BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

May 11, 2013 7:04 am  #841

Re: Chit-chat

August! 22nd! Outrageous! Will it be dubbed or sub-titled m0r?

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Don't make people into heroes John. Heroes don't exist and if they did I wouldn't be one of them.

May 11, 2013 1:11 pm  #842

Generally there are three options Davina, I'll have caught it by then via other means and so might watch it in Spanish to see the differences.

I saw The Dark Knight Rises in English without subtitles here. So there will probably be that option too.

-m0r

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
And each separate dying ember wrought its ghost upon the floor.

May 11, 2013 2:41 pm  #843

It is the rugby club Summer Ball tonight. So it is raining, windy and the overnight temperature will be dropping to 4 degrees. Yes! British Summer!  . Mind you I don't know why they call it a Summer Ball because it isn't really! It is a masked ball which, in theory, should give me free rein to misbehave! 

Don't make people into heroes John. Heroes don't exist and if they did I wouldn't be one of them.

May 11, 2013 8:22 pm  #844

Davina wrote:

It is the rugby club Summer Ball tonight. So it is raining, windy and the overnight temperature will be dropping to 4 degrees. Yes! British Summer! . Mind you I don't know why they call it a Summer Ball because it isn't really! It is a masked ball which, in theory, should give me free rein to misbehave!

Summer in May? Earlyish May?  That will never do, not when one lives in the frozen north. Gee, summer doesn't even officially start until June 21 or whatever it is!

May 12, 2013 11:49 am  #845

Sunny but really cold wind today.

I was disappointed last night by how few people entered into the spirit of a masquerade. A few had no masks and very, very many removed them almost immediately. I kept mine on (Venetian style, black and gold with braid and plumes) until I realised I was, in fact, the last person wearing one. We Brits can be so staid! Carnivale it definitely wasn't! I am hoping to go to Venice for Carnivale next year, flights from the airport which is less than 10 minutes away, knowing that everyone will dress up and wear masks.

May 14, 2013 8:55 pm  #846

what movie are you lot talking about?   Oh   ST   In the tdark?  that one with  Our boy Ben as the villain?   Hmmmmm.    I'm  not much on the ST  franchise anymore,  but I MIGHT  go  see it in the theater  when it  opens.   No  midnight showing for me,  that's way too early.  

I  love masked balls,  I wish someone would take me to one,  but I can't dance,  with my  bad knees.....oh  woe.   But back in the day,  they were held all over.They  were the highlight of High  society.    Nowadays ppl don't think they're fun anymore.   But I hope you had a little fun,  davina. 

It feels like summer here  where I live in the western part of USA.   My  gosh,  how  hot can I GET?   Add hot flashes  and night sweats.   that equals  HOT.   And my  poor kitty  thinks that laying on the ground is a lot cooler.   My  4 legged kitty,  that is.   I've been  busy  making cards and doing jigsaw puzzles.    Also  I  go  out  volunteering at least once a week.  

I've found some games  for my cell phone,  and that's probly why I'm not on here very much.    but not to fear,   I'll  get back  here.   After all,  I can burn calories just walking frm one room to the other,  right?  

Does anyone know when the 4th season of Downton Abby  will start?     

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

SHERLOCK!!!!!!

May 14, 2013 9:03 pm  #847

Howdy, skitty!

Funny you're so hot (no double entendre intended...); it's been really cool here in SC for May.

Good to see you on the forum again.

Masked balls should come back again--quite cultured.

"Perfectly sound analysis. I was hoping you would go a little deeper."

May 19, 2013 7:16 am  #848

Ever get that feeling when you can't be bothered to get up in the morning?

May 19, 2013 7:20 am  #849

Even as a lifelong insomniac, actually no.

Last edited by besleybean (May 19, 2013 7:21 am)

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://professorfangirl.tumblr.com/post/105838327464/heres-an-outtake-of-mark-gatiss-on-the

May 19, 2013 7:34 am  #850

As someone who's just came home from a party...probably.

-m0r

And each separate dying ember wrought its ghost upon the floor.

May 19, 2013 8:05 am  #851

Skitty, you should go and watch it! You won't regret it!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Falling is just like flying, except there’s a more permanent destination."

"Sherlock Holmes is a great man, and I think one day—if we’re very very lucky—he might even be a good one."

"Would you like to-"
"-have dinner?"
"-solve crimes?"
"Oh"

May 19, 2013 1:02 pm  #852

It was fun, although it could have been more funner!  (Deliberately bad English you lot!)

No hangover, I hope, m0r.

Skitty, your post made me laugh (inappropriately).

Always knew you were cool Tantalus! 

Our horsey qualified for second rounds in Foxhunter (1.20m) yesterday. I know that will probably mean nothing to anyone here but it is a cause for celebration! Whoop! 

May 21, 2013 7:00 am  #853

I've never posted in that thread?! So, hello everyone....

----------
Normal is not something to aspire to, it's something to get away from!

May 21, 2013 8:19 am  #854

Hello! I'm having a rubbish start to the day. Overslept because him indoors went off at 4 a.m. and woke me up. I switched off my alarm at 7ish and fell back to sleep. Woke up at 8.30!!! Now I've cut my hand (not badly, just enough to hurt a bit and make me even crosserer!  )

It is going to be one of those days!

At least we haven't had The Invasion of the Body-Snatcher Spammers overnight!

Last edited by Davina (May 21, 2013 8:20 am)

May 21, 2013 8:30 am  #855

Oh, Davina! Watch Sherlock and it's all gonna be fine again! 

"Sherlock Holmes is a great man, and I think one day—if we’re very very lucky—he might even be a good one."

"Would you like to-"
"-have dinner?"
"-solve crimes?"
"Oh"

May 21, 2013 8:35 am  #856

My night was too short, but I almost kissed Hugh Laurie last night, I don't know why. Was interesting nonetheless.

----------

May 21, 2013 8:48 am  #857

Ivy wrote:

My night was too short, but I almost kissed Hugh Laurie last night, I don't know why. Was interesting nonetheless.

Ahaha, yesterday I had one of these nights where I almost kissed Martin, but then my mother woke me up. I was all like: You should have let me sleep!

"Would you like to-"
"-have dinner?"
"-solve crimes?"
"Oh"

May 21, 2013 12:26 pm  #858

Isn't that mean! I don't know why it was Hugh and it was all really incoherent, but when it was getting..well... let's say interesting, I woke up... He was wearing a wonderful aftershave....
Could be really worse than dreaming of Hugh Laurie is about to kiss you...

----------

May 21, 2013 6:55 pm  #859

Oh my. Just seen setlock pic of the boys saying goodbye at the end of this round of filming...sobbing. I mean, I'm sobbing!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://professorfangirl.tumblr.com/post/105838327464/heres-an-outtake-of-mark-gatiss-on-the

May 22, 2013 1:50 pm  #860

besleybean wrote:

Oh my. Just seen setlock pic of the boys saying goodbye at the end of this round of filming...sobbing. I mean, I'm sobbing!

Good to know I'm not the only setlock follower. The love among the cast is really sweet and touching.

----------

Board footera