BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

January 23, 2013 10:05 pm  #681

Re: Chit-chat

Sorry Drama, but now I really had to laugh...... Apologies.

"After all this time?" "Always."
Good bye, Lord Rickman of the Alan

January 23, 2013 10:05 pm  #682

Oh, sounds exciting. Not for the old lady, though. I needed a second try as well. 

------------------------------
"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

"It is what it is says love." (Erich Fried)

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

January 23, 2013 10:09 pm  #683

I managed the first time, but I was lucky.
I thought I had lost already and, stubborn, did some "extras" - could have been the end.....

January 23, 2013 10:12 pm  #684

What extras? Drifting? Driving on two wheels? Doing a U-turn?

"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

January 24, 2013 9:22 am  #685

Parking backwards. Everyone before me had to. Except me. So I thought I failed - and did it anyway. ;-P Thank god I managed.

January 24, 2013 9:49 am  #686

I had to reverse park but totally botched it on the day of the test. The examiner put it down to nerves and passed me anyway!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

'Non Solum Ingenii Verum Etiam Virtutis'

January 24, 2013 10:05 am  #687

I made 2 stupid mistakes and then did (to my own surprise) the best of the whole day reverse park performance - that saved me 

Eventually everyone will support Johnlock.   Independent OSAJ Affiliate

... but there may be some new players now. It’s okay. The East Wind takes us all in the end.

January 24, 2013 11:34 am  #688

My boss brought me home sick from work.
I get breathless/palpitations attacks.
They were diagnosed as anxiety attacks about 10 years ago, but I keep thinking I maybe ought to have them re-checked.
Anyhow, the attacks go as quickly as they come, but leave me feeling tired.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://professorfangirl.tumblr.com/post/105838327464/heres-an-outtake-of-mark-gatiss-on-the

January 24, 2013 11:45 am  #689

Sorry to hear that, BB. Maybe you should really have them checked again and see what can be done about them. Hope you'll be better soon. 

January 24, 2013 12:06 pm  #690

besleybean wrote:

They were diagnosed as anxiety attacks about 10 years ago, but I keep thinking I maybe ought to have them re-checked.

I know about that very well. Attacks at narrow places, wide places, in height. Suddenly, without any warning.
They slowly become worse; the last one I had at the (!)hairdresser(!)! (And it was not because she did something wrong :-P)

January 24, 2013 12:43 pm  #691

Well I'm going back into work this afternoon, anyway.
Can't really justify staying off all afternoon:
My son texted to say he needs me to go and collect him from St Andrews tonight...An hour and a half round trip.  I can't really stay off work, when I'm going to do that!

Last edited by besleybean (January 24, 2013 4:43 pm)

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://professorfangirl.tumblr.com/post/105838327464/heres-an-outtake-of-mark-gatiss-on-the

January 27, 2013 11:43 am  #692

BB Hope you collected your son ok. I would get the symptoms checked out again. I assume you avoid caffeine.

DramaGod your post made me laugh. I thought you Finns were all naturally gifted drivers?

Last edited by Davina (January 27, 2013 11:45 am)

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Don't make people into heroes John. Heroes don't exist and if they did I wouldn't be one of them.

January 27, 2013 12:26 pm  #693

I ddin't have to do the St Andrews run in the end.
I possibly shouldn't bore you all with anymore of my medical issues, but yeah, think I need to speak to a  doctor.

Last edited by besleybean (January 27, 2013 12:40 pm)

January 27, 2013 9:06 pm  #694

Davina wrote:

BB Hope you collected your son ok. I would get the symptoms checked out again. I assume you avoid caffeine.

DramaGod your post made me laugh. I thought you Finns were all naturally gifted drivers?

There always have to be exceptions and I guess I was one. First night at the new apartment. I feel really good at the moment. So many shops within a throwing distance and got a little more space. This is my 8th move in the past 10 years, now I try and stay put for a while.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
My blog: 3sidestoeverystory.tumblr.com

January 27, 2013 9:31 pm  #695

8 times in 10 years? I wouldn't have the energy....
Anyway, let me make a traditional gift to you: bread and salt for you move-in! :-)

January 28, 2013 4:13 am  #696

besleybean wrote:

Anxiety sucks, I really do feel your pain. Mine started after a traumatic event a few years back (incident with a car.) When the anxiety hit it felt like I was dying or going insane. In the end I went to see a therapist. Got 6 hours worth of CBT. Life changing. After 6 hours over a couple of weeks I was a different person. I could sleep better for one thing! It's fascinating. I'd certainly recommend it if you have not already tried it. I didn't need medication either which was a blessing.

Feel free to share BB. It's no problem

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

January 28, 2013 7:01 am  #697

Thank you.
It's just that every thing's kind of up in the air, at the moment.
I will let you know when I have something a bit more substantial.
On a positive note, I've started losing weight again.

January 28, 2013 7:37 am  #698

besleybean wrote:

Thank you.
It's just that every thing's kind of up in the air, at the moment.
I will let you know when I have something a bit more substantial.
On a positive note, I've started losing weight again.

Fabulous news
Positive thinking alters brain chemistry, that's why optimists seem to be having a constant 'good day'... Lucky bar-stewards
Keep us posted on how things are going.

January 28, 2013 8:46 am  #699

Hope things improve BB and CBT is very effective. 

DramaGod having shops near is a boon in your climate eh? Lots of moves in ten years but glad you have a nice new apartment. Hope you have happy times there. 

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Don't make people into heroes John. Heroes don't exist and if they did I wouldn't be one of them.

January 28, 2013 4:33 pm  #700

Sorry, I didn't mean to appear dismissive of CBT.
But I do 1st need to rule out that this isn't  infact something physically wrong.

Board footera