BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

June 29, 2012 9:07 pm  #21

Re: On Top of the World (Down Under)

Yes.It desiccates (dries) them quite nicely & they hop away & keel over somewhere out of sight, lol.
We have a wide variety of methods to exterminate them, but best I don't go into too many of them.

____________________________________________________________________________________________
Also, please note that sentences can also end in full stops. The exclamation mark can be overused.
Sherlock Holmes 28 March 13:08

Mycroft’s popularity doesn’t surprise me at all. He is, after all, incredibly beautiful, clever and well-dressed. And beautiful. Did I mention that?
--Mark Gatiss

"I know that you believe you understand what you think I said, but I’m not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant."
Robert McCloskey

June 30, 2012 12:09 am  #22

Welcome, Doctor! Aw, that's great to have someone you can call "The Doctor" :D

@kazza: Alright, I keep that in mind in case I'll need it some day...?

Since we're having the Australian talk right now... do you chaps really say "G'day" all the time?

June 30, 2012 2:46 am  #23

We do indeed! It's probably used more by men than women, but we also say "hello" and "hi" just as often. Also, when someone says "Thank you" the usual response is "No worries" or even "No wucking furries" (only between consenting adults!)

As for cane toads, they are hideous creatures (the amphibians, not the Queenslanders LOL) and poisonous to native animals. In fact, if a crocodile eats one, it will kill it. My brothers used to play cane toad golf when they were kids. Oh, those were the days!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
FREE PUSSY RIOT

I wish the real world would just stop hassling me - Rob Thomas

Did I mention that I have a Kindle?

#destroythejoint

June 30, 2012 5:54 am  #24

thanks for the congrats on the avatar - it shows Watson's shadow in Sherlock's silhouette in front of the Union Jack!

June 30, 2012 3:07 pm  #25

very clever!!   I  love it!!  ok....can I have my 9th life back?  can you fix it for me, doctor?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

SHERLOCK!!!!!!

June 30, 2012 5:04 pm  #26

Kitty, I hate to tell you this but...as you are a kitty...you need a vet not a doctor dear.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Don't make people into heroes John. Heroes don't exist and if they did I wouldn't be one of them.

July 2, 2012 3:59 am  #27

Davina wrote:

Kitty, I hate to tell you this but...as you are a kitty...you need a vet not a doctor dear.

Well, that gives an altogether-different meaning to the word "fix"...

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"Perfectly sound analysis. I was hoping you would go a little deeper."

July 2, 2012 4:17 am  #28

kazza474 wrote:

Similarly, South Aussies are Crow Eaters
West Aussies are Sand Gropers.
Queenslanders are also Banana Benders
Tasmanians - Tree Huggers or Apple eaters

oh dear.

Wow I had no idea that any resident of NSW or QLD had not heard the Cochroaches/Cane Toad thing. Must not follow League then huh?

Don't forget, Kazza, that anyone south of the NSW border is a Mexican (ie Victorians and Tasmanians, though mostly Victorians). That may be a NSW thing though!

And yes we do say G'Day - to each other. I think most of us avoid saying it to tourists or when overseas except as a joke!

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I dislike being outnumbered. It makes for too much stupid in the room

July 2, 2012 8:59 am  #29

Davina wrote:

.. ah, you'd be astounished what sort of creatures I am capable of looking after!

July 3, 2012 1:16 am  #30

Welcome to the forum = ).

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Wanted! Schrödinger's cat. Dead and alive."

Board footera