BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

May 9, 2013 6:28 am  #821

Re: Chit-chat

besleybean wrote:

It's sometimes hard to cope with super assertive,stable, confident people.

...having the additional indisputable advantage of being native English speakers.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
John: "Have you spoken to Mycroft, Molly, uh, anyone?"
Mrs Hudson: "They don’t matter. You do."

I BELIEVE IN SERIES 5!

May 9, 2013 11:38 am  #822

besleybean wrote:

.... I liked Kazza and miss her....Sherlock seems to attract some special people who require understanding and care... It's sometimes hard to cope with super assertive,stable, confident people.

Super assertive, stable and confident? Is that what that was? *wonders* Anyway, I thought kazza was just taking a break, getting away from the newbies that drove her crazy for a while. No? I see she's still listed as a moderator. Is she gone permanently?

May 9, 2013 11:49 am  #823

ancientsgate wrote:

besleybean wrote:

.... I liked Kazza and miss her....Sherlock seems to attract some special people who require understanding and care... It's sometimes hard to cope with super assertive,stable, confident people.

Super assertive, stable and confident? Is that what that was? *wonders* Anyway, I thought kazza was just taking a break, getting away from the newbies that drove her crazy for a while. No? I see she's still listed as a moderator. Is she gone permanently?

Nobody knows... 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Falling is just like flying, except there’s a more permanent destination."

"Sherlock Holmes is a great man, and I think one day—if we’re very very lucky—he might even be a good one."

"Would you like to-"
"-have dinner?"
"-solve crimes?"
"Oh"

May 9, 2013 3:33 pm  #824

I hope she's back soon.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://professorfangirl.tumblr.com/post/105838327464/heres-an-outtake-of-mark-gatiss-on-the

May 9, 2013 3:36 pm  #825

Just an idea, but perhaps knock off the moderator tag and she'll be able to get back to being her beautiful self without the responcibility of authority.

I know I'd never be a moderator again, some people enjoy it and others like me like to hang from the framework and test it's mettle.

-m0r

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
And each separate dying ember wrought its ghost upon the floor.

May 9, 2013 7:14 pm  #826

I've tried evy means I can think of to contact her (including the dreaded Twitter) but with no success  . Perhaps someone else can give it a go?

What an image m0r, hanging from the framework! Is that 'hanged' or 'hung'? 

We Moderators are a rare breed  .

Don't make people into heroes John. Heroes don't exist and if they did I wouldn't be one of them.

May 9, 2013 7:19 pm  #827

Rare breed? Now that makes me think of something … *clapping hands to mouth* 

------------------------------
"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

"It is what it is says love." (Erich Fried)

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

May 9, 2013 7:29 pm  #828

Davina wrote:

I've tried evy means I can think of to contact her (including the dreaded Twitter) but with no success . Perhaps someone else can give it a go?

How strange. I hope she's okay. When people disappear like that, I tend to worry.

May 9, 2013 7:31 pm  #829

Davina wrote:

What an image m0r, hanging from the framework! Is that 'hanged' or 'hung'?

Paintings are hung and people are hanged (That's the quote from My Fair Lady isn't it?)

What's the something you're thinking of in relation to rare breed Susi? Is it a German thing?

-m0r

May 9, 2013 7:34 pm  #830

No. Would be a spoiler for a film. 

"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

May 9, 2013 7:39 pm  #831

Gotcha! Cheers for thinking about us poor people who haven't seen it yet.

Might be worthwhile having a thread started for those who have seen it to discuss it. That way if anyone clicks into that thread they know they'll be spoilers and so shouldn't. This will let you and the team discuss all the fine action you've seen without having to worry about us who haven't yet.

-m0r

May 9, 2013 7:44 pm  #832

Good idea. 

May 9, 2013 9:55 pm  #833

No sooner said than...oh there's another thread with spoilers. Good idea. I am going to avoid that until I have seen it.

Don't make people into heroes John. Heroes don't exist and if they did I wouldn't be one of them.

May 10, 2013 5:48 pm  #834

Davina wrote:

Not sure about the other Aussies.

I saw it today. Well, last night, seeing as it's almost 4am now, haha.
Fully intend on seeing it again. So epic!

------------------------------------------
There's no shortcut to a dream. It's all blood and sweat and life is what you manage in between.

May 10, 2013 6:28 pm  #835

Friday afternoons and not a spot of Trek available to me.

*Huffs*

-m0r

May 10, 2013 6:36 pm  #836

m0r1arty wrote:

Friday afternoons and not a spot of Trek available to me. *Huffs*  -m0r

You in the US? As usual, we have to wait until the rest of the world has seen stuff before we can (what's up with that, anyway?)  It won't even open here until the weekend of the 18th.

May 10, 2013 6:41 pm  #837

I'm a little further South than that Ancientsgate, I have to wait until August 22nd to see it legally (Which I will - the seeing it legally thing I mean).

-m0r

May 10, 2013 6:47 pm  #838

m0r1arty wrote:

I'm a little further South than that Ancientsgate, I have to wait until August 22nd to see it legally (Which I will - the seeing it legally thing I mean).

-m0r

Oh! Then I'll do my best to quit whining about May 18!

May 10, 2013 7:37 pm  #839

-m0r

May 10, 2013 10:39 pm  #840

ancientsgate wrote:

m0r1arty wrote:

-m0r

Oh! Then I'll do my best to quit whining about May 18!

Especially since I have now heard that it's May 17 here in the US. Midnight showing, anyone?

Board footera