BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

June 29, 2012 7:53 pm  #21

Re: now I am stunned - it's not Sherlock on the trolley?

Tantalus wrote:

Note to self: British word for "stretcher" is, apparently, "trolley". I won't show my ignorance by revealing how many of the posts on this thread I had to read before I realised Sherlock hadn't hopped on a streetcar somewhere...

*giggles@tanty*
Well we call it a stretcher but then trolley is easy for us to translate to what is meant; certainly not what you are referring to which is a Tram .

This one is all just a "shit happens when you're making films" moment.

____________________________________________________________________________________________
Also, please note that sentences can also end in full stops. The exclamation mark can be overused.
Sherlock Holmes 28 March 13:08

Mycroft’s popularity doesn’t surprise me at all. He is, after all, incredibly beautiful, clever and well-dressed. And beautiful. Did I mention that?
--Mark Gatiss

"I know that you believe you understand what you think I said, but I’m not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant."
Robert McCloskey

June 29, 2012 8:14 pm  #22

Tantalus wrote:

Note to self: British word for "stretcher" is, apparently, "trolley". I won't show my ignorance by revealing how many of the posts on this thread I had to read before I realised Sherlock hadn't hopped on a streetcar somewhere...

And don't forget "gurney" 

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
And I said "dangerous" and here you are.

You. It's always you. John Watson, you keep me right.

June 29, 2012 8:34 pm  #23

Well we do use the word stretcher as well. A trolley would be a stretcher on wheels. However people will often just say stretcher whether or not it had the wheeled trolley or was just carried.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Don't make people into heroes John. Heroes don't exist and if they did I wouldn't be one of them.

June 30, 2012 5:52 am  #24

I enjoy the British English in Sherlock very much - and had a good laugh imagining loading a patient on a trolley down under, which, really, couldn't be done 

June 30, 2012 3:12 pm  #25

Oh  I don't know why I called it a trolley!!   But  I live over here,  and we call them gurneys or stretchers,  so  I should have called it that.  this is what happens when I'm too tired.   

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

SHERLOCK!!!!!!

July 26, 2012 5:33 pm  #26

Oh no, no, I just don't think they would actually put Benedict onto the trolley, all covered with blood, then suddenly stop filming and do the 'rolling the trolley into the hospital' scene later, when Benedict, for some mystical reason, has no time. And even if they did, guys, we are talking abot Sherlock, they even split the end of season one and the beginning of season two when they filmed, they did the season 2 part the next day and everything looked the same! Don't you think they'd be a bit more careful about that? They would at least let the double spread his arms the way Benedict did. Or paint his face red.
Moffat and Gatiss /want/ us to watch closely and since this is not THE most important clue that suddenly makes everything obvious it isn't like... unfair to make this visible only if you watch the episode in slow-mo . Including 'exclusive' clues only the people who really observe and not just see discover would, in my opinion, be exactly the thing they'd do.
This also proves that Sherlock does not do a body swap with Moriarty's corpse or whatever people say, since we see Benedict/Sherlock lying on the floor, so if anyone would go like 'Ahaha, obvious, body swap blabla' they could be all 'Ehehehe MOFFTISS'D, you obviously saw but did not observe.'
My English is getting awfully messy now, so I'll stop.
I think this is a clue! :'D

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

My Tumblr (:
Own Sherlock Fan Forum

-

Board footera