BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

July 22, 2012 9:03 pm  #21

Re: now I'm thinking Sherlock did NOT know he was going to jump!

We know Sherlock plays chess. So a move he decides to make is to lure his opposing king onto the roof-as it were. He always tries to be several steps ahead of an opponent like Moriarty (witness The Great Game) so presumably his 'hanging around' in St. Barts is not just wasting time. He never 'wastes time' especially against an adversary of Moriarty's  calibre. I think he suspects the code may not actually exist. However he needs to convince Moriarty that he believes in the code and has been fooled. If he did not believe in the code then Moriarty would know that he had got ahead of him in the game.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Don't make people into heroes John. Heroes don't exist and if they did I wouldn't be one of them.

July 22, 2012 11:40 pm  #22

Yes, I just thought there might be more, bearing in mind that Mycroft also (apparently) believes there is a keycode. I have thought for a while that a lot of what Sherlock does on the roof is to lull Moriarty into a false sense of superiority. Look at how Sherlock's expression changes when Moriarty can't see him (but we can, so for our benefit really). Remember also how Moriarty mocks him for believing in the existence of the code, 'Ordinary Sherlock'. I totally agree, I was just looking for a bit more justification and threw an idea out there.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

October 7, 2012 12:14 pm  #23

I think he did believe in the key code and apparently so do Mycroft, John etc...this also has to be tied up, next time!
How long is that 1st episode gonna be?
Much to pack into 90 mins!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://professorfangirl.tumblr.com/post/105838327464/heres-an-outtake-of-mark-gatiss-on-the

Board footera