BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

June 27, 2012 6:31 pm  #1

Hello

Hi everybody!
I've been spending lots of time here, so figured it is time to stop lurking and register. You have a lovely forum.
I am mostly a lurker by nature though, so please do not mind me if I am silent at times.
I've lived in the US for a very ling time, though I grew up in Russia; thus the grammar might suffer occasionally.
Discovered "Sherlock" just recently, on a friend's recommendation, and am quite in love with the show. It is a clinic on brilliant writing and acting.
Looking forward to being here
Cheers!

Last edited by deerstalker (June 27, 2012 8:56 pm)

June 27, 2012 6:46 pm  #2

Re: Hello

Hello Deerstalker, fine to have you with us. Make yourself comfortable  .

------------------------------
"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

"It is what it is says love." (Erich Fried)

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

June 27, 2012 7:04 pm  #3

Hello and welcome Deerstalker (or should that be Ear-hat or Death Frisbee?) I hope you have fun here!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Don't make people into heroes John. Heroes don't exist and if they did I wouldn't be one of them.

June 27, 2012 7:06 pm  #4

Welcome. Mao! Mao!

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
My blog: 3sidestoeverystory.tumblr.com

June 27, 2012 7:49 pm  #5

Welcome. Take off your hat and stay a while.

June 27, 2012 8:56 pm  #6

Dramagod wrote:

Welcome. Mao! Mao!

Mao? Mao?
I am afraid I am just a hat and my power of deduction are limited.
Perhaps:
- Mao ( "Mao Zedong, also transliterated as Mao Tse-tung, and commonly referred to as Chairman Mao (December 26, 1893 – September 9, 1976), was a Chinese Communist revolutionary" (c, Wiki)).
... or is it LMAO? 

BTW, I loved the Rache/Rachel reverse twist of the original in ASiP. I tremendously admire Moffat/Gatiss brains... There's so much there.

Thank you very much for your greetings, everybody.

June 27, 2012 9:03 pm  #7

deerstalker wrote:

Dramagod wrote:

Welcome. Mao! Mao!

Mao? Mao?
Perhaps:
- Mao ( "Mao Zedong, also transliterated as Mao Tse-tung, and commonly referred to as Chairman Mao (December 26, 1893 – September 9, 1976), was a Chinese Communist revolutionary" (c, Wiki)).
... or is it LMAO? 

BTW, I loved the Rache/Rachel reverse twist of the original in ASiP. I tremendously admire Moffat/Gatiss brains... There's so much there.

It seems I should've said "Mow! Mow!" I think. Anyways, your username reminded me of this great movie and I was refering to this scene in particular. Sorry I made it more confusing I meant to. Just so you know, I don't use memic internet abbreviations like "lmao" or "brb". That's one of my quirks.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lqakCa-MysE

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
My blog: 3sidestoeverystory.tumblr.com

June 27, 2012 9:20 pm  #8

Dramagod wrote:

deerstalker wrote:

Dramagod wrote:

Welcome. Mao! Mao!

Mao? Mao?
Perhaps:
... or is it LMAO? 

It seems I should've said "Mow! Mow!" I think. Anyways, your username reminded me of this great movie and I was refering to this scene in particular. Sorry I made it more confusing I meant to. Just so you know, I don't use memic internet abbreviations like "lmao" or "brb". That's one of my quirks.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lqakCa-MysE

Thank you!
I would not have gotten the reference as it's been years since I last watched "The Deer Hunter". Nonetheless, I think it is one of the greatest movies ever made; though almost too painful to contemplate.

I do not mind abbreviations myself, but am too old to be deeply attached to them; I'll try to avoid them here.

Last edited by deerstalker (June 27, 2012 9:21 pm)

June 27, 2012 9:45 pm  #9

Hi deerstalker So nice that you could join us! Enjoy!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Disguise is always a self portrait

June 27, 2012 10:10 pm  #10

Thank you!

June 27, 2012 11:05 pm  #11

hi  deerstalker!!!    meow!!  I'm the local kitty.  It's so nice to have you (as a hat)  here.  I  hope you have fun with us here.  welcome to our world of sherlockinesses.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

SHERLOCK!!!!!!

June 27, 2012 11:46 pm  #12

*waves* Hi Deerstalker. Can I call you Death Frisbee for short? ;)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
John: "Fantastic."
Sherlock: "Meretricious."
Lestrade: "And happy new year."

"Oh, but we both know that's not quite true"

June 27, 2012 11:55 pm  #13

Welcome, Deerstalker.  I really like your user name!  I'm sure you'll have fun here.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Life is either a daring adventure, or nothing.  -- Helen Keller

June 28, 2012 4:49 am  #14

BrightBlueEyes wrote:

*waves* Hi Deerstalker. Can I call you Death Frisbee for short? ;)

Bummer,  I should have been a Death Frisbee...Yes, please, any time.

Thanks again for greetings, BrightBlueEyes, Sentimental Pulse, Sherlockskitty, Sherli Bakerst

June 28, 2012 10:09 am  #15

Hey there Deerstalker...great choice of name...!

Don't know who mentioned the Deerhunter but love that movie, lol...!

Eventually everyone will support Johnlock.

Independent OSAJ Affiliate

June 29, 2012 6:01 pm  #16

Welcome to the forum! And don't think for one second that you can hide from the crowds in that silly-looking hat; it will come back to haunt you...

"Perfectly sound analysis. I was hoping you would go a little deeper."

Board footera