BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

November 4, 2015 5:17 pm  #1361

Re: Sherlock Anagrams

Your anagram, Yitzock, got stuck. Can you please give us a hint what we are looking for?
A quote? A location? A character? A prop?
Thank you.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
John: "Have you spoken to Mycroft, Molly, uh, anyone?"
Mrs Hudson: "They don’t matter. You do."

I BELIEVE IN SERIES 5!

November 4, 2015 6:34 pm  #1362

A hint, you say? A hint?
Very well...(I'm being tongue-in-cheek in case you didn't realize it)

It's a quote, said by one character to another. It is from A Scandal in Belgravia.

Last edited by Yitzock (November 4, 2015 6:35 pm)

Clueing for looks.

November 8, 2015 7:39 am  #1363

Though I absolutely didn't get your hint hint (my second name is Anderson) I believe it's

DO YOU MIND IF I GET THAT

(It's always difficult to deal with anagrams consisting of boring letters.)

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I BELIEVE IN SERIES 5!

November 8, 2015 8:43 pm  #1364

Sorry, I was trying to give a hint that would tell you that it was a quote but trying not to give too much away.

But yes, that is the correct answer!

Clueing for looks.

November 9, 2015 4:47 am  #1365

We haven't had a location in a while.
So  - welcome to

MINGLE THE GEM, PIRATE FRIEND

(There's already some kind of hint in it.)
Enjoy the stay!

I BELIEVE IN SERIES 5!

November 18, 2015 11:33 pm  #1366

FREE ENGLAND - MIRTH TIME, PEGI!

Eventually everyone will support Johnlock.   Independent OSAJ Affiliate

... but there may be some new players now. It’s okay. The East Wind takes us all in the end.

November 19, 2015 4:57 am  #1367

Not exactly as jolly a place, Harriet - but a praiseworthy attempt!

I BELIEVE IN SERIES 5!

November 19, 2015 9:32 am  #1368

FEAR-MELTING MEETING PIER
DH   (aka The other one)

... but there may be some new players now. It’s okay. The East Wind takes us all in the end.

November 19, 2015 8:37 pm  #1369

INFINITE PHLEGM: GREET DREAM!

November 20, 2015 1:25 am  #1370

What a dream that would be, Harriet!

Clueing for looks.

November 20, 2015 5:10 am  #1371

Such interesting locations - much better than the wanted!
I love versatile solutions.
Just keep on!

I BELIEVE IN SERIES 5!

November 20, 2015 8:10 pm  #1372

RED PANT - MEE, I'M FEELING RIGHT!

November 20, 2015 8:30 pm  #1373

THE GREAT GRIMPEN MINEFIELD

-----------------------------------

I cannot live without brainwork. What else is there to live for? Stand at the window there. Was there ever such a dreary, dismal, unprofitable world? See how the yellow fog swirls down the street and drifts across the dun-coloured houses. What could be more hopelessly prosaic and material? What is the use of having powers, Doctor, when one has no field upon which to exert them?

November 20, 2015 9:55 pm  #1374

Oh, we had that one already, not that long ago ...

November 20, 2015 10:02 pm  #1375

Repetition is the mother of wisdom, or so they say... 

I cannot live without brainwork. What else is there to live for? Stand at the window there. Was there ever such a dreary, dismal, unprofitable world? See how the yellow fog swirls down the street and drifts across the dun-coloured houses. What could be more hopelessly prosaic and material? What is the use of having powers, Doctor, when one has no field upon which to exert them?

November 20, 2015 10:11 pm  #1376

Now wait for confirmation and get a new one running 

November 21, 2015 7:37 am  #1377

...and here's the confirmation: You're right, nakahara - congrats!
Take over the baton!

btw: I never care if we've already had an anagram. - and I'll stand by that. I choose whatever springs to my mind.

I BELIEVE IN SERIES 5!

November 21, 2015 8:29 pm  #1378

tobeornot221b wrote:

btw: I never care if we've already had an anagram. - and I'll stand by that. I choose whatever springs to my mind.

It´s OK, no harm was done. 

Here´s the new one - the name of a character.

ALL ON DAVY SON

November 21, 2015 8:33 pm  #1379

SALLY DONOVAN - nice one! 

November 21, 2015 8:53 pm  #1380

Harriet strikes - Harriet wins! 

It´s Donovan, of course. 

Board footera