BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

July 21, 2013 3:10 pm  #1001

Re: Chit-chat

Had lots of fun at the wedding yesterday. The ceremony was lovely and the bride's dress was gorgeous

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Dean - "I'm not happy about it. But I got to move on. So I'm gonna keep doing what we do...while I still can. And I'd like you to be there with me."

Sam - "I'm your brother, Dean, if you ever need to talk about anything with anybody, you got someone right here next to you."

July 21, 2013 7:31 pm  #1002

I went to two parties last night. I know...greedy. One was friends' 30th wedding anniversary and the other was another couples' joint 60th birthday party!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Don't make people into heroes John. Heroes don't exist and if they did I wouldn't be one of them.

July 21, 2013 11:31 pm  #1003

Davina wrote:

I went to two parties last night. I know...greedy. One was friends' 30th wedding anniversary and the other was another couples' joint 60th birthday party!

Good food? Good music? Good booze? Good company? Sounds good to me!

July 22, 2013 9:28 pm  #1004

Great food! Great music (live band at the 60th, who were young, brilliant and did Crosby, Stills and Nash amongst others), good company and felt fragile yesterday! Must have been something I ate! 

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Don't make people into heroes John. Heroes don't exist and if they did I wouldn't be one of them.

July 23, 2013 4:07 pm  #1005

It's raining for the first time in days! There's been this heatwave but now it's raining!!!

Dean - "I'm not happy about it. But I got to move on. So I'm gonna keep doing what we do...while I still can. And I'd like you to be there with me."

Sam - "I'm your brother, Dean, if you ever need to talk about anything with anybody, you got someone right here next to you."

July 23, 2013 4:47 pm  #1006

I know! There was a terrible lightning storm at about 5am and it woke me up. Then I got drenched on the way home from school. Atleast it was the last day!  

I was wondering if you'd like to have coffee...
Hmm. I really don't know. Oh, I'm sorry, did I say 'know'? I meant 'care'. I don't really care. 
Douglas Richardson, Cremona

July 23, 2013 10:57 pm  #1007

Well, I had a bit of a busy day...I took the kids to Pizza Hut for the lunch buffet, then I came home and set up the kids' pool on the porch.  We've decided to get rid of our hot tub that came with the house, so I put an ad into Craigslist about it- free hot tub to anyone who hauls it away...

I've received 60 emails in the past few hours.

Hopefully, someone will come and get it tonight.  I want my porch  But I guess I don't have to worry if one offer falls through- plenty more in the queue.  Yay, usable space!

__________________________________________________________________Bigby: Will you shut up?
Colin: Well, maybe if my throat wasn’t so parched, I wouldn’t have to keep talking.
Bigby: Wait, that doesn’t make se-
Coline: Just give me a drink, please.

July 24, 2013 6:24 am  #1008

Hello Molly! BIG storm wasn't it! I left walking the dogs until it had finished, much too dangerous! My little pony was out in it but she was fine. I was ironing when the rain bucket end down again in the afternoon, a bit earlier than you of it, but got caught in a heavy shower at the stables in the morning. Still so hot and muggy though isn't it. I wouldn't like the 90%+ in the US!

Happy Summer Holidays!

July 24, 2013 7:24 am  #1009

The thunder and lightning woke me.
If I wake, I don't go back to sleep....
And we're moving  our daughter from flat to house today.
The joys.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://professorfangirl.tumblr.com/post/105838327464/heres-an-outtake-of-mark-gatiss-on-the

July 24, 2013 12:11 pm  #1010

Hi girls,

long time no see hope you all are doing well?!

I'll try to read some of the 17 sites of threads that have piled up

----------
Normal is not something to aspire to, it's something to get away from!

July 24, 2013 12:12 pm  #1011

I wondered already what became of you. Nice to see you again. I think you'll have a lot of catching up to do. 

------------------------------
"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

"It is what it is says love." (Erich Fried)

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

July 24, 2013 2:37 pm  #1012

I ended up with over 100 emails to get my hot tub before I was able to delete the listing.  Was not expecting that at all.  Hoping someone comes today and gets it, otherwise I have to go the the next person.  Someone even wanted my breaker with it...MY BREAKER.  The electrical connection.  It's a free hot tub, worth thousands of dollars.  GET YOUR OWN BREAKER.

Sorry, rant over.

__________________________________________________________________Bigby: Will you shut up?
Colin: Well, maybe if my throat wasn’t so parched, I wouldn’t have to keep talking.
Bigby: Wait, that doesn’t make se-
Coline: Just give me a drink, please.

July 24, 2013 2:42 pm  #1013

I saw Ben in his appearance on Top Gear last night, first time airing here in the US. He had the Sherlock hair, and was wearing that blue denim shirt he's been wearing all over, burgundy jeans and red trainers of some kind. Relaxed, smiley, funny, lovely. And say what you want about that Jeremy guy on that show, he interviews celebrities better than most of the so-called professional interviewers on TV, IMO. Not one stupid otter picture in sight.

July 24, 2013 2:55 pm  #1014

Did you see his explanation of how Sherlock survived? Something about Mycroft dressed as a woman?

And he mentioned the fanfiction!

July 24, 2013 3:26 pm  #1015

kittykat wrote:

Did you see his explanation of how Sherlock survived? Something about Mycroft dressed as a woman?And he mentioned the fanfiction!

Lots of silliness, but all good-natured and all in fun. I enjoyed watching those few minutes.

July 24, 2013 3:59 pm  #1016

To be honest, I had no idea he was like that. Until I started watching interviews, I thought he was quiet and reserved!

July 24, 2013 4:23 pm  #1017

kittykat wrote:

To be honest, I had no idea he was like that. Until I started watching interviews, I thought he was quiet and reserved!

Oh, no. Super, super intelligent, very articulate, funny as hell, and just plain nice. Isn't he a delight?

July 24, 2013 4:45 pm  #1018

He does seem to be really lovely And he would have to be funny to match wits with Martin, who is brilliant!

July 25, 2013 7:45 am  #1019

SusiGo wrote:

I wondered already what became of you. Nice to see you again. I think you'll have a lot of catching up to do. 

At least you noticed

I just lost the interest in this forum a bit, as it usually happens. And I had other stuff to do and I think subconsciously I needed a break from anything Sherlock related, because there wasn't anything new and I got bored, but the ComicCon got me hooked again.

We have some new members, that's always good.

----------
Normal is not something to aspire to, it's something to get away from!

July 25, 2013 9:56 am  #1020

Ivy wrote:

I just lost the interest in this forum a bit, as it usually happens. And I had other stuff to do and I think subconsciously I needed a break from anything Sherlock related, because there wasn't anything new and I got bored, but the ComicCon got me hooked again.We have some new members, that's always good.

I'm bored right now too. To death and beyond. *yawn*  But I'm still here, dabbling into just a few of the threads, since I'm determined to avoid spoilers as much as I can. Here in the US, we'll be lucky to see the next season of the show by next May.... not sure I can stick it out here that long. We'll see.

Board footera