BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

July 30, 2012 2:46 pm  #181

Re: Chit-chat

Don't say you'll be watching without your mouth wide open and your tongue hanging out! Lol

You might do better with an ice-cream.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Don't make people into heroes John. Heroes don't exist and if they did I wouldn't be one of them.

July 30, 2012 7:07 pm  #182

Sammy wrote:

Yeah well, the "jam jam" is pronounced like "yum yum"... it's just how a German would write it, haha.

Oh, I see. Cookie monster!
Yeah, well... moving on!

Today I re-discovered (or more like: my sister did and when spend the whole day referencing it) this video:

It's a sketch from the Catherine Tate show featuring David Tennant and it is still hilarious, hehehe.

Anybody ever watched this? Catherine Tate show? Ah, I used to love this. 

Thank you!  This was so funny, especially since when I first saw her show (only have seen a couple of episodes), I couldn't make out her catch phrase for the longest time. I thought she was saying "I'm above it." Now I know it was "I am-est above it." 

Some of you may know that Catherine is now on the American version of The Office.

July 30, 2012 7:11 pm  #183

KeepersPrice wrote:

Big excitement today.  I'm off to see the film version of Frankenstein plus a meet-up with Sherli Bakerst.  All this, plus a day off from work - it just doesn't get any better 

As it appears there was a popcorn discussion earlier on this thread, I have it on good authority that the theater where the film is being shown tonight has good popcorn with real butter.  Mmmmmm...crunch, crunch, chomp, chomp - and all other kinds of good noises while I watch Ben

Don't you mean yum-yum?

Oh, are you the first two forum members to meet up? How fun!

Which version of the play will you be seeing -- or both? I only saw one because I had missed the listing of the showing until the second day.  There's a Frankenstein thread on the forum for those who've seen it. Will be interested in your comment.

August 1, 2012 1:57 am  #184

veecee wrote:

keepersprice wrote:

Big excitement today.  I'm off to see the film version of Frankenstein plus a meet-up with Sherli Bakerst.

Are we the first two who've met in real life?  Really?!  I'd love to know if other people on this board have met each other.  Anyone???

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Life is either a daring adventure, or nothing.  -- Helen Keller

August 2, 2012 3:30 am  #185

=veecee  Excellent suggestion. Sometimes we get way off topic.

But fortunately, none of this is brain surgery, so if some of us miss the anatomical landmarks and drift off-topic, I hardly see the harm. ??? Just my take on that.  As one who likes to drift....

August 2, 2012 6:42 am  #186

That's what chit-chat is all about. The Boss (a.k.a. Sherlock Holmes)has met up with at least one other member at a fan meet-up before, haven't you Boss?

I'm off out in a bit. Laterz!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Don't make people into heroes John. Heroes don't exist and if they did I wouldn't be one of them.

August 5, 2012 12:31 am  #187

veecee wrote:

I couldn't make out her catch phrase for the longest time. I thought she was saying "I'm above it." Now I know it was "I am-est above it." 

Some of you may know that Catherine is now on the American version of The Office.

Oh, actually her catchphrase is "Am I bothered?" but pronounced like "Am I bovvered?". She always says this when she... kind of run out of arguments.
So she says "Amest I bovvered?" in some kind of fancy Shakespearan way (I guess?).
I actually had to look that up the first time I saw it... didn't know there were people who pronounced the "th" as "v" until then, haha.

Well... I know that SusiGo and her daughter have certainly met
But okay, I guess you mean like - met for the first time? 

August 5, 2012 1:11 am  #188

Well,  I've met other ppl from other fanboards--  that turned out to be a very lovely experience by all.  I  even met a person who lives in denmark!!   We'd been talking to each other on IM  for over 3 years.   

I'm  back!!!!   I  had a wonderful time in Las  Vegas.   Sure did a lot of walking.   On  the first day  I wore my  sneaker shoes.  2nd day I wore my flat sandals which was a BIG mistake!!  My  legs  and feet are still a bit sore. 

The first day  we went to the deafnation world expo convention. That was a LONG walk to just get from one end of the hotel, to the convention area!!  I  think I walked a mile.  sheesh!!    My  objective was to see about a cell phone that deaf ppl like me can use.   I  ordered  One!!   But  I'm  not sure about it.  I  haven't gotten it yet.  I shud get it in the next few days.  I  MIGHT  ask for help with it,  over in the tech help thread,  would that be ok?   

Ok--2nd day--we went  shopping at the M & M  and  coke stores, which were within walking distance of our hotel.  Oh---and that day  I wore my flat sandals.   BIG mistake!!   But it was so much fun!!  (I love shopping.  I  got coasters for my drinks.  I  needed those, you see.   I  also got a jigsaw puzzle.  I  love those.   We also went to a Claude Monet Art exhibit.   Ohhhh---the paintings,  which were on loan from Boston Museum of Fine Art,  were beautiful.  there were over 30 paintings to look at,  and the guide gave me a written transcript to follow the tour.  that was a plus.

we didn't have time to go swimming, but the weather there was hot and humid.  I  and mum  had our fans with us,  so that helped.  we went to dennys and shared   a hot fudge sundae.  Oh, we also went to see a circ du soleil show called MYSTERE.   Oh  that was funny  and poignant at the same time.   It started    out with a baby,  who  kept teasing us with her big giant ball.  then  it  showed  the performers doing  balancing acts  and of course the trapeze show--and it showed a giant snail, which was missing its home shell.  eventually the baby got her ball back,  and the snail got its shell back,  so  it ended happily ever after.   2 and a half hours.   we enjoyed it so much. 

well  that's all  I  have for now.   I've gotta go  watch some tv!!   bye now!!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

SHERLOCK!!!!!!

August 5, 2012 6:28 am  #189

Sammy...you should visit us here and you'd get a LOT of practise hearing the V for TH when people speak. Along with F instead of TH at the start of words such a 'i fink' instead of 'I think'.

Glad you had a great time Skitty, you needed it after being so poorly lately. The Cirque du Soliel is marvellous isn't it. My sister-in-law's niece used to be in it. They are all such fantastic gymnasts. We saw it some years ago in London- a Chinese themed story that time. The costuming and music are glorious too aren't they.

Welcome back.

August 5, 2012 7:38 am  #190

Sherli Bakerst wrote:

veecee wrote:

keepersprice wrote:

Big excitement today.  I'm off to see the film version of Frankenstein plus a meet-up with Sherli Bakerst.

Are we the first two who've met in real life?  Really?!  I'd love to know if other people on this board have met each other.  Anyone???

I have a strong feeling that I already met one of you.
The photo you have on your tumblr, SH, (the one with Sherlock on the pavement) is very much alike the one I took in front of Speedy’s on Friday, 13th of July. Just from a slightly different angle.
There were some twenty endearing (very young) Sherlock fans present, (apart from one guy surprisingly only girls!) many of them in lovingly made Sherlock characters disguise (you should have seen that Rich Brook girl!). They were gathering in front of Speedy's to start off their day program such as visiting the SH museum in Baker Street and some filming locations.
Due to other dates, unfortunately I didn't have time to take part. I'm sure they had a great time throughout that day (though it was raining a lot).

John: "Have you spoken to Mycroft, Molly, uh, anyone?"
Mrs Hudson: "They don’t matter. You do."

I BELIEVE IN SERIES 5!

August 5, 2012 7:44 pm  #191

yes--  circ du soleil  has fantastic gymnasts, don't they?  I  would not be surprised if I found out that some were from the olympics.   I  AM feeling so much better now.   Thanks all of you  for  your kindnesses!  tobe  i  like your new images

Last edited by sherlockskitty (August 5, 2012 7:46 pm)

SHERLOCK!!!!!!

August 6, 2012 7:08 pm  #192

Sammy wrote:

veecee wrote:

I couldn't make out her catch phrase for the longest time. I thought she was saying "I'm above it." Now I know it was "I am-est above it." 

Oh, actually her catchphrase is "Am I bothered?" but pronounced like "Am I bovvered?". She always says this when she... kind of run out of arguments.
So she says "Amest I bovvered?" in some kind of fancy Shakespearan way (I guess?).
I actually had to look that up the first time I saw it... didn't know there were people who pronounced the "th" as "v" until then, haha.

Well... I know that SusiGo and her daughter have certainly met
But okay, I guess you mean like - met for the first time? 

I got what her catch phrase was. I was making a joke. Or at least I was trying.

Ha, ha, yes, I meant for the first time.

August 6, 2012 8:52 pm  #193

veecee wrote:

Well... I know that SusiGo and her daughter have certainly met .

Did I miss something? 

------------------------------
"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

"It is what it is says love." (Erich Fried)

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

August 7, 2012 2:33 am  #194

I wish they would learn to caption these  yutube videos.  After all, we DO  have deaf ppl in this world, don't we?   Yeah  I saw this video a long time ago,  and I still didn't understand it.  But David Tennant with a 5 o'clock shadow?  That's the reason I love this video so much.   thanks for posting!!

SHERLOCK!!!!!!

August 12, 2012 6:19 am  #195

I've just spent the arvo in my back garden planting daffodil and iris bulbs and sweetpea seedlings. I've got more things to plant but have run out of potting mix, will have to get some more from the shops. I've scattered crushed egg shells around the plantings to keep the snails off, they won't crawl across the sharp edges of the shells. I can't wait for springtime, so over this cold weather.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
FREE PUSSY RIOT

I wish the real world would just stop hassling me - Rob Thomas

Did I mention that I have a Kindle?

#destroythejoint

August 12, 2012 6:35 am  #196

I'll have to mention that trick about the crushed egg shells to my mum.  she loves gardening.  you want to trade places?  I'll take your cold,  and you can have my heat.

SHERLOCK!!!!!!

August 13, 2012 1:00 am  #197

It's so funny to hear someone talk about cold weather when we have been sweltering here.
When I'm planting fall bulbs (I plant a lot!), I keep reminding myself that it will be worth it in the spring. It is, isn't it?
But, wait, aren't you going into spring there? We plant daffodils in the fall, not spring.

August 13, 2012 1:54 am  #198

I'm actually running a bit late with my bulb planting, so I hope they come up! Some hot weather would be wonderful. I've lived in Canberra for four winters now but still have not adjusted. I can't wait to move back to the coast, hopefully in the next year or so.

We say autumn here, fall is Sherlock does from rooftops.

Last edited by hepzibah (August 13, 2012 1:55 am)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
FREE PUSSY RIOT

I wish the real world would just stop hassling me - Rob Thomas

Did I mention that I have a Kindle?

#destroythejoint

August 13, 2012 5:00 pm  #199

it feels like the dog days of summer in my area.  It's supposed to be cooling down  in  four days.  It's still summer here.

SHERLOCK!!!!!!

August 13, 2012 6:54 pm  #200

Hep - Fal/autumn. Ha, ha. We also say autumn in the US, but I think fall is more common. It's useful for the crazy thing we do where we change the clocks by an hour every year: Spring forward and fall back.

Skitty - I think you are in the SW, but I'm not sure. I heard it was 116 in Arizona. At least Arizona doesn't have our humidity. We have been over 100 more than once this summer, which is unusual for us. As I mentioned, it has fnally rained and cooled down a bit. Hope it happens for you.

Board footera