BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

October 9, 2012 11:39 am  #541

Re: Chit-chat

Note to self: always, always wear gloves from now on when lunging a horse. (Why do I think of these things after the damage is done? Looks at impressive rope burns on fingers...).

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Don't make people into heroes John. Heroes don't exist and if they did I wouldn't be one of them.

October 9, 2012 12:11 pm  #542

Davina wrote:

Note to self: always, always wear gloves from now on when lunging a horse. (Why do I think of these things after the damage is done? Looks at impressive rope burns on fingers...).

Mmmm. You must own a riding crop..... how very interesting....

October 9, 2012 12:52 pm  #543

Daughter does the riding. I do all the groundwork stuff and driving around. But riding crop...yeah might have a few lying about. How about a lunging whip?  Oh...just remembered Americans call it Longeing...or something like that.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Don't make people into heroes John. Heroes don't exist and if they did I wouldn't be one of them.

October 9, 2012 1:08 pm  #544

Davina wrote:

Daughter does the riding. I do all the groundwork stuff and driving around. But riding crop...yeah might have a few lying about. How about a lunging whip?  Oh...just remembered Americans call it Longeing...or something like that.

Longing-- pronounced LAWN-ging?  But I've only ever heard it called lunging.

October 9, 2012 1:30 pm  #545

James Rhodes twittered this link. It's hilarious. Ideal pastimes for a bored Sherlock:

http://phillucas.wordpress.com/2012/06/09/fdfdfdffdsfdsd/

------------------------------
"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

"It is what it is says love." (Erich Fried)

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

October 9, 2012 1:47 pm  #546

True.
Altho I confess, my 1st thought was:  who on Earth has time to be bored?!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://professorfangirl.tumblr.com/post/105838327464/heres-an-outtake-of-mark-gatiss-on-the

October 9, 2012 4:21 pm  #547

Hilarious list. Phil Jupitus is a local lad and a very funny chap. I now know what to do with my Hula Hoops. Sadly I have been to many a church/school fair (perhaps even the one Phil took his photo at) where the tombola has been at least, if not even more, boring. 

October 9, 2012 4:23 pm  #548

Yes, it was a sad sight, this tombola. But also very funny. 

------------------------------
"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

"It is what it is says love." (Erich Fried)

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

October 9, 2012 6:13 pm  #549

ancientsgate wrote:

Davina wrote:

Longing-- pronounced LAWN-ging?  But I've only ever heard it called lunging.

I've never heard of either one, although I can infer what they are.

October 9, 2012 6:17 pm  #550

SusiGo wrote:

James Rhodes twittered this link. It's hilarious. Ideal pastimes for a bored Sherlock:

http://phillucas.wordpress.com/2012/06/09/fdfdfdffdsfdsd/

Very funny.
What's a tombola?
Hula hoops are some kind of snack food?

Last edited by veecee (October 9, 2012 6:18 pm)

October 9, 2012 6:33 pm  #551

Tombola's a kind of raffle.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://professorfangirl.tumblr.com/post/105838327464/heres-an-outtake-of-mark-gatiss-on-the

October 9, 2012 7:30 pm  #552

Hula Hoops are a potato snack which you can also amuse yourself with by putting them on your fingers and then nibbling them off...not your fingers...the snacks. I loved the World War Two menu...hilarious!

October 9, 2012 7:32 pm  #553

I've decided that if I ever get myself drunk enough to propose, I'll do it with snacks like Hula Hoops.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
My blog: 3sidestoeverystory.tumblr.com

October 9, 2012 8:09 pm  #554

You could combine them with those Haribo ring sweeties.

October 9, 2012 8:14 pm  #555

You think if I mixed the 'Hoops with them Haribo sweeties that would make it an offer she couldn't say no to?

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

October 9, 2012 8:19 pm  #556

Hopefully. But if not, at least you'd have something to eat to console yourself!

October 9, 2012 8:26 pm  #557

I've even got the perfect moment of proposal planned: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HAAAmUKy67k

October 9, 2012 8:28 pm  #558

How romantic! Especially with all the screaming...

October 9, 2012 8:35 pm  #559

I know, right? So all I need now is the future ex-Mrs. Dramagod. Now there's a pickle.

October 9, 2012 8:45 pm  #560

Perhaps you could fight Mr. Spock for his Missus? Still waiting for an update...I like Spock and Jim's take on group weight-lifting but what I want to know is why is that Vulcan imitating Hedwig?

Waiting for the next episode of Lillehammer to start. Stevie Van Zandt is so funny in it.

Also for my bloody dog to stop raging at the fox in the garden. Wish we had wolves. She wouldn't be so keen then! Or at least, if she was, it wouldn't last as long!

Last edited by Davina (October 9, 2012 8:46 pm)

Board footera