BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

March 1, 2013 9:51 pm  #741

Re: Chit-chat

SusiGo wrote:

Yes, it's the first novel I wrote. It's a crime novel set in 1920s Berlin and Leo Wechsler is my detective inspector. If you want to know what it is about, this here's in English:

http://www.dtv.de/books/leo_berlin_21390.html

Cool! I'll give it a look.

"I may be on the side of the angels,
but don't think for one second that I am one of them."

March 4, 2013 11:41 am  #742

Placement, first day at the primary school:
I really, really feel tired now and I fully understand teachers in general. Kudos to them.
But there was a nice moment, when they were talking about self-confidence and about how Sherlock Holmes would solve problems like that. Quote Teacher: "Like Sherlock Holmes you should be aware of your bad skills." I had to giggle. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Falling is just like flying, except there’s a more permanent destination."

"Sherlock Holmes is a great man, and I think one day—if we’re very very lucky—he might even be a good one."

"Would you like to-"
"-have dinner?"
"-solve crimes?"
"Oh"

March 17, 2013 8:39 am  #743

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

It just started snowing again!
I used to love every chance to tell the world that "Winter is comming" indeed, but enough is enough!

Why don't we have this smiley that thuds his head against a wall?

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I still believe that love conquers all!

"Quick, man, if you love me."

March 17, 2013 8:54 am  #744

I can't take it either,Schmiezi. In fact, I feel this long winter gave me my feverish colds. I would love to shut all the windows just not to see it anymore...

Eventually everyone will support Johnlock.   Independent OSAJ Affiliate

... but there may be some new players now. It’s okay. The East Wind takes us all in the end.

March 17, 2013 9:02 am  #745

Harriet wrote:

I can't take it either,Schmiezi. In fact, I feel this long winter gave me my feverish colds. I would love to shut all the windows just not to see it anymore...

Yep, down with snow! At least I will feel quite heroical when facing the white to get fresh rolls from the baker soon.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

March 17, 2013 9:09 am  #746

Enjoy - you have a baker around 

... but there may be some new players now. It’s okay. The East Wind takes us all in the end.

March 17, 2013 9:27 am  #747

Hahaha, good luck with that! 

"Sherlock Holmes is a great man, and I think one day—if we’re very very lucky—he might even be a good one."

"Would you like to-"
"-have dinner?"
"-solve crimes?"
"Oh"

March 17, 2013 9:44 am  #748

Here it's not snowing down from above, but from the left to the right.
Hate it. HATE. IT.

"After all this time?" "Always."
Good bye, Lord Rickman of the Alan

March 17, 2013 9:50 am  #749

I'm a hero! And wet. And cold. But I've got rolls!

March 17, 2013 9:57 am  #750

And soon you will have a wonderful breakfast! Well done! 

March 17, 2013 10:00 am  #751

Well done! Enjoy your breakfast! 

"Would you like to-"
"-have dinner?"
"-solve crimes?"
"Oh"

March 17, 2013 10:00 am  #752

Well done, Schmiezi! 

I am lucky today -  look out of the window rewards me with a light blue sky, sunshine and fluffy clouds! ♥
I think I am in the mood for a walk in the woods today. 
But actually I have to learn for my exam... because I belong to that kind of people who have two whole months to learn for an exam and start the week before. 
If it wasn't so cold I would just take my books with me and sit down on a bench in the woods. I prefer learning outside because it's quiet and it provides less distraction.

--------------------------------

"Yes, of course I forgive you."

March 17, 2013 10:03 am  #753

Lily wrote:

But actually I have to learn for my exam... because I belong to that kind of people who have two whole months to learn for an exam and start the week before. .

Godd luck! With the exam, I mean, not with the learning. And hey, only one week and it will be over!

March 17, 2013 10:05 am  #754

Lily wrote:

Well done, Schmiezi! 

I am lucky today -  look out of the window rewards me with a light blue sky, sunshine and fluffy clouds! ♥
I think I am in the mood for a walk in the woods today. 
But actually I have to learn for my exam... because I belong to that kind of people who have two whole months to learn for an exam and start the week before. 
If it wasn't so cold I would just take my books with me and sit down on a bench in the woods. I prefer learning outside because it's quiet and it provides less distraction.

Yeah, I belong to that kind of people too. 
Though you can take a walk in the woods and learn for your exam after. Nothing clears your mind more than fresh air. 

"Would you like to-"
"-have dinner?"
"-solve crimes?"
"Oh"

March 17, 2013 10:11 am  #755

Well, husband's awake, let the breakfast begin!

March 17, 2013 10:17 am  #756

Thank you! ♥

My problem with learning is always that I have no idea where to start. I have about twenty books and several hundred pages of theoretical texts and I have no idea what will be in this 90 minutes exam.
And it is actually utterly stupid of me to procrastinate for so long because if I fail this exam I won't be able to enroll in the courses that I want to be in next semester. That would be a bit unfortunate.

Well, anyway... any plans for today? 

March 17, 2013 10:26 am  #757

Uh, that sounds kinda stressful  Maybe this is the reason why I'll start an apprenticeship after my abitur, instead of going to university.
Anyway, good luck with your exam 

"Would you like to-"
"-have dinner?"
"-solve crimes?"
"Oh"

March 17, 2013 10:27 am  #758

Thank you! 

Do you already know what kind of apprenticeship you want to do?

March 17, 2013 10:31 am  #759

Hm, not really. I would like to become either a journalist, a book publisher or a therapist but I don't know what kind of apprenticeship you need for these occupations. So well, I'll see. 

"Would you like to-"
"-have dinner?"
"-solve crimes?"
"Oh"

March 17, 2013 10:42 am  #760

As far as I know you need to go to university for both becoming a therapist or a journalist - but I might be wrong.

Anyway, these jobs all sound interesting. 

Board footera