like me??

I might add to this that I haven't had a boyfriend since I was 13... so I might be missing a lot of signals... I just wish he would be more clear

Aww…  tend to agree with you there.     Although that's why I was curious if he's ever done anything other than poke, or you've replied much to… the fb 'poke' thing tends to be one of those little social site easy-way-out things with getting someone's attention if you're shy or not sure what to say, or just lazy.    Yeah… not really clear.  Maybe just leave a friendly comment about a Sherlock pic posted and see….

We solve crimes, I blog about it, and he forgets his pants.  I wouldn't hold out too much hope!

Just this morning you were all tiny and small and made of clay!

I'm working my way up the greasy pole.  It's… very greasy.  And…  pole-shaped.

February 10, 2014 8:47 am  #1151

The simplest way to find out what he wants is ask. Start and conversation and see where it goes? Are you intrested and available?

February 10, 2014 8:52 am  #1152

I always poke him back... and I commented on the Sesame St. video he put up on my timeline the other day; told him I LOVED that video... his comment was 'I knew you would love it'. Come to think of it, on St. Patricks day last year I was in a dress that might have shown too much and he got really drunk and told me I was a 'Pretty lady'... I didn't think other of it than he was just drunk.

Agh! But I'm too scared to ask; like I said I haven't had a boyfriend in 10 years (unless I count my online boyfriend) and I have started to think it's really not my 'area'...

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Luuuuurve Ginger Nuts"

#IbelieveInSeries5

February 10, 2014 9:07 am  #1153

There is no need to ask direcly straight away. Try to strike a conversation about Sherlock at the next opportunity and see where that takes you. He may be simply intrested in talking to another fan. Do you know him in real life?

February 10, 2014 9:17 am  #1154

I know him through my best friend; we've been at an Irish pub a few times the 3 of us and he was also at my best friend's Birthday party 6 months ago. That was when I got my own crush on him when he mentioned how badly he wants to have kids..

I don't know. I would find this a lot easier if he was a girl I feel... I think I will just try to forget about this until he tells me something I can understand. Maybe I should stop poking him back? I just really want the last poke xD

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Luuuuurve Ginger Nuts"

#IbelieveInSeries5

February 10, 2014 9:37 am  #1155

In this modern day and age there are no fixed rules about who makes the first move. Maybe he is agonising in exactly same way you are. lol Do you mind me asking, how old are you?

February 10, 2014 9:43 am  #1156

I am 23. It's not that I'm too traditional and it has to be him; but I am honestly scared... I am both scared I might be wrong and he doesn't like me afterall, but also that he might. I have no idea how to be someone's girlfriend...

As I like to say "I'm a terrible human being, not that I do bad things but I'm just not good at doing human things"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Luuuuurve Ginger Nuts"

#IbelieveInSeries5

February 10, 2014 10:03 am  #1157

I can sympathise with that. I was never particularly intrested in relationships and dating. I had much better things to do. Plus the idea of asking someone out seemed very scary and alien to me. When I was 23 and about to finish med school I decided out of the blue that actually I would like to have a boyfriend. To cut long story short I found the right person through online dating and we have been happily engaged for a long while. If the match is right the whole relatiosnhip thing seems to work out quite naturally.

You need to decide for yourself if you want to find out what he is after or not. Something good may come out of it, Be it frienship or a romantic relatiosnhip.

February 10, 2014 10:13 am  #1158

It's just such a dilema for me, and not just about this particular guy. I badly want a real family. A man (or a woman) who loves me and children. I know I would make a good mother...

I have never had a role model of that; I never met my father and none of the women in my family are married or have been in a relationship since I was born. Maybe that's why it seems so alien to me? I have only ever kissed 2 guys, the first one when I was 13, and the second one when I was 18 and I ran out of the club straight after.

But I do think I will try to forget this; Maybe wait and see. I think we're all going out on St, Patricks Day again...  

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Luuuuurve Ginger Nuts"

#IbelieveInSeries5

February 10, 2014 10:56 am  #1159

If I can give you another bit of unsolicited advice (and feel free to tell me to shut up at any point) I would say take it one step at a time. If you think about long term relationships, kids etc when you first embark on dating you create a lof of pressure for yourself. Obviously it's means to an end and there is a natural expectation that dating will eventualy lead to a more pernament relationship. To start with it often helps though to think about it more as a way of learning about yourself (an experiment if you like ).

Last edited by belis (February 10, 2014 10:57 am)

February 10, 2014 11:05 am  #1160

Thanks! I will remember that!
It's not that I was expecting us to plan our marriage and baby names on the first date.. although I would like our boy to be named Sherlock! But for me that thought just seems easier than actually *gulp* dating.

This must be why I like Sherlock so much... Someday it will feel right; I hope! At least I am not totally scared of men anymore!

A whole other thing... I am still so confused, and so sad and ashamed that my country is now being talked about as the country who put down a perfectly healthy giraffe...

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Luuuuurve Ginger Nuts"

#IbelieveInSeries5

Board footera