BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

March 17, 2013 10:54 am  #761

Re: Chit-chat

Well, I could do an apprenticeship first and then go to university - because then I've got money. 
But I have enough time to think it over. All I know is that I'm definitely not going to work with children aged 6 - 10 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Falling is just like flying, except there’s a more permanent destination."

"Sherlock Holmes is a great man, and I think one day—if we’re very very lucky—he might even be a good one."

"Would you like to-"
"-have dinner?"
"-solve crimes?"
"Oh"

March 17, 2013 11:02 am  #762

It's good that you still have some time to decide what to do - I kept changing my plans several times at that age. 

--------------------------------

"Yes, of course I forgive you."

March 17, 2013 10:00 pm  #763

Had a nice birthday today. Ate chocolate cake, wrestled with the nephew and watched a movie with a buddy. Also, happy St.Patrick's Day, my loves.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
My blog: 3sidestoeverystory.tumblr.com

March 17, 2013 10:03 pm  #764

Argh, now I haven't had the time to create a birthday gif. Well, happy birthday wishes anyway 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Falling is just like flying, except there’s a more permanent destination."

"Sherlock Holmes is a great man, and I think one day—if we’re very very lucky—he might even be a good one."

"Would you like to-"
"-have dinner?"
"-solve crimes?"
"Oh"

March 17, 2013 10:05 pm  #765

Happy birthday evening, dear Dramagod!
May you never run out of chocolate cake and good movies...

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
John: "Have you spoken to Mycroft, Molly, uh, anyone?"
Mrs Hudson: "They don’t matter. You do."

I BELIEVE IN SERIES 5!

March 17, 2013 10:07 pm  #766

Yes, happy birthday, my dear! 

Eventually everyone will support Johnlock.   Independent OSAJ Affiliate

... but there may be some new players now. It’s okay. The East Wind takes us all in the end.

March 18, 2013 5:42 am  #767

Happy birthday, Dramagod.

Everyone else (except tobe): Feel piched for not wearing a green signature on St. Patrick's Day!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I still believe that love conquers all!

"Quick, man, if you love me."

March 18, 2013 3:18 pm  #768

I would like some information about how school works in the UK. Here in America we have Elementary School Grades K-2, Primary School Grades 3-5, Middle School Grades 6-8, High School Grades 9-12, then it's off to College.

If someone wants to go into a career in acting then at the college level they can take acting classes but they would need to pick a university that is heavy in the arts. There are some dedicated acting colleges but they are dreadfully difficult to get into. There are also a few Preforming Arts high schools, but you have to meet certain criteria to get into them as well. My daughter wanted to go to the school of preforming arts for high school and if that had happened she would have had to leave home and go live with her aunt because you have to be a city resident to get in. We live in the suburbs. As it is she changed her mind and is now pursuing a career in psychology. 

So what kind of educational arc would someone in the UK follow if they ultimately wanted to get into the preforming arts?

"I may be on the side of the angels,
but don't think for one second that I am one of them."

March 18, 2013 5:36 pm  #769

Study drama at uni or join a rep group or attend a designatd Drama college.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://professorfangirl.tumblr.com/post/105838327464/heres-an-outtake-of-mark-gatiss-on-the

March 18, 2013 10:04 pm  #770

Do the grade levels follow the same sort of system that I mentioned in my last post? That would be the pre-college grades. Also what are the good drama colleges there?

March 19, 2013 6:50 am  #771

I'm really not up on drama colleges...I assume there are on-line resources/lists of this kind of thing. Tho people on here may knew:  The Boss, for instance. I know The Central drama school is mentioned.
You mean school qualifications?
They are different here in Scotland to elsewhere in the UK.
But simply you either levae school at 16 with basic qualifications(GCSE/Standard grade), or stay on to 18 to get Advanced/Higher qualifications.
You would then either go to collge  for a more practical/technical/vocational course, university for an academic course, or try and get a job..or go to a sepcific art/drama/music college.
This is just an overview.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://professorfangirl.tumblr.com/post/105838327464/heres-an-outtake-of-mark-gatiss-on-the

March 19, 2013 4:18 pm  #772

AliceI wrote:

Do the grade levels follow the same sort of system that I mentioned in my last post? That would be the pre-college grades. Also what are the good drama colleges there?

Ben went to the Univ. of Manchester, and I believe he studied theater there. No idea if it's considered a drama college or not. Here in the US, we all know about the Royal Academy of Dramatic Art, but I think that's for the creme de la creme, or at least that's the reputation it has here, on the other side of the pond.

March 19, 2013 4:29 pm  #773

Afterwards he also studied at London Academy of Music and Dramatic Art. 

------------------------------
"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

"It is what it is says love." (Erich Fried)

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

March 26, 2013 11:32 pm  #774

I came across this video on facebook and wanted to share.
As I watched I cried, because at least two of those kids were me. I remember feeling these things while in school, hell I remember feeling some of these things as recently as last week.
The bit about the children defining beauty as Mom really got to me. I have a loving husband and three wonderful children and yet I still feel unwanted at times.
Maybe it really does all go back to those messages pounded into us as children.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ltun92DfnPY

March 29, 2013 10:02 am  #775

Oh what is that? Ah, freshly fallen snow! Of course.

UAAAAHHH! *thud*

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I still believe that love conquers all!

"Quick, man, if you love me."

March 29, 2013 3:37 pm  #776

What is The Gerkin and what is it for? I found a page about it that talked about it's construction and energy efficient systems and such. It also says it's not open to the public, but no where does it say what the building is for. Is it offices or a bank or what?
It is striking and I am just curious.

March 29, 2013 4:45 pm  #777

Think it is offices. I love it.

April 2, 2013 3:36 pm  #778

In Canada. In the mountains. The marmots are whistling. Spring has sprung.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Don't make people into heroes John. Heroes don't exist and if they did I wouldn't be one of them.

April 2, 2013 4:17 pm  #779

Gorgeous here today.

April 2, 2013 6:26 pm  #780

Unfortunately it is snowing and cold here. Not too happy about that. 

Board footera