BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

July 4, 2012 5:32 am  #41

Re: What would you say if you met your favorite Sherlock actor?

Irene, it is ALWAYS better NOT to suck when swimming. Maybe that is why you have problems with it.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Don't make people into heroes John. Heroes don't exist and if they did I wouldn't be one of them.

July 4, 2012 7:30 am  #42

Davina wrote:

Irene, it is ALWAYS better NOT to suck when swimming. Maybe that is why you have problems with it.

That may be the problem, yes.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Waiting for a crazy man in a blue box to fall from the sky...

But the thing is, we've taken away all the things that can possibly have happened, so I suppose the only thing that's left, even though it seems really weird, must be the thing that did happen, in fact. (Miss Marple)

July 6, 2012 9:14 pm  #43

Um, I guess I would, like... faint?
No, seriously, I guess I would be so nervous that I couldn't get one single word out. In the best case I might blurt out something German! Haha.

I can see how some of you would play the "motherly" card. That's actually quite an advantage, I guess. If Benedict would see me he would probably think: "Oh no, another annoying teeny fangirl" Sooo...
Is it weird that I would love to be famous just so that he might also be interested in my person and not just the other way round? Haha.

I've met musicians I adored at that time before. It was an autograph session and there was actually enough time and space for... I don't know, anything. The only thing I accomplished was saying "thank you thank you thank you" over and over and shake their hands.

If I knew I was going to meet Benedict or Martin or someone similiar I guess I would write myself some lines and rehearse them!

July 30, 2012 1:02 am  #44

At last, I have finally decided on the perfect approach I would take should I ever meet up with one of my favorite actors from the show; i.e. Ben or Martin. 

I'd whip out the paper and pen I would always have handy and ask them to please sign an autograph for me and could they please write "To the only woman I have ever loved"

The I would smile fetchingly and gush, "I'll never wash this paper again!" 

And I said "dangerous" and here you are.

You. It's always you. John Watson, you keep me right.

July 30, 2012 10:45 am  #45

Ok, so here is what I would do if I ever encountered Benedict:
>I'd approach him if he didn't look too busy
>smile politely, introduce myself and explain my adoration for him, followed by a request for an autograph
>while he signs my autograph, I pull an expression of sheer horror and fear on my face
>followed by shrieking and shouting, "VATICAN CAMEOS!"
>then I'd duck down quickly in a vulnerable position
>at that point, I'd watch and see if he falls for it...

...at least he'll remember me, right?!?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

July 30, 2012 10:55 am  #46

He won't go forgetting that in a hurry! 

I was wondering if you'd like to have coffee...
Hmm. I really don't know. Oh, I'm sorry, did I say 'know'? I meant 'care'. I don't really care. 
Douglas Richardson, Cremona

July 30, 2012 10:56 am  #47

If you had the words: Vatican Cameos written on the piece of paper you ask him to sign then he is almost certainly bound to say...'Vatican Cameos?' and then you could duck down.

Don't make people into heroes John. Heroes don't exist and if they did I wouldn't be one of them.

July 30, 2012 10:58 am  #48

Ah! That would be brilliant!!

I was wondering if you'd like to have coffee...
Hmm. I really don't know. Oh, I'm sorry, did I say 'know'? I meant 'care'. I don't really care. 
Douglas Richardson, Cremona

July 30, 2012 11:03 am  #49

Davina wrote:

If you had the words: Vatican Cameos written on the piece of paper you ask him to sign then he is almost certainly bound to say...'Vatican Cameos?' and then you could duck down.

Holy crap, YES. Five internets for you. *clap clap clap*

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

July 30, 2012 2:58 pm  #50

Sammy wrote "Is it weird that I would love to be famous just so that he might also be interested in my person and not just the other way round? Haha."

An absolutely adorable bit from the BBC 6 Music radio program that Martin and Amanda hosted was when Amanda was teasing Martin about how fanboy Martin was about wishing that he could meet his musician idols like Paul McCartney and Stevie Wonder.  He was afraid he would come across as creepy.   

The link is in the Martin Freeman section of this forum.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
It was worth a wound–it was worth many wounds–to know the depth of loyalty and love which lay behind that cold mask. The clear, hard eyes were dimmed for a moment, and the firm lips were shaking. For the one and only time I caught a glimpse of a great heart as well as of a great brain. All my years of humble but single-minded service culminated in that moment of revelation.

July 30, 2012 5:43 pm  #51

AreYouTrying, what a gorgeous signature, LOL 

------------------------------
"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

"It is what it is says love." (Erich Fried)

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

July 30, 2012 6:41 pm  #52

Davina wrote:

OK, now are we all going to go around with "Vatican Cameos" on scrap of paper just in case? It couldn't hurt.

July 30, 2012 6:46 pm  #53

No problem, there must be some little space between all those just-in-case-"I believe in Sherlock Holmes"- and  "Moriarty was real"- post-it notes. 

Last edited by Mattlocked (July 30, 2012 6:47 pm)

"After all this time?" "Always."
Good bye, Lord Rickman of the Alan

July 31, 2012 2:24 am  #54

I would probably opt to not speak to Ben or Martin. Leave them in peace. I'd stare, though, and if I caught their eye, I'd say hello, I admire your work a lot. Nice to meet you! I've met a few famous folks over the years, and they're just people. If you talk to them as you would anyone, and don't go on and on more than 30 seconds, and for the love of God, don't ask them for anything, they'll be polite back and give you a nice memory.

July 31, 2012 5:45 am  #55

veecee wrote:

Davina wrote:

OK, now are we all going to go around with "Vatican Cameos" on scrap of paper just in case? It couldn't hurt.

Absolutely.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Sherlock: "It's this or Cluedo."
John: "Ah, no. We are never playing that again."
Sherlock: "Why not?"
John: "Because it's not actually possible for the victim to have done it, Sherlock!"

July 31, 2012 7:16 am  #56

ancientsgate wrote:

I would probably opt to not speak to Ben or Martin. Leave them in peace. I'd stare, though, and if I caught their eye, I'd say hello, I admire your work a lot. Nice to meet you! I've met a few famous folks over the years, and they're just people. If you talk to them as you would anyone, and don't go on and on more than 30 seconds, and for the love of God, don't ask them for anything, they'll be polite back and give you a nice memory.

Well, usually I don't talk to anyone in a cafe or so, especially not saying "Hello, I admire your work..."   
But I got your point. Trying to stay nice and polite and don't ask for autograph when they are just in the middle of dinner! 

July 31, 2012 9:00 am  #57

Mattlocked wrote:

[Well, usually I don't talk to anyone in a cafe or so, especially not saying "Hello, I admire your work..."     But I got your point. Trying to stay nice and polite and don't ask for autograph when they are just in the middle of dinner! 

Naturally you'd say what would sound right to you. The I admire your work is this old lady speaking. I could say I'd like to have you right here on this cafe table until you beg for mercy, twice. Twice. But I think I admire your work might go over a bit better. *runs away laughing*

July 31, 2012 9:58 am  #58

ancientsgate wrote:

Mattlocked wrote:

[Well, usually I don't talk to anyone in a cafe or so, especially not saying "Hello, I admire your work..."     But I got your point. Trying to stay nice and polite and don't ask for autograph when they are just in the middle of dinner! 

Naturally you'd say what would sound right to you. The I admire your work is this old lady speaking. I could say I'd like to have you right here on this cafe table until you beg for mercy, twice. Twice. But I think I admire your work might go over a bit better. *runs away laughing*

Hm.... This I have to think over for a while, really!!

August 4, 2012 3:20 am  #59

I'm back on this link because I just found out the craziest most amazing thing!  I'm actually closer to having a chance to meet Ben than I would have thought possible when I left the house this morning.  Well, actually the chances of meeting him are still basically slim to none - but I do have a chance to talk with someone who knows him quite well!

Here's the situation.  My husband teaches music at a private school in Massachusetts.  We're good friends with  fellow music teacher, Chris Walter.  Chris is from Britain and his niece is Natalie Walter.  Natalie is a pretty British actress who used to date David Tennant.  She and David and Ben all know each other well and often hung out together.  In fact, when David Tennant recently married, Natalie sat with Ben at the wedding.  My husband learned all this talking with Chris today when he mentioned that we might go to London in March because I'm Sherlock obsessed.

Here's the weird part.  I met Natalie in 2006 when she was in Boston with a touring company of "As You Like It" .  Chris and his wife had tickets but couldn't go see it for some reason. He asked us to take the tickets and bring his two kids with us so they could see their cousin afterwards.  So we waited and she came out and the kids talked and I don't remember one blessed thing about her or the conversation.  How could I know that 4 years later I'd be obsessed with one of her friends and the show he's in???? Drat! *tearing hair out right now*

Anyway, Chris said something about having Natalie send me something (stupid husband didn't get the details so I'll have to call Chris tomorrow myself and find out what he meant. Men! Don't they realize the importance of these things! ) But my main hope will be meeting up with her in London in March for tea if she's free.  I better start practicing my lines right now in case she brings Ben with her 

And I said "dangerous" and here you are.

You. It's always you. John Watson, you keep me right.

August 4, 2012 4:25 am  #60

KeepersPrice wrote:

I'm back on this link because I just found out the craziest most amazing thing!  I'm actually closer to having a chance to meet Ben than I would have thought possible when I left the house this morning.  Well, actually the chances of meeting him are still basically slim to none - but I do have a chance to talk with someone who knows him quite well!

*is envious, is very very very envious*  Good to dream about, even if Ben never gets inside your line of sight. But hey, you know what? Miracles happen every day. Just please, dear god, if you do meet him, think of something more original than my "I admire your work" to say to him, okay?  lolol

Board footera