BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

July 2, 2012 7:19 am  #1

The Sherlock Holmes Museum & virtual tour

At 221b Baker Street there is the Sherlock Holmes Museum. I have put a link to their website below. They also run Horse-drawn Hansom cab tours. Because some of you may never be able to get to London and visit the museum in person (never give up hope though) I have also put the link to their virtual tour, although this can be accessed directly from their homepage.

www.sherlock-holmes.co.uk/home.htm

www.sherlock-holmes.co.uk/video.html

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Don't make people into heroes John. Heroes don't exist and if they did I wouldn't be one of them.

July 2, 2012 8:50 am  #2

Re: The Sherlock Holmes Museum & virtual tour

This is on my list of must-see places in the UK. I hope I could visit next year. This one and St. Bart's. I am so jealouse of my friend because she's been to Bart's (her flat is on the same street) and she isn't even a big Sherlock fan.

July 2, 2012 2:50 pm  #3

Thank you for the link. I am determined to visit London sometime in the future (perhaps when I am old enough and can scrounge up the money,) and 221b Baker Street will be the first site on my list.

July 2, 2012 8:38 pm  #4

Davina, thanks for the link. I expect my next trip to London to be quite Sherlockian, so welcome any suggestions from anyone. Fortunately, my husband is very understanding.

Last edited by veecee (July 3, 2012 6:10 pm)

July 3, 2012 8:10 am  #5

List of Sherlock related places in London:

221B Baker Street (obviously)
Speedy's (North Gower Street)
The Sherlock Holmes Pub (Northumberland Street)
Trafalgar Square (scene from TBB in front of National Gallery)
The Southbank (lots of scenes shot here including the skatepark from TBB and the dead body on beach from TGG)
St Bart's Hospital

You can also visit the Diogones Club or at least where the exterior shot was filmed from TRF but I really can't remember the name of the street it's on right now...There are loads of other Sherlockian places you can visit that are more canon and not to do with the series exactly, such as the Criterion where John and Mike went for coffee.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Eventually everyone will support Johnlock.

Independent OSAJ Affiliate

July 3, 2012 6:11 pm  #6

Sherlock Holmes wrote:

List of Sherlock related places in London:

221B Baker Street (obviously)
Speedy's (North Gower Street)
The Sherlock Holmes Pub (Northumberland Street)
Trafalgar Square (scene from TBB in front of National Gallery)
The Southbank (lots of scenes shot here including the skatepark from TBB and the dead body on beach from TGG)
St Bart's Hospital

You can also visit the Diogones Club or at least where the exterior shot was filmed from TRF but I really can't remember the name of the street it's on right now...There are loads of other Sherlockian places you can visit that are more canon and not to do with the series exactly, such as the Criterion where John and Mike went for coffee.

Thank you!

Board footera