BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

July 17, 2013 2:41 pm  #961

Re: Chit-chat

kittykat wrote:

sj4iy wrote:

kittykat wrote:

Found Parade's End and The Last Enemy on DVD today

I LOOOOOOVE Parade's End.  So heartbreaking.

Never seen either of them before, don't really know what they're about...but I needed them!

Am I obsessed?

I kept seeing HBO advertise it, so I went ahead and imported the blu-ray from the UK because it looked so good.  I've read the books before (long ago- British Lit was my minor in college), and when I saw that they had made the mini-series, I had to have it ^^  I like period pieces, but Downton Abbey was such a crappy show, I hated it.  Parade's End is what Downton Abbey wishes it could be.  I've never heard of The Last Enemy.

__________________________________________________________________Bigby: Will you shut up?
Colin: Well, maybe if my throat wasn’t so parched, I wouldn’t have to keep talking.
Bigby: Wait, that doesn’t make se-
Coline: Just give me a drink, please.

July 17, 2013 2:44 pm  #962

Dead exciting.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://professorfangirl.tumblr.com/post/105838327464/heres-an-outtake-of-mark-gatiss-on-the

July 17, 2013 10:57 pm  #963

Sounds it

__________________________________________________________________Bigby: Will you shut up?
Colin: Well, maybe if my throat wasn’t so parched, I wouldn’t have to keep talking.

July 17, 2013 11:10 pm  #964

My brother's wedding on Saturday!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Dean - "I'm not happy about it. But I got to move on. So I'm gonna keep doing what we do...while I still can. And I'd like you to be there with me."

Sam - "I'm your brother, Dean, if you ever need to talk about anything with anybody, you got someone right here next to you."

July 17, 2013 11:21 pm  #965

Yay!  Are you in the wedding party?

July 17, 2013 11:33 pm  #966

It's at a registry office, but yes I am

Wedding's in the afternoon, reception at night.

Dean - "I'm not happy about it. But I got to move on. So I'm gonna keep doing what we do...while I still can. And I'd like you to be there with me."

Sam - "I'm your brother, Dean, if you ever need to talk about anything with anybody, you got someone right here next to you."

July 18, 2013 6:00 am  #967

That's great! Have fun! 

Oh catchword wedding. My mom asked me yesterday if I knew who is going to marry in December.
And of course I was like "John and Sherlock!". 
Well, she was just referring to my tutor.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Falling is just like flying, except there’s a more permanent destination."

"Sherlock Holmes is a great man, and I think one day—if we’re very very lucky—he might even be a good one."

"Would you like to-"
"-have dinner?"
"-solve crimes?"
"Oh"

July 18, 2013 8:13 am  #968

Nice weather for a wedding! Have you got a pretty frock? (Love that word 'frock').

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Don't make people into heroes John. Heroes don't exist and if they did I wouldn't be one of them.

July 18, 2013 12:36 pm  #969

Hope the wedding goes well, kittykat!

I'm really excited because my 4 yo daughter is coming home today after being away for a month!  Her grandparents are bringing her back up to our house, so that will be a long drive (it's 450 miles away), but I've definitely missed her ^^

July 18, 2013 1:59 pm  #970

Davina wrote:

Nice weather for a wedding! Have you got a pretty frock? (Love that word 'frock').

It's a navy blue colour, not flowing but knee-length and more "fitted" if you know what I mean.

July 18, 2013 2:00 pm  #971

kittykat wrote:

Davina wrote:

It's a navy blue colour, not flowing but knee-length and more "fitted" if you know what I mean.

Sounds pretty :D

July 18, 2013 2:01 pm  #972

Oh, I would love to go to a wedding. The last one has been three years ago. Guess the time when all of our friends were getting married is over.

(In fact, some of them are getting divorced already.)

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I still believe that love conquers all!

"Quick, man, if you love me."

July 18, 2013 2:04 pm  #973

I do have pictures, but they're on my external hard drive. If I remember, I'll get it later and try to post them

July 18, 2013 2:04 pm  #974

Schmiezi wrote:

Oh, I would love to go to a wedding. The last one has been three years ago. Guess the time when all of our friends were getting married is over.

(In fact, some of them are getting divorced already.)

That's exactly how it is.  There's like a 5 year period after college where everyone is getting married and you're going to 5 weddings a year....then suddenly, nothing else.  Honestly, though, it wrecked our budget (we had to go to a bunch of out-of-town ones), so I don't mind.  My little sister is going to get married next May, though, so I will be happy to go to that one ^^  My own wedding was 8 years ago!

July 18, 2013 2:07 pm  #975

My sister is talking about getting married next year but there's no concrete plans yet. Her divorce hasn't come through yet either (the guy she was married to before was a complete waste of space; her new guy is so much better if you ask me).

July 18, 2013 2:28 pm  #976

My friends are starting to invite us for their baby's baptisms. Or do you say christenings?

Anyway, that and divorces are the new weddings when you are in the mid-thirties...

Last edited by Schmiezi (July 18, 2013 2:28 pm)

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

July 18, 2013 2:39 pm  #977

Schmiezi wrote:

My friends are starting to invite us for their baby's baptisms. Or do you say christenings?

Anyway, that and divorces are the new weddings when you are in the mid-thirties...

Christening for babies  None of our friends have divorced yet...but I have a few that I'm just counting down the days, as bad as that sounds.

July 18, 2013 2:51 pm  #978

So it's baptism for adults?

It sounds bad, but sometimes you just can't help it. I'm already waiting for a certain divorce, and I would bet money on it. Only that none of our friends would accept that bet...

July 18, 2013 7:13 pm  #979

Schmiezi wrote:

My friends are starting to invite us for their baby's baptisms. Or do you say christenings? Anyway, that and divorces are the new weddings when you are in the mid-thirties...

Wait till you're my age (early 60s) and the new weddings are funerals. Just sayin'.

July 18, 2013 7:17 pm  #980

Schmiezi wrote:

So it's baptism for adults?

Depends on the Christian denomination what they want to call it. I'm a Protestant, and in the large church I go to, infant/child baptisms are almost unheard of now. Now the parents present the child for something called dedication-- that they're dedicated to the idea of teaching the kid Christianity and bringing him up in the faith, and the people in the church pledge to support that. Then baptism (we do full submersion) is done when the child is old enough to understand and make a choice to be a Christian, or for adults who are newly converted.

But in just basic English, I think christening and baptism can be interchangeable words, pretty much.

Board footera