BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

February 8, 2012 1:22 pm  #1

Does anybody have a coat like Sherlock's?

A pretty cool coat eh?? I have a long coat with a collar which I try to pretend is like Sherlock's but it's not that much like it really...it still makes me feel like Sherlock when I'm walking around though - especially when I turn the collar up...hehehe

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Eventually everyone will support Johnlock.

Independent OSAJ Affiliate

April 10, 2012 2:47 pm  #2

Re: Does anybody have a coat like Sherlock's?

I have a kind-of one. It’s got a big collar which is always going up. And it’s medium in length. (I wanted it as long as it could be without looking silly!) It's called my Sherlock coat and i used to have a blue scarf, some kid stole it! =/ So i have to get a new one!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
DI Lestrade: Sherlock we...
Sherlock Holmes: Oh what now? I'm in shock! Look, I've got a blanket.

April 10, 2012 4:07 pm  #3

My grey dufflecoat remotely resembles THE coat. I wear it with a blue Kashmir scarf and a Baker Street badge pinned to the collar. Fortunately the weather here allows me to do so...but for how long?

John: "Have you spoken to Mycroft, Molly, uh, anyone?"
Mrs Hudson: "They don’t matter. You do."

I BELIEVE IN SERIES 5!

April 10, 2012 4:15 pm  #4

I've been scouring EVERYWHERE for A Sherlock badge - I collect badges. You got it from the internet, I bet. If not where did you get it?   

And our weather is pretty unpredictable. It may be snowy in the north but in the south there’s a draught so it’s pretty mad but I would wear the scarf anyway, with pride! 

- Y.S.H

April 10, 2012 4:35 pm  #5

The badge is just an ordinary tourist's badge I brought from London:

I BELIEVE IN SERIES 5!

April 10, 2012 4:49 pm  #6

I’m going too get one. My dad hates London. So I’ve never really been. Just passed it the odd time!

April 10, 2012 6:10 pm  #7

Blue scarf has got to be next on the shopping list...and black leather gloves!

April 10, 2012 6:51 pm  #8

I have black leather gloves, well my mum does... Next Halloween party I'm going to die my hair black and be Sherlock! Ha! =) I have the coat, shoes, gloves, I have curly hair. It’s just medium - not as short. But I just need a scarf! -.-

April 10, 2012 9:23 pm  #9

I don't have a Sherlock coat because they are made by Belstaff and cost more than £1,000. I'm not sure if they are still making them. Also it's a man's coat. When Irene had to wear Sherlock's in Scandal they had to take it in so it wouldn't look ridiculous.

Don't make people into heroes John. Heroes don't exist and if they did I wouldn't be one of them.

April 10, 2012 9:36 pm  #10

I am a girl and found a "look a like" =) though I would just buy a boys/man's and get my mum to take it in! =) =) =)

- Y.S.H

April 10, 2012 9:43 pm  #11

I have a black long coat with what we here call a "chimney collar" (don't know if that's correct in English) and it looks a bit like Sherlock's. Though it's for woman, of course. I think real Irene would have liked it.
I also own a long blue scarf, pretty similar to Sherlock's scarf, and two couples of leather gloves (brown and black). By the way, I've been wearing my scarves the Sherlock way since I was a child.
The funny thing is I bought all that stuff long before I even knew about the show...

Waiting for a crazy man in a blue box to fall from the sky...

But the thing is, we've taken away all the things that can possibly have happened, so I suppose the only thing that's left, even though it seems really weird, must be the thing that did happen, in fact. (Miss Marple)

April 10, 2012 9:50 pm  #12

I forgot, I also have a blue silk dressing gown... 

Waiting for a crazy man in a blue box to fall from the sky...

But the thing is, we've taken away all the things that can possibly have happened, so I suppose the only thing that's left, even though it seems really weird, must be the thing that did happen, in fact. (Miss Marple)

April 10, 2012 9:58 pm  #13

ha ha that's cool! You can find female equivalents if you look around. I'm getting a new scarf now, I need it! then I'll have the complete look! =)

- Y.S.H

October 22, 2012 12:41 pm  #14

So, I bought one of those Sherlock replica coats off the internet - the ones where they custom make it to your size. I love it so much!!

October 22, 2012 12:55 pm  #15

Oh, that coat looks a bit gorgeous! May the temperatures fall soon...

I BELIEVE IN SERIES 5!

October 22, 2012 4:23 pm  #16

Oh, got a second one?  lol
Still no pic with you inside of it....  That pic I know already. BORING!

"After all this time?" "Always."
Good bye, Lord Rickman of the Alan

October 22, 2012 6:05 pm  #17

Boss, very jealous here. Can't tell it if has the red buttonhole. If not, I am a good seamstress and can do it for you. Just send me the coat. And I'll  return it to you, really.

Last edited by veecee (October 22, 2012 6:05 pm)

October 22, 2012 6:09 pm  #18

Hehe

"After all this time?" "Always."
Good bye, Lord Rickman of the Alan

October 22, 2012 6:34 pm  #19

Very fetching, Boss. I'm sure you'll look great in it. 

------------------------------
"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

"It is what it is says love." (Erich Fried)

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

October 22, 2012 9:13 pm  #20

Excellent.

Hmm must get meself a John one now .

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
We solve crimes, I blog about it and he forgets his pants, so I wouldn’t hold out too much hope. (Scandal in Belgravia)

I asked you for one more miracle. I asked you to stop being dead..........I heard you.(The Empty Hearse)

Board footera