BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

July 5, 2012 12:20 pm  #1

In Style magazine interview

There is an interview with Benedict in this month's issue of In Style magazine. I will nab myself a copy today, if I can, and will post anything interesting here.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Don't make people into heroes John. Heroes don't exist and if they did I wouldn't be one of them.

July 5, 2012 1:26 pm  #2

Re: In Style magazine interview

Just part of that article: here's a story that has been spun from that interview:
http://www.film-news.co.uk/show-news.asp?H=Benedict-Cumberbatch-is-conscientious-actor&nItemID=12783

Benedict Cumberbatch is conscientious actor

Benedict Cumberbatch thinks many actors don’t realise how easy it is to “burn bridges" .
The star has appeared in War Horse and Tinker Tailor Soldier Spy and will also be seen in the upcoming Star Trek movie.
Despite his success he strives to be professional on set and treat people well as he recognises how vital that is.
“I grew up surrounded by professional actors, so it stood me in good stead. I know what a sin it is to be late; I’m really hot on those sort of things,"  he told the latest edition of UK InStyle.
“It’s very easy to burn bridges and many actors don’t think it matters, but it does, because people end up saying, ‘Yeah, he’s great, but you don’t want to work with him because he’s a pain in the ass."
The 35-year-old star prides himself on testing his acting skills. He takes on diverse roles and plans to continue that for the rest of his career
“I like treating every job as the first time and to do that, I’ll vary the work, so I’ll be a knucklehead and run around with girls and guns and then I’ll slow it down and do something totally different,"  he said.

____________________________________________________________________________________________
Also, please note that sentences can also end in full stops. The exclamation mark can be overused.
Sherlock Holmes 28 March 13:08

Mycroft’s popularity doesn’t surprise me at all. He is, after all, incredibly beautiful, clever and well-dressed. And beautiful. Did I mention that?
--Mark Gatiss

"I know that you believe you understand what you think I said, but I’m not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant."
Robert McCloskey

July 5, 2012 1:34 pm  #3

Yes, Davina, get yourself one by all means. There's a very nice photo of Benedict in it. I won't be able to buy it over here, I saw it on http://smthngred.tumblr.com/ at the end of the page.

Last edited by SusiGo (July 5, 2012 1:34 pm)

------------------------------
"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

"It is what it is says love." (Erich Fried)

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

July 13, 2012 4:00 am  #4

hmmm  interesting  thx  for posting!!   I  get that Magazine at Barnes and Noble.   You've just given me a great excuse for going there.   Toodles!!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

SHERLOCK!!!!!!

July 18, 2012 2:19 pm  #5

http://benedictcumberbatch.co.uk/instyle-interview-august-20/79DF92142EF343E9971F.html

This is a nice article, don't think it tells us anything we don't already know (and how scary is that, are we stalkers or what!)

The photo, though cute, is very out of date. Couldn't they afford a newer one.

Last edited by hepzibah (July 18, 2012 2:22 pm)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
FREE PUSSY RIOT

I wish the real world would just stop hassling me - Rob Thomas

Did I mention that I have a Kindle?

#destroythejoint

July 18, 2012 5:16 pm  #6

That's why I didn't give any lengthy quotes from it in the end because it didn't really say anything new.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Don't make people into heroes John. Heroes don't exist and if they did I wouldn't be one of them.

July 21, 2012 6:17 pm  #7

I assume this is the UK version of InStyle,  I checked the US version and couldn't find it

July 21, 2012 6:56 pm  #8

UK version.

Board footera