BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

July 6, 2012 9:38 am  #41

Re: A day in the life

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
My blog: 3sidestoeverystory.tumblr.com

July 6, 2012 9:51 am  #42

My Friday's good because I'm writing in this forum instead of working. My son and daughter came home with excellent reports so there are no problems on this front. The weather could be better but it's dry at the moment. I'm thinking of ordering pizza for lunch as I can't cook due to my urgent posting in this forum. And next week my children will be on holiday so I can spend even more time here (in between watching all those films I always wanted to watch or haven't watched often enough and, er, working) 

------------------------------
"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

"It is what it is says love." (Erich Fried)

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

July 6, 2012 9:39 pm  #43

Zeugnistag!
So... school certificate today. Anyone else? Which of course means:HOLIDAYS! Hooray! I did it!
I've now got only on year left at school until I get my degree (Abitur)... exciting stuff.
And I'm pretty content with my marks..

July 6, 2012 9:51 pm  #44

Weekend.
I'm going to help my daughter and her boyfriend with the move.
That means: Packing boxes, running up and down the stairs (5th floor, no elevator/lift!), painting walls (not shoot them, obviously ), laying carpet, standing on ladder, drilling holes.
Won't probably be around here for the next two days.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
John: "Have you spoken to Mycroft, Molly, uh, anyone?"
Mrs Hudson: "They don’t matter. You do."

I BELIEVE IN SERIES 5!

July 6, 2012 10:06 pm  #45

Make sure to paint that smiley face on the walls, though!

July 7, 2012 6:45 am  #46

Sammy wrote:

Make sure to paint that smiley face on the walls, though!

Or "I believe in Sherlock"

--------------------------------------------------------------------
Sherlock: "I need to get some air, we're going out tonight."
John: "Actually, I've uh, got a date."
Sherlock: "What?"
John: "It's where two people who like each other go out and have fun."
Sherlock: "That's what I was suggesting."

July 7, 2012 11:12 am  #47

Sammy, your Abitur is what we would call A Levels here in the UK. A degree is what you would get at the end of university. Have a good Summer Holiday.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Don't make people into heroes John. Heroes don't exist and if they did I wouldn't be one of them.

July 7, 2012 1:02 pm  #48

Oh, yeah, you're right, Davina ;)
Urgh, it's so stupid and confusing with all the different school systems... I'm happy to at least know how ours works, haha :D.
Like... I never got the difference between college and university, if there is one!

July 7, 2012 4:36 pm  #49

In the US, a college is a school that only does undergraduate degrees. A university is a school that does graduate degrees (like PhDs, Masters, etc) and undergrad degrees.

What are A levels/Abitur? 

July 7, 2012 4:45 pm  #50

In Germany Abitur is the highest qualification you can get at school. We have different school forms offering different qualifications and you need the Abitur if you want to study at a university. You sit in for the exams after 12 years at school (formerly 13 years). I think in Austria the same thing is called Matura. Maybe the Brits among us can explain about A-levels.

"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

July 7, 2012 8:10 pm  #51

Yes that's weird the college/ University thing. Is I say college my kids say 'no you mean Uni'. They think of a college being somewhere with courses generally below degrees level. Then again Universities like Oxford and Cambridge ae made up of different colleges. All very confusing.

Don't make people into heroes John. Heroes don't exist and if they did I wouldn't be one of them.

July 12, 2012 1:13 am  #52

Every country seems to have different ways to explain the same thing.  Eton College,  in England,  is where Princes William and Harry went to school,  but  over there it's called a College,  boarding school for boys 13 to 18.  Here in America  that would be called  either  junior or High school, (depending on the grades they are in.)   or a prep/boarding school.  I get so confused.   Here in USA  a  2-year college (after high school)  is called a community college,  where you don't have to have really high marks to get into, and it's where you can earn  an Associate of Arts degree.   Then they have 4 year colleges,  and universities,  for which you have to have the right prep courses and take the SAT's,  in order to get into them. Their degrees are much higher and costlier.

A day in the life?

Last edited by sherlockskitty (July 12, 2012 1:13 am)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

SHERLOCK!!!!!!

July 16, 2012 2:45 pm  #53

I have a couple of performances ahead of me in the next couple of weeks. I'm going to play at my friend's wedding and my godson's christening. This is the setlist for both. The gear is a man and an acoustic guitar.

"Wonderwall" by Oasis
"God Only Knows" by Beach Boys
"Learn to Fly" by Foo Fighters
"Enjoy the Silence" by Depeche Mode

"You've Got a Friend" by James Taylor
"Corner of the Earth" by Jamiroquai

Those last two songs I sing by myself at the christening.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
My blog: 3sidestoeverystory.tumblr.com

July 16, 2012 4:50 pm  #54

That sounds very nice, Dramagod. Wish you all the best for your performances.

I'll go to a translator's meeting in Cologne to see some colleagues I haven't met for a long time. We'll go to a brewery with restaurant but as I'm going to drive there by car I'll have to cut back on the beer  .

July 17, 2012 5:09 pm  #55

Today, in one hour, I'll give blood. It'll be my second time and even if I'm really scared of needles, I like it for an unknown reason : ).

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Wanted! Schrödinger's cat. Dead and alive."

July 17, 2012 9:01 pm  #56

I went with my mother, it was her first time, everything was alright, but I didn't feel really well. I didn't faint, I was just dizzy. I hope it won't happen again next time : ).

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Wanted! Schrödinger's cat. Dead and alive."

July 17, 2012 9:09 pm  #57

You should feel very good about yourself, Milko, you may have just saved someones life!!!

I was wondering if you'd like to have coffee...
Hmm. I really don't know. Oh, I'm sorry, did I say 'know'? I meant 'care'. I don't really care. 
Douglas Richardson, Cremona

July 17, 2012 9:10 pm  #58

Did you get a badge?

July 17, 2012 9:26 pm  #59

I was wondering if you'd like to have coffee...
Hmm. I really don't know. Oh, I'm sorry, did I say 'know'? I meant 'care'. I don't really care. 
Douglas Richardson, Cremona

July 17, 2012 9:49 pm  #60

Tony would have loved it!

Board footera