BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

October 31, 2012 5:53 pm  #621

Re: Chit-chat

Dramagod wrote:

Had our first real acoustic duo real rehearsal with microphones and stuff with my cousin today. I had forgotten how good it feels to sing to a mic when you hear your own voice so well. Especially one that has little of that nice echo. We're rehearsing these songs at the moment:

Beautiful World (Coldplay)
Fields of Gold (Sting)
We All Need Some Light (Transatlantic)
The Blower's Daughter (Damien Rice)
Polly (Nirvana)
Wonderwall (Oasis)

DG,
I've been wondering when we'd hear more about the new duo. Will you treat us to any samples?
Do you think you might do some original music?

October 31, 2012 5:55 pm  #622

veecee wrote:

AG, sounds like you suffered enough, but at least you weren't injured.
We even got high winds and rain all the way here in Michigan, and some people are without power. We're fine, though. Nothing compared with what you all went through.

I'm grateful that the tree didn't fall 6 feet to its left and crash through the roof of my house, right over where I was sitting. Seems as though that no matter how bad things get, they could always be worse. Cars can be fixed or replaced. We will take a financial hit from the three deductibles we'll have to pay, but money is just money.

October 31, 2012 6:51 pm  #623

A lucky escape. Glad you are all safe and sound.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Don't make people into heroes John. Heroes don't exist and if they did I wouldn't be one of them.

November 2, 2012 4:44 am  #624

Wow,  I've just read back  about three pages here...I  feel terrible for all you folks sufferring thru that mess we're calling Sandy. I cannot believe that it sacked  and flooded New York  and New Jersey. It was supposed to be a category 2  storm,  but when it made landfall,  it  only  got to number 1,  with 80-90 MPH winds, right?  I  can't figure out why it took a wrong direction, tho. (It went Northeast  when it shud have gone northwest)  THAT part was weird. Am I right on this?  I'm not sure.   But my news page  at CNN  said that.   

I'm glad you are safe, AG.   I  hope everyone else fairs well, too.  Being without power isn't fun,  I know.  I  had a bad windstorm three years ago  and was w/o  power for four days!!   Had to use a cooler and ice,  for my food.     

In my area it's been raining buckets off and on.  It  rained last night,  so I didn't get any trick or treaters.   That's ok,  I didn't have any candy left.  I ate it.   

I'm ordering more stamps and punches for my card making hobby...I want to make a very special christmas card this year.   I'll be able to post some cards I've made here,  soon.  If  anyone is interested.  In  2010 I  made one with punched out ornaments and thin ribbon.

Have a good night everyone.   Bye!!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

SHERLOCK!!!!!!

November 2, 2012 8:31 am  #625

We've had even more rain here too Skitty. Everywhere is saturated! My son's rugby match tomorrow is going to be a very muddy affair!!

I'm off to an after wedding party tonight. Some friends are having a quiet wedding today, having been together for 10 years, and are having a lovely celebration afterwards. I need to go and buy them a card but having read your last post Skitty I am considering making them one...I have stuff upstairs for card making.

Last year I made loads of conserves with the abundance of pears we had on our trees, along with blackberries and also sloe gin. This year...no pears...poor blackberries...and no sloes to speak of. Christmas presses will not be including them this year. 

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Don't make people into heroes John. Heroes don't exist and if they did I wouldn't be one of them.

November 5, 2012 2:38 am  #626

sherlockskitty wrote:

Wow,  I've just read back  about three pages here...I  feel terrible for all you folks sufferring thru that mess we're calling Sandy. I cannot believe that it sacked  and flooded New York  and New Jersey. It was supposed to be a category 2  storm,  but when it made landfall,  it  only  got to number 1,  with 80-90 MPH winds, right?  I  can't figure out why it took a wrong direction, tho. (It went Northeast  when it shud have gone northwest)  THAT part was weird. Am I right on this?  I'm not sure.   But my news page  at CNN  said that.

I'm not sure what the hell it did, but it caused the kind of damage that I never expected. It's usually the snow storms that worry me, this I thought would pass and we'd be okay. Boy, was I wrong, massive statewide power outages and damage. And, strangely enough you don't really realize how prevalent power is until you go out into the world for daily needs, like food and gas. Now we have gas rationing and half dark, no cold food items grocery stores. It's weird to grocery shop in the dark. I'm not really complaining, because I'm one of the fortunate few who was blessed with power during this ordeal. My prayers go out to those who are still in the dark, waiting for their power to be restored. And, my gratitude to those working round the clock to restore it.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
This is a cash and carry world. You pay as you go. Sometimes it's a little. Mostly it's a lot. Sometimes it's all you have.

November 11, 2012 2:35 am  #627

yeah,  my  gratitude goes out to the workers there too,  and  my prayers and thoughts are out for everyone affected by the storms.   What a horrid thing to go thru!!   I  used to live in North Carolina, the Charlotte area,  but I don't recall going thru anything as bad as Sandy.    I do recall the snowstorms. 

I just got a wireless mouse.   WOW!!!   had to get one,  cos my  other plug and play mouse---well,  it died.    HONEST!!  I don't know how,  either.   

Been a very  busy week  for me--   cleared out stuff and got rid of things I didn't want or need....and the weather's been COLD..it gets dark for me much earlier now---.......hopefully  next week will be quieter for me....

have a good day/evening  everyone--

Last edited by sherlockskitty (November 11, 2012 2:37 am)

SHERLOCK!!!!!!

November 11, 2012 5:13 am  #628

Where do you live now, if you don't mind my asking? My niece wants to move to the Carolinas, as the weather is nicer down that way than up north and the jobs are more plentiful.

A wireless mouse is cool. I've wanted an apple one for a while now, but they're so dang expensive. Cleaning out is always a good thing and I always feel so good after I do it, like I've really accomplished something and everything is neat and tidy. (At least, for a little while anyway And, I hate that it gets darker earlier now too. I get out of work and it's already practically dark out. And the cold? Not fun. 

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
This is a cash and carry world. You pay as you go. Sometimes it's a little. Mostly it's a lot. Sometimes it's all you have.

November 19, 2012 4:13 am  #629

harleyq wrote:

Where do you live now, if you don't mind my asking? My niece wants to move to the Carolinas, as the weather is nicer down that way than up north and the jobs are more plentiful.

A wireless mouse is cool. I've wanted an apple one for a while now, but they're so dang expensive. Cleaning out is always a good thing and I always feel so good after I do it, like I've really accomplished something and everything is neat and tidy. (At least, for a little while anyway And, I hate that it gets darker earlier now too. I get out of work and it's already practically dark out. And the cold? Not fun. 

I  live in California.    I get bad weather here too,  I've  even seen cyclones   when I've been  out driving.   But,  just  last week  I saw the most beautiful rainbow near my home.....No,  I  hate the cold,  as well as the heat.  And the rain.. You know what?  sometimes I like to sit by my window and just watch the rain falling.   It's soothing,  in a way.   ..and the big huge leaves that appear on my doorstep--yeah  the weather is weird...gets weirder.  for instance...  the leaves I'm seeing now are BIGGER than last year's!!   

My  wireless is Microsoft.   It's less than 20  dollars  at staples.   and it's RED  my  favorite color.   Now I  have to find a red keyboard...a red  tower,  a red monitor...need I say more?    I  like red.   I've got red stuff in my kitchen.

SHERLOCK!!!!!!

November 19, 2012 6:04 am  #630

The mouse is dead Skitty? I would question the cat...seems like the prime suspect to me.

November 19, 2012 6:17 pm  #631

sherlockskitty wrote:

harleyq wrote:

I  live in California.    I get bad weather here too,  I've  even seen cyclones   when I've been  out driving.   But,  just  last week  I saw the most beautiful rainbow near my home.....No,  I  hate the cold,  as well as the heat.  And the rain.. You know what?  sometimes I like to sit by my window and just watch the rain falling.   It's soothing,  in a way.   ..and the big huge leaves that appear on my doorstep--yeah  the weather is weird...gets weirder.  for instance...  the leaves I'm seeing now are BIGGER than last year's!!   

My  wireless is Microsoft.   It's less than 20  dollars  at staples.   and it's RED  my  favorite color.   Now I  have to find a red keyboard...a red  tower,  a red monitor...need I say more?    I  like red.   I've got red stuff in my kitchen.

That's so cool that you live in California. I often dream about moving to San Diego, the weather and the city were so beautiful when I visited.Though I suppose there's no escaping weird weather, no matter where you live.

I used to not really like the color red, but I've grown more fond of it as I've gotten older. And, it's a great color in the kitchen.

November 29, 2012 3:05 am  #632

Davina wrote:

The mouse is dead Skitty? I would question the cat...seems like the prime suspect to me.

Hmmmm...which cat?   There's two of them here.   

rain rain go AWAY!!!  I've been busy this last week....thanksgiving feast,   my  little bro  and his GF  came up--  I  hadn't seen  him  for over 10 years;  then  I  had too many appointmnts  and now this  horrid rain  is spoiling for a few words from me.    I'm gonna tell that sun that  he's sleepin' on the job  (lalalalalala)   

Oh  I found those scrabble cards at the store!!!    YAY!!!    Now I have something else to help me with my  anagram solving/making.   

I've got dishes in my sink that need washing.    Anyone wanna  tell me to do them?   scream,  holler,  whatever? 

where HAS the time gone?   

December 14th is over 2 weeks away!!!   I  can't wait!!!

SHERLOCK!!!!!!

December 27, 2012 10:59 am  #633

I've been sick (fever, flu, everything aching, bad cough) since Christmas Eve and the only thing that has kept me sane has been watching the original Star Trek series and Supernatural. Also checked a bunch of movies like SUPERMAN and 10 THINGS I HATE ABOUT YOU. The latter I saw for the first time and it was actually a pretty good movie, loved Heath Ledger and Gordon-Levitt in it. It made me want to buy and re-watch FREAKS & GEEKS. Too bad they've only released it in region 1.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
My blog: 3sidestoeverystory.tumblr.com

December 27, 2012 11:02 am  #634

Get better! 

Eventually everyone will support Johnlock.   Independent OSAJ Affiliate

... but there may be some new players now. It’s okay. The East Wind takes us all in the end.

December 27, 2012 5:19 pm  #635

Man, being sick sucks, hope you get better soon. Glad you have good viewing material to keep you sane, I know how crucial that is.

December 27, 2012 8:37 pm  #636

Oh DramaGod poor you. It's horrible being ill. I hope you get better soon. At least you got to watch some good films. I had a bad cold too, still do. I retreated to listen to radio stuff on I-player and to watch some things as well. Too many nasty germs floating about! 

Wishing you well! Sooooooon!

January 9, 2013 10:02 pm  #637

Toothache. Vamoosh!

January 9, 2013 11:01 pm  #638

Davina wrote:

Toothache. Vamoosh!

You still mucking around with that nasty wisdom tooth? I thought you were going to go get that sucker out of there. No?  Sorry to hear you're in pain.... it really sucks, doesn't it.

January 10, 2013 3:37 am  #639

Davina wrote:

Toothache. Vamoosh!

____________________________________________________________________________________________
Also, please note that sentences can also end in full stops. The exclamation mark can be overused.
Sherlock Holmes 28 March 13:08

Mycroft’s popularity doesn’t surprise me at all. He is, after all, incredibly beautiful, clever and well-dressed. And beautiful. Did I mention that?
--Mark Gatiss

"I know that you believe you understand what you think I said, but I’m not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant."
Robert McCloskey

January 10, 2013 1:18 pm  #640

Well...it seems to have taken the hint...a bit. Not so bad today. I haven't actually had to take any painkillers...yet!

Board footera