BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

June 23, 2013 2:27 am  #901

Re: Chit-chat

Schmiezi wrote:

Go Boston Bruins!
It's 3:20 am over here in Germany. I'm joining my hubby in watching Hockey to support Dennis Seidenberg! (*yawn*)

I just yelled at my TV, "Oh, for cryin' out loud!" as the Bruins put tons of pressure on the Blackhawks goal but couldn't seem to get the puck in there. And then, about 30 seconds later, in it went! Yayy! Go Bruins! I live about 40 miles north of Boston, so there's no question about who we're rooting for here.

June 23, 2013 10:17 am  #902

Tired!
It was about 5 am when the game finished (unfortunately without the Bruins winning). At least I know now that dawn starts around 4:30 here.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I still believe that love conquers all!

"Quick, man, if you love me."

June 23, 2013 10:30 am  #903

Schmiezi wrote:

Tired!
It was about 5 am when the game finished (unfortunately without the Bruins winning). At least I know now that dawn starts around 4:30 here.

The Bruins lost. *sad face* Next game will be tough, on the bad guys' ice, and it will be do or die for the good guys. Go, Bruins....

June 23, 2013 10:33 am  #904

There's still hope...
Go, Bruins.

Do you go to TD Garden occasionally?

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

June 23, 2013 10:38 am  #905

Schmiezi wrote:

There's still hope...
Go, Bruins. Do you go to TD Garden occasionally?

Yes, but I've never been to a Bruins or Celtics game. I've been to the Garden for concerts a few times. This new facility (built in the mid-90s on the same spot as the old classic Garden) is new and gorgeous. State of the art sound, AC and heat, cushy seats, etc. I remember the old Garden, where the lack of summer AC caused thick fog on the ice, so you could barely see the action. And if you were sitting in the upper levels, sometimes rats would run over your feet as they looked for spilled popcorn to eat. *smile* No rats these days, at least not off the ice, lol.

June 23, 2013 10:46 am  #906

We sometimes go to Cologne to see a game, but German hockey is so much slower than the NHL. I would not watch it on TV. Hubby always jokes that German hockey is so slow that even I can see the puck all the time...

June 23, 2013 10:49 am  #907

Schmiezi wrote:

We sometimes go to Cologne to see a game, but German hockey is so much slower than the NHL. I would not watch it on TV. Hubby always jokes that German hockey is so slow that even I can see the puck all the time...

I made the comment during last night's game that the starship Enterprise had nothing on the puck-- warp factor two!

June 23, 2013 10:55 am  #908

German hockey is like the Enterprise going to full impulse.

June 23, 2013 6:22 pm  #909

Schmiezi wrote:

German hockey is like the Enterprise going to full impulse.

Keep all fingers and toes crossed for the Bruins. It's do or die, next time out, but at least they'll be on home ice. And Patrice Bergeron went to the hospital after the game last night, no one has said anything about his injury, about what's going on or whether or not he'll play the next game. Argh!

June 23, 2013 10:42 pm  #910

Anybody here? Want to chat?

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Dean - "I'm not happy about it. But I got to move on. So I'm gonna keep doing what we do...while I still can. And I'd like you to be there with me."

Sam - "I'm your brother, Dean, if you ever need to talk about anything with anybody, you got someone right here next to you."

June 23, 2013 10:58 pm  #911

I'm around  What's up?

__________________________________________________________________Bigby: Will you shut up?
Colin: Well, maybe if my throat wasn’t so parched, I wouldn’t have to keep talking.
Bigby: Wait, that doesn’t make se-
Coline: Just give me a drink, please.

June 23, 2013 11:01 pm  #912

Hey! Do I know your name? I'm Kathryn

I got my dad to watch Series 1 with me and he liked it a lot!

Dean - "I'm not happy about it. But I got to move on. So I'm gonna keep doing what we do...while I still can. And I'd like you to be there with me."

Sam - "I'm your brother, Dean, if you ever need to talk about anything with anybody, you got someone right here next to you."

June 23, 2013 11:10 pm  #913

Hello  I'm Brandi.

That's awesome about your dad.  The last time my mom spent a week at my house, she and I watched it together.  She liked it, although she had trouble following the dialogue occasionally because she's not used to people with non-American accents.  My friends are Australian and my former boss was British (from London), so I'm used to it XD

__________________________________________________________________Bigby: Will you shut up?
Colin: Well, maybe if my throat wasn’t so parched, I wouldn’t have to keep talking.

June 23, 2013 11:12 pm  #914

Ah, we're British

We'll watch Series 2 this week; he couldn't believe the cliffhanger!

June 23, 2013 11:18 pm  #915

I'm surprised you could wait till next week, we couldn't stand it.

June 23, 2013 11:23 pm  #916

I'm watching it myself right now!

June 23, 2013 11:27 pm  #917

LOL, awesome

June 23, 2013 11:33 pm  #918

Definitely addicted to this show!

June 23, 2013 11:36 pm  #919

Right now my house is quiet (huge shock), so I'm listening to the soundtrack from "Doctor Who - Series 5".  I absolutely love the last few tracks on it, especially "You and Me, Amy"...just so sweet.

June 23, 2013 11:40 pm  #920

My dad goes out a few nights a week so I'll be on my own at the weekend

Board footera