BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

April 6, 2014 4:07 pm  #521

Re: Oh, so it's your birthday?

I wish you a wonderful day!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
He’s got a dog. We go to the pub on weekends. I’ve met his mum and dad …

… and his friends and all his family and I’ve no idea why I’m telling you this.

April 6, 2014 7:53 pm  #522

Oh, lovely, guys!
Such nice and wonderful and creative congrats - thank you!
I wasn't at home all day but went to my daughter's place where I spent nice and relaxing hours at a lake in the spring sun with ice cream and on a book flea market (bought Hamlet and Richard III. - wonder why...).
Got some wonderful and loving presents, too. And a cake. And a serenade via telephone from my son in Amsterdam.
Happy me...

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
John: "Have you spoken to Mycroft, Molly, uh, anyone?"
Mrs Hudson: "They don’t matter. You do."

I BELIEVE IN SERIES 5!

April 6, 2014 8:01 pm  #523

It's your birthday, tobe?
Nearly missed it. So ... many happy returns!!! ;-)

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Ten:" I'm burning up a sun just to say goodbye."

Sherlock: "I heard you.”

"Temptation coursing through our veins " 
(Tony Hadley)

April 7, 2014 11:04 am  #524

Happy birthday!! Glad you had such a fab day!

April 7, 2014 5:31 pm  #525

all the best, dear!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
..I've always assumed that love is a dangerous disadvantage. Thank you for the final proof...

April 7, 2014 5:40 pm  #526

Happy belated Birthday, Tobe! Hope it was a lovely day!! 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"Don't talk out loud, you lower the IQ of the whole street!"

"Oh Watson. Nothing made me... I made me"
"Luuuuurve Ginger Nuts"

Tumblr[/url] I [url=http://archiveofourown.org/users/This_is_The_Phantom_Lady/pseuds/This_is_The_Phantom_Lady]AO3
#IbelieveInSeries5

April 7, 2014 8:25 pm  #527

Thank you, guys!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I BELIEVE IN SERIES 5!

April 18, 2014 5:45 am  #528

Wheee!  Another year older around the sun.      (and the only palindromic one, too… cool!)  But the real reason I post is just wanting to tell other fans a neat slightly-birthday related Sherlock story, that not all of my other friends would appreciate the same way. 

Being a bit of an introvert, and a small town, sometimes it's hard to find neat/different things to do once in a while (and sure, some of it's also hearing about the stuff in the first place, or knowing people doing it).  So I was excited when one of the guys in my friend's regular group asked if any of us wanted to join to this ballroom dance thing the other night he was class-required to attend, just to make it funner.  Not that I'm any good at knowing how to move, but I figure why not, be nice to know how, and tell myself it can be my little birthday gift of something 'different' to myself. ;P

Heh… turns out I was the only one interested, so there I am with the guy and a bunch of other couples/practicing pairs, and proceed to learn how to waltz with him, do the very basic step to swing, and basic cha cha.    And after getting less self-conscious about dancing right with him, and even getting into (and him too, even swirling me around!), you can probably all guess where my happily-appreciative-fangirl thoughts led to, with thinking 'Sherlock would love this' and imagine dancing with him (hey, the guy was tall and lean and dark-haired)   

But that's my fun 'Sherlock'y story for the week, just thought would be neat to put here.  Any of the rest of you into dance steps?  Man, such an 'art form' at times, but hard!

We solve crimes, I blog about it, and he forgets his pants.  I wouldn't hold out too much hope!

Just this morning you were all tiny and small and made of clay!

I'm working my way up the greasy pole.  It's… very greasy.  And…  pole-shaped.

April 18, 2014 9:39 am  #529

Lovely, Russell! Don't say he even had curls!  And happy birthday to you! 

Eventually everyone will support Johnlock.   Independent OSAJ Affiliate

... but there may be some new players now. It’s okay. The East Wind takes us all in the end.

April 18, 2014 11:18 am  #530

Russell wrote:

Wheee! Another year older around the sun.

...or round and round the garden like a you-know-what.
Happy birthday, Russell!
Wishing you lots of pleasant waltzing for your new year of life. Turn the music on!

I BELIEVE IN SERIES 5!

April 18, 2014 11:38 am  #531

Russell wrote:

Wheee! Another year older around the sun. (and the only palindromic one, too… cool!) But the real reason I post is just wanting to tell other fans a neat slightly-birthday related Sherlock story, that not all of my other friends would appreciate the same way.

Being a bit of an introvert, and a small town, sometimes it's hard to find neat/different things to do once in a while (and sure, some of it's also hearing about the stuff in the first place, or knowing people doing it). So I was excited when one of the guys in my friend's regular group asked if any of us wanted to join to this ballroom dance thing the other night he was class-required to attend, just to make it funner. Not that I'm any good at knowing how to move, but I figure why not, be nice to know how, and tell myself it can be my little birthday gift of something 'different' to myself. ;P

Heh… turns out I was the only one interested, so there I am with the guy and a bunch of other couples/practicing pairs, and proceed to learn how to waltz with him, do the very basic step to swing, and basic cha cha. And after getting less self-conscious about dancing right with him, and even getting into (and him too, even swirling me around!), you can probably all guess where my happily-appreciative-fangirl thoughts led to, with thinking 'Sherlock would love this' and imagine dancing with him (hey, the guy was tall and lean and dark-haired)

But that's my fun 'Sherlock'y story for the week, just thought would be neat to put here. Any of the rest of you into dance steps? Man, such an 'art form' at times, but hard!

Oh heavens that's wonderful!!!   Happy Birthday you wild woman!

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Proud President and Founder of the OSAJ.  
Honorary German  
"Anyone who takes himself too seriously always runs the risk of looking ridiculous; anyone who can consistently laugh at himself does not".
 -Vaclav Havel 
"Life is full of wonder, Love is never wrong."   Melissa Ethridge

I ship it harder than Mrs. Hudson.

April 18, 2014 11:39 am  #532

That is a nice story, Russell. Dancing? Ha ha ha, remember the waltz with my hubby at our wedding. Glad we managed it somehow.
Many happy returns!!!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

(Tony Hadley)

April 18, 2014 1:20 pm  #533

Have a lovely birthday, Russell! What a nice story. I am no dancer myself but this sounds really good. 

------------------------------
"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

"It is what it is says love." (Erich Fried)

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

April 18, 2014 9:34 pm  #534

Ha, yes!      All of your comments made me smile or laugh.  Thank you!  (and the warm sun is back again, too!)

Harriet - no, no curls!   Kind of an odd, close-cropped cut, really.  Ah well.  The happy point was getting to try something like that, and especially with being included with a 'friend' you don't know all that well and do more things with others in the 'usual group'… sure you know how that goes.  And the waltz really was lovely!  Maybe not as a frequent thing, but definitely see the appreciation for the 'art form' of the dances.  Speaking of, 'Yes', Susi and gently!  You'd probably have fun trying it too!  Aw, 'managed it' like John and Mary? 
tonnaree - that made me 'snrk'.  Hardly, friend.  Hardly.  But I do try!  I almost want to go back again!  Ha!   Thank you!

We solve crimes, I blog about it, and he forgets his pants.  I wouldn't hold out too much hope!

Just this morning you were all tiny and small and made of clay!

I'm working my way up the greasy pole.  It's… very greasy.  And…  pole-shaped.

April 18, 2014 9:56 pm  #535

Happpy Birthday Russel! Hope it has been a great one!! Such a lovely story as well! 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"Don't talk out loud, you lower the IQ of the whole street!"

"Oh Watson. Nothing made me... I made me"
"Luuuuurve Ginger Nuts"

Tumblr[/url] I [url=http://archiveofourown.org/users/This_is_The_Phantom_Lady/pseuds/This_is_The_Phantom_Lady]AO3
#IbelieveInSeries5

April 20, 2014 1:00 pm  #536

Belated birthday wishes Russell!

May 6, 2014 7:05 am  #537

------------------------------
"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

"It is what it is says love." (Erich Fried)

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

May 6, 2014 7:13 am  #538

And he plays on other occasions for you as well, Schmiezi.

Happy birthday and have a lovely time today.

Last edited by gently69 (May 6, 2014 7:23 am)

(Tony Hadley)

May 6, 2014 7:21 am  #539

Thank you! How nice of you both to remind him of my birthday.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I still believe that love conquers all!

"Quick, man, if you love me."

May 6, 2014 7:30 am  #540

And I learnt it just now, and was about to send you my greetings in a very unique way - but, Happy Birthday! 

Eventually everyone will support Johnlock.   Independent OSAJ Affiliate

... but there may be some new players now. It’s okay. The East Wind takes us all in the end.

Board footera