BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

November 1, 2013 8:08 pm  #1061

Re: Chit-chat

leoninechelle wrote:

kittykat wrote:

Trying to get a job that would be perfect for me...really hoping it works out!

Good luck!  What are you looking for?

I don't want to jinx it...but I promise to tell if it works out. I'll just say...it's really good!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Dean - "I'm not happy about it. But I got to move on. So I'm gonna keep doing what we do...while I still can. And I'd like you to be there with me."

Sam - "I'm your brother, Dean, if you ever need to talk about anything with anybody, you got someone right here next to you."

November 4, 2013 1:18 pm  #1062

I've got an interview in...about 28 hours 0_0

Dean - "I'm not happy about it. But I got to move on. So I'm gonna keep doing what we do...while I still can. And I'd like you to be there with me."

Sam - "I'm your brother, Dean, if you ever need to talk about anything with anybody, you got someone right here next to you."

November 6, 2013 3:38 pm  #1063

Well, that interview didn't go so well. But in my defence, it was a group interview and that really put me off. I know I'd have to work in a team when actually in the job, and maybe they were trying to asess how we would work together. I just don't think an interview is the right time for that; it should just be about the person.

But on the other hand, I've been invited to a training day with another company on the 12th. I've been told that this more or less means I have the job, so fingers crossed! But I don't want to say too much about it until everything is confirmed. But I really hope I have it because that job would be better for me 

November 7, 2013 7:04 am  #1064

Crossing fingers! There was a whole thing on radio 4 a few weeks ago about these blessed group interview things. 

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Don't make people into heroes John. Heroes don't exist and if they did I wouldn't be one of them.

November 7, 2013 4:12 pm  #1065

I hated it! The whole thing really put me off, so it's no wonder I didn't get an offer afterwards. But every cloud has a silver lining, and I think it'll go well with the other one 

November 11, 2013 4:53 pm  #1066

Well, tomorrow is the training day for the job I really want! I'm nervous, because I want it so much. But I've got a feeling it's going to be okay. It doesn't matter to them that I don't have experience; for one thing, I probably wouldn't have even gotten an interview without it if they wanted it. They seem quite keen on me already and they just want to make sure I'm a good fit for the job. They'll be testing us on behaviour, attitude, communication skills and what we learn from the day. I've got a good feeling about it  

November 12, 2013 6:15 pm  #1067

A Cumberbabe just won the BBC gameshow Pointless!
Aggie, I follow her on Twitter.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://professorfangirl.tumblr.com/post/105838327464/heres-an-outtake-of-mark-gatiss-on-the

November 13, 2013 2:51 pm  #1068

sj4iy wrote:

Well, finally got some Halloween pictures XD  The kids were pretty cute this year:

My daughter was Die Königin der Nacht (The Queen of the Night) from Mozart's "Die Zauberflöte" (The Magic Flute).  

And my son was the 10th Doctor from "Doctor Who" (David Tennant):

Beautiful children

November 13, 2013 3:04 pm  #1069

I didn't get the job yesterday, and I was really gutted 

But as they say, life goes on. I applied to about six jobs last night and this morning got three phone calls. Now I have three interviews tomorrow 

November 13, 2013 3:17 pm  #1070

I like your attitude This Monday I finally passed the exam which I failed three times before so I agree that the best thing to do is to remain positive. Good luck tomorrow

- -  - –  – –  - - -  - - - -  -  - – -  - – - -  – – –  – - – -  – - –  -  – - -
Up, down, flying around, looping the loop and defying the ground.
They're all frightfully keen, those magnificent men in their flying machines!

November 13, 2013 3:40 pm  #1071

Thanks  and congratulations!

November 13, 2013 7:18 pm  #1072

kittykat wrote:

But as they say, life goes on. I applied to about six jobs last night and this morning got three phone calls. Now I have three interviews tomorrow 

I'm so sorry Kitty but congratulations nonetheless for having interviews tomorrow.....

---------------------------------------
Enjoy the silence
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats." - Albert Schweitzer

November 13, 2013 7:22 pm  #1073

Titania wrote:

kittykat wrote:

I'm so sorry Kitty but congratulations nonetheless for having interviews tomorrow.....

*purrs* 

November 17, 2013 9:09 pm  #1074

I spent the whole weekend watching tennis and the Czech Republic won Davis Cup today! We successfully defended it and I'm so proud of our small country that I had to tell somebody
PS I feel like reading A Study in Winning again

- -  - –  – –  - - -  - - - -  -  - – -  - – - -  – – –  – - – -  – - –  -  – - -
Up, down, flying around, looping the loop and defying the ground.
They're all frightfully keen, those magnificent men in their flying machines!

November 17, 2013 9:14 pm  #1075

Oh Pav, there are so many things your "small country" can be proud of - I was only once there, but I could name a few things right away 

Last edited by Harriet (November 17, 2013 9:15 pm)

Eventually everyone will support Johnlock.   Independent OSAJ Affiliate

... but there may be some new players now. It’s okay. The East Wind takes us all in the end.

November 17, 2013 9:16 pm  #1076

Congrats, Pav, I remember Ivan Lendl quite well. 

------------------------------
"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

"It is what it is says love." (Erich Fried)

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

November 17, 2013 9:17 pm  #1077

And I Miloš Forman 

Last edited by Harriet (November 17, 2013 9:19 pm)

... but there may be some new players now. It’s okay. The East Wind takes us all in the end.

November 17, 2013 9:19 pm  #1078

And Martina Navratilova. 

------------------------------
"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

"It is what it is says love." (Erich Fried)

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

November 17, 2013 9:21 pm  #1079

Alexander Dubček 

November 17, 2013 9:23 pm  #1080

Petr Cech, Tomas Rosicki, Karel Gott.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
John: "Have you spoken to Mycroft, Molly, uh, anyone?"
Mrs Hudson: "They don’t matter. You do."

I BELIEVE IN SERIES 5!

Board footera