BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

July 4, 2012 8:18 pm  #1

I thought this was funny

Mods feel free to move this where you deem appropriate. I was unsure:

Alina �� @Gwack89
Pulverbatch is a small town in Shropshire @larapulver

larapulver @Gwack89 Brilliant!!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Disguise is always a self portrait

July 4, 2012 8:48 pm  #2

Re: I thought this was funny

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Don't make people into heroes John. Heroes don't exist and if they did I wouldn't be one of them.

July 4, 2012 9:11 pm  #3

Brilliant indeed

Waiting for a crazy man in a blue box to fall from the sky...

But the thing is, we've taken away all the things that can possibly have happened, so I suppose the only thing that's left, even though it seems really weird, must be the thing that did happen, in fact. (Miss Marple)

July 4, 2012 9:29 pm  #4

My grandma lives in Shropshire, I'll see if we can take a detour next time we visit!!

http://www.pulverbatch.org.uk/

I was wondering if you'd like to have coffee...
Hmm. I really don't know. Oh, I'm sorry, did I say 'know'? I meant 'care'. I don't really care. 
Douglas Richardson, Cremona

July 4, 2012 10:47 pm  #5

I didn't think this was for real till I went to Molly's link. Someone needs to photoshop in Benedict and Lara next to the sign. Or, better yet, get them to meet us there in person.

July 5, 2012 3:38 am  #6

Bwahaha that is awesome!

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I dislike being outnumbered. It makes for too much stupid in the room

July 5, 2012 6:38 pm  #7

Wish I could get the grass in my pastures to grow like that...

"Perfectly sound analysis. I was hoping you would go a little deeper."

July 5, 2012 8:40 pm  #8

I love it 

------------------------------
"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

"It is what it is says love." (Erich Fried)

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

July 5, 2012 10:59 pm  #9

That is brilliant! I now have to go there....

Eventually everyone will support Johnlock.

Independent OSAJ Affiliate

July 6, 2012 10:58 am  #10

Our town is growing by leaps and bounds apparently

Alyssia Hope Chapman  @alyssia_hope
@larapulver This building belongs in Pulverbatch... just to balance things out.

larapulver @alyssia_hope Brilliant! We're building our very own Sherlockville!!

Disguise is always a self portrait

July 6, 2012 2:11 pm  #11

Never! What a coincidence!

Don't make people into heroes John. Heroes don't exist and if they did I wouldn't be one of them.

July 6, 2012 2:13 pm  #12

What's this? Can I eat or shop there? Or, even better, just walk in and have chat with two attractive Englishmen?

------------------------------
"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

"It is what it is says love." (Erich Fried)

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

July 6, 2012 3:31 pm  #13

Haha, that's hilarious...where abouts is the Benedict and Martin building?

July 6, 2012 8:52 pm  #14

No way! How funny :D
Seriously, somebody should go there and pin pictures of the 'Batch and Lara Pulver at this sign...

July 6, 2012 11:28 pm  #15

Sherlock Holmes wrote:

Haha, that's hilarious...where abouts is the Benedict and Martin building?

Let's all meet there after we go to Pulverbatch. And St. Bart's of course.

July 10, 2012 8:52 pm  #16

Re the Pulverbatch sign, Lara Pulver tweeted "Now all we need is a wee neighbouring hamlet called Hamish"

July 11, 2012 4:47 am  #17

That Benedict and Martin  pic--  how did they do that?   These pics are really funny.   thx for sharing

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

SHERLOCK!!!!!!

July 12, 2012 8:32 am  #18

JaneCo wrote:

Re the Pulverbatch sign, Lara Pulver tweeted "Now all we need is a wee neighbouring hamlet called Hamish"

Awww Hamish. My skull is called Hamish, and on my Facebook RP profile Sherlock and John have a dog called Hamish. 

August 15, 2012 3:33 am  #19

Reading all the posts, comments, discussions on this forum is amazing. It proves what we have always suspected. People all see something different in the same thing.

Every time I watch an episode I see so much more in it. There are layers of meaning and layers of symbology. It's amazing how this series has captured so many people--the whole thing--acting, story, characters, elements embedded in the show that capture the mind and imagination of intellectuals.

It's nothing less than film as art.

Even people who just think it's a good movie enjoy it.

The actors in Sherlock are having real fun doing this series and it shows.

Board footera