BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

June 29, 2012 2:57 pm  #1

And another Hi! from Germany

Hello to all members,
I'm a 43-year-old Sherlocked and it happend when watching the (undubbed) version on DVD some weeks ago.
In Germany the series is not SO well known - other members from Germany may agree; one reason may be the thin promotion before it was shown and also WHEN it was shown - f.e. on a holiday, when lot of people were not at home.
Anyway, we found it and love it, even more when listening to the original voices.
I checked a lot online meanwhile and feel a bit like a teenager again here and there. 

Sometimes it's hard to follow interviews and discussions 'cause there are no subtitles, but I don't stop trying. With more or less effort - as you can maybe see in my way of spelling, too. 

As you already could read from other German fans, it is not so easy to find many kindred spirits in the "neighbourhood" - and that's why I'm here. 

I hope I will manage to survey and understand all this here in a while....

"After all this time?" "Always."
Good bye, Lord Rickman of the Alan

June 29, 2012 3:27 pm  #2

Re: And another Hi! from Germany

Hi Mattlocked,
a very warm welcome to you!   
I would like to propose that we now start being your new "neighbourhood" in all things Sherlock.
Many of us are old enough to know better - nothing wrong with feeling like a teenie about Sherlock - we all do (at least sometimes!)
Enjoy...

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
John: "Have you spoken to Mycroft, Molly, uh, anyone?"
Mrs Hudson: "They don’t matter. You do."

I BELIEVE IN SERIES 5!

June 29, 2012 3:38 pm  #3

Hello Mattlocked, how great to have you with us, says another German victim of Sherlockitis. And, yes, watching the original version did it for me as well. Have been a hopeless case ever since . Take your time and have a look at all the wonderful things in here. And thanks, Tobe, for telling me it's okay to feel like teenie sometimes. I was getting afraid of myself .

Last edited by SusiGo (June 29, 2012 3:39 pm)

------------------------------
"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

"It is what it is says love." (Erich Fried)

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

June 29, 2012 5:36 pm  #4

Welcome! Have fun. Lot's to see, do and learn here.

I wish I had as good a command of German as you do of English. And no matter what Holmes says, I've never met a German who was discourteous to his verbs...

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"Perfectly sound analysis. I was hoping you would go a little deeper."

June 29, 2012 5:42 pm  #5

Hi Mattlocked and welcome,

I thought you must be from Derbyshire (Matlock) until I thought a bit harder 

June 29, 2012 5:56 pm  #6

Jane, it's just because the postman brought an "I AM SHERLOCKED" keyring today, and my husband suggested to buy me a ".... MATTLOCKED" one - his name is Matthias.
So take it as a tribute to him.    (He has a lot to suffer these days...... but hey, it's all his fault, HE found Sherlock!)

June 29, 2012 6:38 pm  #7

Willkommen Mattlocked! I hope you have a lot of fun here on the good ship Sherlock. Veil Spass!

Don't make people into heroes John. Heroes don't exist and if they did I wouldn't be one of them.

June 29, 2012 6:43 pm  #8

Welcome, Matlock. Do you know that was a name of a TV show here in the US? It was about and oldish lawyer who ended up doing a lot of detective work to help his clients. I'm afraid he was more popular with retirees than with teenagers, though. Good thing our Sherlock appeals across the boards. Anyway, hope you have lots of fun here.

June 29, 2012 6:44 pm  #9

veecee wrote:

Welcome, Matlock. Do you know that was a name of a TV show here in the US? It was about and oldish lawyer who ended up doing a lot of detective work to help his clients. I'm afraid he was more popular with retirees than with teenagers, though. Good thing our Sherlock appeals across the boards. Anyway, hope you have lots of fun here.

(whistling the "Andy Griffith" theme right now...)

June 29, 2012 8:22 pm  #10

Salutations & greetings from afar

Please overlook Tanty's odd whistling behaviour, we try & keep him in line.

____________________________________________________________________________________________
Also, please note that sentences can also end in full stops. The exclamation mark can be overused.
Sherlock Holmes 28 March 13:08

Mycroft’s popularity doesn’t surprise me at all. He is, after all, incredibly beautiful, clever and well-dressed. And beautiful. Did I mention that?
--Mark Gatiss

"I know that you believe you understand what you think I said, but I’m not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant."
Robert McCloskey

June 29, 2012 8:25 pm  #11

Now that definitely deserved at least one exclamation mark!!

I was wondering if you'd like to have coffee...
Hmm. I really don't know. Oh, I'm sorry, did I say 'know'? I meant 'care'. I don't really care. 
Douglas Richardson, Cremona

June 29, 2012 8:28 pm  #12

Molly Hooper wrote:

Now that definitely deserved at least one exclamation mark!!

tut tut Molly, Hardly an exclamation moment.

____________________________________________________________________________________________
Also, please note that sentences can also end in full stops. The exclamation mark can be overused.
Sherlock Holmes 28 March 13:08

Mycroft’s popularity doesn’t surprise me at all. He is, after all, incredibly beautiful, clever and well-dressed. And beautiful. Did I mention that?
--Mark Gatiss

"I know that you believe you understand what you think I said, but I’m not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant."
Robert McCloskey

June 29, 2012 10:10 pm  #13

veecee wrote:

Yes, I know Matlock, we had the TV show here, too. I looked into it - from time to time. Thought then it was........ BORING! 

June 30, 2012 12:12 am  #14

Hi Mattlocked!
Schön, dass du den Weg in unser behagliches Forum gefunden hast!

July 1, 2012 11:37 am  #15

Hallo Mattlocked!

Willkommen!

Bin selbst noch ziemlich neu in diesem Forum - aber sofort süchtig danach geworden  !

I guess, slowly but surely the German speaking members get the majority of this forum, hehe  ...

Sometimes I also have problems with following the discussions (or writing down my thoughts in an understandable English), but I've noticed too that my English has already improved (or at least I have the impression of it - anyway it's great fun being part of the sherlocked community. I hope you'll enjoy it too)!

July 1, 2012 11:46 am  #16

Aber Uebung macht den Meister!

Don't make people into heroes John. Heroes don't exist and if they did I wouldn't be one of them.

July 2, 2012 3:43 am  #17

Davina wrote:

Aber Uebung macht den Meister!

Bless you. Need a tissue?

July 2, 2012 5:01 am  #18

Cheeky!

July 2, 2012 9:01 am  #19

Und was macht die Meisterin?

July 2, 2012 8:38 pm  #20

Wilkommen!  (I think that's right)

Eventually everyone will support Johnlock.

Independent OSAJ Affiliate

Board footera