BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

July 18, 2012 4:06 pm  #61

Re: A day in the life

Tony??

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I was wondering if you'd like to have coffee...
Hmm. I really don't know. Oh, I'm sorry, did I say 'know'? I meant 'care'. I don't really care. 
Douglas Richardson, Cremona

July 18, 2012 5:29 pm  #62

I was being mean. I knew you wouldn't understand the reference. Back in the 1950s and 1960s there was a very well-known British comedian called Tony Hancock. He was in a programme called Hancock's Half-Hour which was very popular. One of the classic episodes is called: The Blood Donor. Parts of it are a bit dated now but it is a comedy classic. It has June Whitfield in it too. She plays the grandmother in Absolutely Fabulous.

One of the lines that runs through the episode is Tony asking whether he gets a badge for giving blood. The other bit that is the classic line is where the doctor takes a pin prick to test from Tony's thumb and Tony thinks that is the blood donation. The doctor explains that it is just to test. Tony asks how much the doctor is going to want to take then. The doctor says a pint. To which Tony is horrified and says 'A pint! But that's very nearly an armful!'

www.youtube.com/watch?v=pC1-Mrlm3TU

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Don't make people into heroes John. Heroes don't exist and if they did I wouldn't be one of them.

July 18, 2012 9:46 pm  #63

Haha!

Awwww I think I'm gonna explode!!
I just got a puppy! Meeko the little CavaJack!!
He's downstairs right now and whining and crying! I could eat him he's so lovely!!!!

Hmm. I really don't know. Oh, I'm sorry, did I say 'know'? I meant 'care'. I don't really care. 

July 18, 2012 10:08 pm  #64

Ooo! How sweet! Expect a couple of disturbed nights at first but don't give in. Aww!

Don't make people into heroes John. Heroes don't exist and if they did I wouldn't be one of them.

July 18, 2012 11:58 pm  #65

Lucky person! I can't have any pets because my mother is allergic to basically everything 

July 19, 2012 6:50 am  #66

Miklo. I have never been able to give blood because of medication I take to keep my sanity, so congrats on your donation 

Molly, I hope your new doggy doesn't chew your shoes! My nephew got a puppy cocker spaniel recently and called her Meeko! What a coincidence! My sister-in-law calls her the grandpuppy (she is slighlty desperate for grandkids!)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
FREE PUSSY RIOT

I wish the real world would just stop hassling me - Rob Thomas

Did I mention that I have a Kindle?

#destroythejoint

July 19, 2012 7:03 pm  #67

I like it...grandpuppy. Aww! I'm off out in a minute to have a nice meal in a really old English pub (16th century) with some friends that I haven't seen for a while. I'm waiting to be picked up and they are late...so...I'm with my friends on here for a bit.

July 19, 2012 7:14 pm  #68

Molly, don't eat it!! Go and call for a Pizza instead! 

"After all this time?" "Always."
Good bye, Lord Rickman of the Alan

July 19, 2012 10:26 pm  #69

Mattlocked wrote:

Molly, don't eat it!! Go and call for a Pizza instead! 

You guys never let me do anything!!

July 20, 2012 1:31 am  #70

yes we do, molly!!   you can have the world, if you want it.  Here's a cookie  for you. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

SHERLOCK!!!!!!

July 20, 2012 1:59 pm  #71

Erm, thanks, SKitty!
Lovely cookie, that should keep me away from the puppy for a bit!!

July 20, 2012 4:33 pm  #72

Hot dog?

July 20, 2012 4:43 pm  #73

Just saw THE DARK KNIGHT RISES but don't feel like talking about it yet because of the incident. All I want to say is it was a brilliant film.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
My blog: 3sidestoeverystory.tumblr.com

July 21, 2012 9:48 pm  #74

OK, I was at my friends party today and we were in blockbusters. It was quite a hot day and I think I might have swallowed a bit too much chlorine at the swimming pool. I don't know if it was the heat or the long car journey but I had picked up a  very creepy looking DVD - You know that feeling where you know you shouldn't look at something... - Well, it had the most disgusting storyline and I suddenly felt extremely sick. And, to cut a long story short I ended up on the floor. Noy a black-out type of thing just a weak at the knees teenage thing. Scary.
Well, that's taught me to stay away from horrors! 

July 21, 2012 9:58 pm  #75

Maybe you should think over some of your friends again....     

"After all this time?" "Always."
Good bye, Lord Rickman of the Alan

July 21, 2012 11:29 pm  #76

ooohhh  poor molly!!   I  hope you're better  now.  Today  I  just  stayed home.   I  think I have a stone  inside me.  on my left side this time.   It's  not bothering me enough to go to the ER yet,  but....I  can feel something.   It  just comes and goes.   feels better when I'm sitting. AAAACCCKKK!!   yes  stay away from horrors, molly--I shall do the same.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

SHERLOCK!!!!!!

July 22, 2012 6:12 pm  #77

Just saw Norah Jones. Great singer, beautiful songs, a really cute girl, the weather was great, had my buddies with me and there were maybe 15000 people present. Twas a nice day.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
My blog: 3sidestoeverystory.tumblr.com

July 22, 2012 7:07 pm  #78

That sounds lovely DramaGod.

July 22, 2012 7:32 pm  #79

Finally did a nice 30 kilometre bike ride (that would be 18.75 miles) this afternoon with my husband after having had rain for weeks on end  .

------------------------------
"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

"It is what it is says love." (Erich Fried)

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

July 22, 2012 8:54 pm  #80

That sounds...saddle sore!

Board footera