BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

July 9, 2012 8:57 pm  #21

Re: Benedict Cumberbatch to Star in the Simpsons

So he's not going to be Sherlock, but it's still good to hear him on the show.

And it's good to know he was the one who came up with the idea of being in the show, so I'm sure he's a fan in addition to wanting to make varied roles.

"I said, 'I hate to muscle in here guys but could I record it?' Next thing, I'm standing in a room with all those famous voices; Bart, Marge, Homer, Lisa."

Last edited by Dramagod (July 9, 2012 8:58 pm)

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
My blog: 3sidestoeverystory.tumblr.com

July 10, 2012 2:41 am  #22

http://tvline.com/2012/07/09/benedict-cumberbatch-sherlock-simpsons-season-24/

Scoop: Sherlock's Benedict Cumberbatch Books Dual Guest Role on The Simpsons

Let’s hope this doesn’t mean Maggie’s binky is about to fall into the hands of Professor Moriarty!
Sherlock star Benedict Cumberbatch has booked a dual guest-starring role on The Simpsons‘ upcoming 24th season. Cumberbatch will play both the British Prime Minister and a snake-like character in an episode titled “Love Is A Many-Splintered Thing,"  TVLine has learned.

____________________________________________________________________________________________
Also, please note that sentences can also end in full stops. The exclamation mark can be overused.
Sherlock Holmes 28 March 13:08

Mycroft’s popularity doesn’t surprise me at all. He is, after all, incredibly beautiful, clever and well-dressed. And beautiful. Did I mention that?
--Mark Gatiss

"I know that you believe you understand what you think I said, but I’m not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant."
Robert McCloskey

July 10, 2012 6:42 am  #23

Public schoolboy Prime Minister works as does a touch of Slytherin.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Don't make people into heroes John. Heroes don't exist and if they did I wouldn't be one of them.

July 13, 2012 3:54 am  #24

I've never liked the simpsons,  but whenever a  favorite actor/actress  does a spking part,  I'll watch it.   Prime Minister?  Keep us posted on when it will air,  ok?   I  wonder what or whom  he'll look like?

Last edited by sherlockskitty (July 13, 2012 3:54 am)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

SHERLOCK!!!!!!

July 13, 2012 6:00 am  #25

He'll be yellow, that's for sure!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Don't make people into heroes John. Heroes don't exist and if they did I wouldn't be one of them.

July 27, 2012 2:57 pm  #26

KeepersPrice wrote:

Now, now folks - cut the poor boy some slack. He's doing what a really good actor should.  He's taking on lots of different roles in various mediums so as not to get stereotyped. The way Sherlock is filmed allows him to do this.  I haven't watched the Simpsons in a long time and it's been on so long it may be getting a bit tired - but when I did watch it I found it had really amusing social commentary.  It wouldn't have lasted this long if it didn't have some redeeming qualities.  And you know, Ben might have loved this show from his younger days and was thrilled to have the opportunity to work with these iconic characters - kind of like jumping at the chance to be an extra on the set of Sherlock would be for us. He's only human 

He's male. He's 35-ish. The Simpsons is absolutely aimed at his gender and age group, plus, as KP said, he probably loved it as a kid, grew up with it. Yes, I think it's stupid, too, but...  if you're male and under 35ish, you'd probably think it was high art. Plus for well-known actors, it's a badge of honor to be a guest on The Simpsons, rather like being guest host of Saturday Night live. Be still, my heart.... thinking about Ben as the host of SNL.... now THAT I'd watch!

And incidentally, apparently there is really good $$$ in doing voices for animated features these days. All the big stars are doing it. No need for hair and make-up, lots of fun, pretty easy money.

July 27, 2012 3:10 pm  #27

Well, I think it's time for an outing: I'm female, over 35, and I like the Simpsons! 
Not that I follow every season, but it's on TV here for years (or decades?) now and I stay with it every time it occures on screen.

"After all this time?" "Always."
Good bye, Lord Rickman of the Alan

July 27, 2012 3:42 pm  #28

Mattlocked wrote:

Well, I think it's time for an outing: I'm female, over 35, and I like the Simpsons! 
Not that I follow every season, but it's on TV here for years (or decades?) now and I stay with it every time it occures on screen.

Oh, sure. Of course it's possible to enjoy something that's not aimed at you. I do it all the time. I'm over 60 and female and virtually nothing on TV is officially aimed at me, but I still find lots of things to watch that I like.

My point was, The Simpsons ARE aimed at Ben, especially at Ben back in his youth, so he undoubtedly was wicked thrilled about getting to play a part in it.

July 27, 2012 3:44 pm  #29

Favourite Simpsons quote - "Every time something new goes into my brain, something old has to fall out" Homer Simpson. I know how he feels 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
FREE PUSSY RIOT

I wish the real world would just stop hassling me - Rob Thomas

Did I mention that I have a Kindle?

#destroythejoint

July 27, 2012 4:03 pm  #30

hepzibah wrote:

Favourite Simpsons quote - "Every time something new goes into my brain, something old has to fall out" Homer Simpson. I know how he feels 

Sounds like Sherlock, deleting unnecessary stuff from his "hard drive", his "mind palace", lololol.

If you like Johnlock, have you seen this story? It's all about something new [John] coming into Sherlock's brain, so something old [actually, lots of somethings old] had to fall out. http://archiveofourown.org/works/462570

July 27, 2012 5:05 pm  #31

ancientsgate wrote:

Mattlocked wrote:

Oh, sure. Of course it's possible to enjoy something that's not aimed at you. I do it all the time. I'm over 60 and female and virtually nothing on TV is officially aimed at me, but I still find lots of things to watch that I like.

My point was, The Simpsons ARE aimed at Ben, especially at Ben back in his youth, so he undoubtedly was wicked thrilled about getting to play a part in it.

I actually don't understand what you mean with "The Simpsons are aimed at Ben" ? Because of his age? 
Just looked it up: They started 1987 in USA, 1991 here in Germany; if it's similar in the UK he was 15, I was 23...
Not really a teenager, but didn't feel grown up, either (well, I don't feel today  )
BTW: hubby was 31 - and is still a Simpson fan.

July 27, 2012 5:27 pm  #32

When they have a target audience, some of us are in the outer rings whereas others are right in the bull.... 

July 27, 2012 8:21 pm  #33

MattlockedI actually don't understand what you mean with "The Simpsons are aimed at Ben" ? Because of his age?  Just looked it up: They started 1987 in USA, 1991 here in Germany; if it's similar in the UK he was 15, I was 23... Not really a teenager, but didn't feel grown up, either (well, I don't feel[b wrote:

today  [/b])
BTW: hubby was 31 - and is still a Simpson fan.

Each show on TV is produced with a certain audience in mind. The Simpsons is skewed to a male, younger audience. Men your husband and Benedict's age, and men like my sons, who are 29 and 38, were fans/watchers as kids, and many of them have continued to watch. Yes, the show has been on for a long while, and their original audience has grown up right with it.

My sons don't like it anymore. But they sure ate it up, back in the day, along with shows like Beavis and Butthead, remember them?

September 6, 2012 9:37 pm  #34

ah hahahah

I coulda told you making an anthology is hard work but I didnt wanna discourage you XD

it is worth all that hard work and difficulty tho so keep at it 

and yes... use the rage, rage is good XD

good luck

September 10, 2012 12:08 pm  #35

Further article about Benedict and the Simpsons. Apparently he is irresistible! Really?

www.digitalspy.co.uk/ustv/news/a404859/simpsons-exec-on-cumberbatch-role-hes-completely-irresistible.html

September 10, 2012 7:29 pm  #36

^ Haha

It's just a bit of fun, nothing big or serious so I say good for him. To say you've been a voice on The Simpsons is cool for a lot of people. I personally like The Simpsons but at the same time I rarely watch it. Will probably watch the ones his voice is in.

----------------------------------------------------------------
SH: "Brilliant, Anderson."
Anderson: "Really?"
SH: "Yes. Brilliant impression of an idiot."

September 10, 2012 9:16 pm  #37

Sam wrote:

^ Haha It's just a bit of fun, nothing big or serious so I say good for him. To say you've been a voice on The Simpsons is cool for a lot of people. I personally like The Simpsons but at the same time I rarely watch it. Will probably watch the ones his voice is in.

I'm in favor of anything that will get his name in front of more Americans-- can't wait for what happens around the upcoming Star Trek movie, for instance. The Simpsons, as far as I know, is just a bunch of silly fluff, but probably more Americans know more about the Simpson family than they know about their own, lol. I say, you go, Ben! I hope he had fun doing that.

Last edited by ancientsgate (September 10, 2012 9:16 pm)

January 28, 2013 12:07 pm  #38

Benedict's appearance in The Simpsons has been confirmed. He will be the voice of 'The Prime Minister' and Alan Rickman. The broadcast will be on February 10th 2013.

January 28, 2013 4:38 pm  #39

Yeah, found it yesterday on twitter! That is like CB and AR together! Heaven! ;-P
Just wonder if there is really a way to watch it - and NOT someday on German tv!

January 28, 2013 4:51 pm  #40

Mattlocked wrote:

Yeah, found it yesterday on twitter! That is like CB and AR together! Heaven! ;-P
Just wonder if there is really a way to watch it - and NOT someday on German tv!

I don't believe you'll find watching The Simpsons any kind of "heaven", but diff'rent strokes, I guess. *grin*  It's pretty juvenile. Actually, it's very juvenile. Been on TV for 23 years now, though, so someone disagrees with me, don't they. Anyway, go here http://www.fox.com/thesimpsons/full-episodes/2003523994/  and apparently the new episodes are put up online 8 days after their first airdate. 8 days isn't too long to wait, anyway. Not like the 6 months or more that we in the States will wait to see Sherlock, once it airs in the UK. D'oh!

Board footera