BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

July 3, 2012 4:17 am  #21

Re: A day in the life

I've been looking for somewhere random to post this:
Sherlock's almost at 1895 posts, we should have a party! (A momentous occasion such as this surely merits an exclamation point or two.) 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Sherlock: "It's this or Cluedo."
John: "Ah, no. We are never playing that again."
Sherlock: "Why not?"
John: "Because it's not actually possible for the victim to have done it, Sherlock!"

July 3, 2012 6:14 am  #22

Molly Hooper wrote:

Put a website in the hands of chatty adults and it always turns to weather!!
*Taps foot and rolls eyes*

Especially English ones Molly. You know how much we like to talk about the weather...but then...we do get a lot here don't we.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Don't make people into heroes John. Heroes don't exist and if they did I wouldn't be one of them.

July 3, 2012 6:17 am  #23

Irene, is it NOT going to rain in London next week might be a better question. I will look on the forecast later in the week and let you know. Remind me though because I might forget!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Don't make people into heroes John. Heroes don't exist and if they did I wouldn't be one of them.

July 3, 2012 9:17 am  #24

Davina wrote:

Irene, is it NOT going to rain in London next week might be a better question. I will look on the forecast later in the week and let you know. Remind me though because I might forget!

Ok, I'll ask again by the weekend

Waiting for a crazy man in a blue box to fall from the sky...

But the thing is, we've taken away all the things that can possibly have happened, so I suppose the only thing that's left, even though it seems really weird, must be the thing that did happen, in fact. (Miss Marple)

July 3, 2012 4:33 pm  #25

http://www.bbc.co.uk/weather/2643743

OK, for England! I can't find one for Sunday, though.

I was wondering if you'd like to have coffee...
Hmm. I really don't know. Oh, I'm sorry, did I say 'know'? I meant 'care'. I don't really care. 
Douglas Richardson, Cremona

July 3, 2012 5:15 pm  #26

Oh - I didn't know until 15 minutes ago: I will be in London from Friday 13th till Sunday 15th of July. 
A friend of mine gave me a free ticket for the Queen&Adam Lambert concert in the Hammersmith Apollo on Saturday. Just booked my flight...So, anyone of you around in London that weekend for a cuppa at Speedy's?

John: "Have you spoken to Mycroft, Molly, uh, anyone?"
Mrs Hudson: "They don’t matter. You do."

I BELIEVE IN SERIES 5!

July 3, 2012 5:35 pm  #27

I wish you lots of fun  .

------------------------------
"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

"It is what it is says love." (Erich Fried)

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

July 3, 2012 5:52 pm  #28

Thanks, Susi!  I'd wish you all could come...

John: "Have you spoken to Mycroft, Molly, uh, anyone?"
Mrs Hudson: "They don’t matter. You do."

I BELIEVE IN SERIES 5!

July 3, 2012 5:54 pm  #29

We should have a Gate-Crash!

I was wondering if you'd like to have coffee...
Hmm. I really don't know. Oh, I'm sorry, did I say 'know'? I meant 'care'. I don't really care. 
Douglas Richardson, Cremona

July 3, 2012 5:56 pm  #30

I'm going to check the local nightlife this friday with a bunch of good friends. Need to check if there's some nice single girls on the loose. Now I just have to find my butterfly net.

Last edited by Dramagod (July 3, 2012 6:12 pm)

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
My blog: 3sidestoeverystory.tumblr.com

July 3, 2012 6:10 pm  #31

Molly Hooper wrote:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/weather/2643743

OK, for England! I can't find one for Sunday, though.

Many thanks, Molly. I'll keep checking it until next week is displayed

But the thing is, we've taken away all the things that can possibly have happened, so I suppose the only thing that's left, even though it seems really weird, must be the thing that did happen, in fact. (Miss Marple)

July 3, 2012 9:22 pm  #32

You haven't read The Collector have you Drama? Anyone?

July 3, 2012 9:25 pm  #33

Davina wrote:

You haven't read The Collector have you Drama? Anyone?

Nope, not me. Is it any good? Is it Dav approved?

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

July 4, 2012 10:27 pm  #34

Well, I'm using this thread because Drama said anything could be posted here...

I'm happy today because Spain has recovered a historic jewel that was stolen almost a year ago, the "Codex Calixtinus". It is an ancient book about the Way of Saint James (Camino de Santiago) with gorgeous poliphonic music, pieces of advice for the pilgrims, descriptions of the way and beautiful miniatures. It was written around the XIIth century and it is irreplaceable.

So, good day for our culture and historic heritage.

If anyone wants to know more about it, I found this article in Wikipedia in English

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Codex_Calixtinus

And here you have the news in The Guardian

http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/2012/jul/04/four-arrested-spain-codex-calixtinus

July 4, 2012 10:33 pm  #35

Irene Adler wrote:

And as my word is the law around here, you did the right thing posting it here. That sounds pretty cool what they found. I love it that these old historic books and paintings and whatever are being discovered before they're lost forever.

July 4, 2012 10:37 pm  #36

Dramagod wrote:

Irene Adler wrote:

And as my word is the law around here, you did the right thing posting it here. That sounds pretty cool what they found. I love it that these old historic books and paintings and whatever are being discovered before they're lost forever.

Yeah, we should detect your word as Gospel (Sherlock dixit)

It's not been discovered now... it was stolen from Santiago's Cathedral, where it was beeing kept, a year ago. They have just found the burglars and the Codex, fortunately intact

July 5, 2012 4:59 am  #37

Interesting articles Irene. What a beautiful manuscript.

July 5, 2012 7:17 am  #38

Davina wrote:

Interesting articles Irene. What a beautiful manuscript.

Thanks, Davina. It is beautiful indeed and really invaluable

July 6, 2012 3:17 am  #39

Well, as far as we can write about everything in this thread, I'm going to tell you about this day and my plans for the weekend .
Today is Friday and this makes me glad , I love weekends! Today after work I'll visit a friend of mine, she told me she had a bottle of champagne and I have bought fruits and there's going to be a jolly evening (that's a pity she isn't a Sherlock fan).
On weekend I'm going to go to the pool, a new one has been opened just recently, so I'd like to have a look. In the rest of the time I'll lie on the sofa with my notebook and certainly will hang on with your, Sherlock fan's .
What plans do you have for the weekend?

--------------------------------------------------------------------
Sherlock: "I need to get some air, we're going out tonight."
John: "Actually, I've uh, got a date."
Sherlock: "What?"
John: "It's where two people who like each other go out and have fun."
Sherlock: "That's what I was suggesting."

July 6, 2012 5:54 am  #40

We should be going out for a meal for my daughter's 18th birthday...I have just remembered I have forgotten to phone up and book the table at the restaurant! Eeek!

Board footera