BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

July 4, 2012 8:38 pm  #1

We need a chatbox

Or at least I think it could be a nice thing.
I'm visiting another forum almost every day and when I'm logged in I can see a small chatbox on top of the page, where we simply say "Good morning all!" "Lousy weather here" or we 'meet' later in the evening, live, offer the others what's left from dinner, open a bottle of wine (or coke for Molly  ) and talk about thoughts, ideas, problems or what happened that day.
Just came to my mind, what do you think?

btw: on the bottom of that page I also can see who is currently online. Is it possible here, too?

"After all this time?" "Always."
Good bye, Lord Rickman of the Alan

July 4, 2012 8:51 pm  #2

Re: We need a chatbox

I think anyone can make a chat at centralchat.net just create a name with a hashtag like #sherlockstockandtwosmokingbarrels
It works. I just went to the site, wrote that hashtag thing and anyone could join in.

Just a suggestion if someone wants to chat in real time with other people from this site.. A shoutbox is a fine idea of course.

Last edited by Dramagod (July 4, 2012 8:54 pm)

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
My blog: 3sidestoeverystory.tumblr.com

July 4, 2012 9:13 pm  #3

I think it would be fun
I'll give a try to that site you say, Drama

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Waiting for a crazy man in a blue box to fall from the sky...

But the thing is, we've taken away all the things that can possibly have happened, so I suppose the only thing that's left, even though it seems really weird, must be the thing that did happen, in fact. (Miss Marple)

July 4, 2012 9:24 pm  #4

I have no idea what a chat box is! (But anything that involves coke is good for me!!)

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I was wondering if you'd like to have coffee...
Hmm. I really don't know. Oh, I'm sorry, did I say 'know'? I meant 'care'. I don't really care. 
Douglas Richardson, Cremona

July 4, 2012 9:30 pm  #5

Well, that thing Drama said works 
Molly, I'll get your Coke 

But the thing is, we've taken away all the things that can possibly have happened, so I suppose the only thing that's left, even though it seems really weird, must be the thing that did happen, in fact. (Miss Marple)

July 4, 2012 9:32 pm  #6

Mattlocked wrote:

btw: on the bottom of that page I also can see who is currently online. Is it possible here, too?

Yes, I think you can see who is online at this site by going to the overall Index and then scrolling near to the bottom left. It tells who is online and who the moderators are.

And I said "dangerous" and here you are.

You. It's always you. John Watson, you keep me right.

July 4, 2012 9:49 pm  #7

Thanks, KeepersPrice, you are right!

Good idea from Drama, but I think a box on this site would be just perfect.... ?

Good night, don't let the bed-bugs bite! (guess, a quote from which movie?) 

"After all this time?" "Always."
Good bye, Lord Rickman of the Alan

July 4, 2012 10:11 pm  #8

So if anybody wants to chat with me in real-time, go to that link I posted and let me know the name of the channel you've created.

Mattlocked, I didn't mean your chat box idea isn't good, I just gave another option if one wants to chat with other people here. I'm up for a chat box (or a shout box as I believe it's called on some boards). I don't know what movie the quote can be found in but I know my mother used to say that to me (in english) every night when I went to bed when I was like 5-years old.

Last edited by Dramagod (July 4, 2012 10:18 pm)

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

July 4, 2012 10:43 pm  #9

I think this could be fun, but I'm not exactly clear on the difference between the two or how either one works. Is it basically like instant messaging? This is my first and only forum, so I'm not familiar with all the possibilities.

July 4, 2012 10:52 pm  #10

It's basically like a chat room within the forum, but you don't have to go to another page, it just stays open on the main index, which is why they call it a box...a chat box.

Anyway, I'll have a little look into it. I have a chat box on my RP forum, it's quite cool, sometimes we go in there and have character parties.

Eventually everyone will support Johnlock.

Independent OSAJ Affiliate

July 4, 2012 10:53 pm  #11

Parties? Count me in, Boss.

July 4, 2012 10:56 pm  #12

Dramagod wrote:

Plus one

July 4, 2012 10:58 pm  #13

Irene Adler wrote:

Dramagod wrote:

Plus one

Haven't your parents taught you to ask nicely? "Drama, may I please be your plus one. I'll bake you a cake and give you a shoulder rub". Kids these days... no manners to speak of.

July 4, 2012 11:06 pm  #14

Dramagod wrote:

Irene Adler wrote:

Dramagod wrote:

Plus one

Haven't your parents taught you to ask nicely? "Drama, may I please be your plus one. I'll bake you a cake and give you a shoulder rub". Kids these days... no manners to speak of.

Sorry, my dear. The Whip Hand does not ask

She just does as she wants

July 4, 2012 11:10 pm  #15

Be careful, Dramagod. You could wake up hours later and find you'd missed the whole party.

July 4, 2012 11:13 pm  #16

Yeah, or beaten to death by the infamous Whip Hand.

July 5, 2012 12:10 am  #17

Yeah, and Lestrade will have filmed you on his phone.

Eventually everyone will support Johnlock.

Independent OSAJ Affiliate

July 5, 2012 12:15 am  #18

That bastard.

July 5, 2012 1:50 am  #19

Sherlock and Dramagod, I laughed so hard at this that my husband came in to see what was up. Caught on the forum again!

July 5, 2012 6:44 am  #20

Would you please be so nice and include me in case you are going to have a party? It would be much appreciated.

------------------------------
"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

"It is what it is says love." (Erich Fried)

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

Board footera