BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

June 26, 2012 10:13 pm  #1

Hi! Anyone from Quebec (i.e., Montreal)?

Hello there,

I'm just wondering if anyone is from Quebec.
I know a few people here in person who watched and like Sherlock, but aren't enthusiastic in a way they join online forum.
I've been watching Sherlock in french lately and hey, Watson is really well dubbed I find. Sherlock isn't bad either.
Has anyone checked other languages too? It's fun and horrifying.

I hope to hear some fan-girling from Quebec!

xoxo

Last edited by senazora (June 26, 2012 10:15 pm)

June 26, 2012 10:48 pm  #2

Re: Hi! Anyone from Quebec (i.e., Montreal)?

Welcome, Senazora.  I'm not from Quebec but when I lived in Vermont, I visited Montreal regularly; it's a beautiful city.  And I've only watched Sherlock in English.  I hope you find some fellow fans near you.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Life is either a daring adventure, or nothing.  -- Helen Keller

June 26, 2012 11:39 pm  #3

Bienvenue, Senazora. You've come to the right place. We are all fous de Sherlock.

Now there are three of us with the moon avatar. Sherlockskitty says it's cuz we're over the moon for Sherlock.

June 27, 2012 12:06 am  #4

Hey ! Welcome = ).
I'm from Québec too, fan-girling around Montréal. People in Québec are not really enthusiastic about Sherlock : (, well maybe they will discover its wonder someday.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Wanted! Schrödinger's cat. Dead and alive."

June 27, 2012 7:02 am  #5

Hello Senazora. Bonjour et bienvenue! Welcome to the forum, I'm not from Quebec.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Don't make people into heroes John. Heroes don't exist and if they did I wouldn't be one of them.

June 27, 2012 9:31 am  #6

Hey there and welcome to the forum...we have people from all over the world here, not sure whether there's anyone from Quebec or not...

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Eventually everyone will support Johnlock.

Independent OSAJ Affiliate

June 29, 2012 6:08 pm  #7

Welcome! Have fun here!

By the way, what's "fan-girling"? (asked by an old fuddy-duddy...)

"Perfectly sound analysis. I was hoping you would go a little deeper."

June 29, 2012 7:25 pm  #8

Thank you all for welcoming! Indeed we Sherlock fans do habitat all the *dark* corners of the world where sun doesn't shine. I'm glad.
Sometimes I just wonder if these awesome people on tumblr & lj etc, actually exist in real world.

... AND HI HI THERE Milkomeda! THANK YOU FOR COMING OUT :D

p.s., \(*0*)/ <= this is fan-girling.

Last edited by senazora (June 29, 2012 8:01 pm)

June 29, 2012 8:00 pm  #9

senazora wrote:

p.s., \(*0*)/ <= this is fan-girling.

And yet, I remain in the dark... Where'd I put my cane?

June 29, 2012 8:05 pm  #10

Fan-girling - Verb
The reaction a fangirl has to any mention or sighting of the object of her "affection". These reactions include shortness of breath, fainting, highpitched noises, shaking etc.

Urban Dictionary! ;)

I was wondering if you'd like to have coffee...
Hmm. I really don't know. Oh, I'm sorry, did I say 'know'? I meant 'care'. I don't really care. 
Douglas Richardson, Cremona

June 29, 2012 8:15 pm  #11

Yet, one may keep calm on the outside... and implode later...
Thanks Molly!

June 29, 2012 8:17 pm  #12

Salutations & greetings from afar

____________________________________________________________________________________________
Also, please note that sentences can also end in full stops. The exclamation mark can be overused.
Sherlock Holmes 28 March 13:08

Mycroft’s popularity doesn’t surprise me at all. He is, after all, incredibly beautiful, clever and well-dressed. And beautiful. Did I mention that?
--Mark Gatiss

"I know that you believe you understand what you think I said, but I’m not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant."
Robert McCloskey

June 29, 2012 8:36 pm  #13

Molly Hooper wrote:

These reactions include shortness of breath, fainting, highpitched noises, shaking etc.

Sounds more like old age to me...

June 29, 2012 8:52 pm  #14

Tantalus wrote:

Molly Hooper wrote:

These reactions include shortness of breath, fainting, highpitched noises, shaking etc.

Sounds more like old age to me...

Hmm actually it sounds  lot like ... oh we should keep this clean huh?

____________________________________________________________________________________________
Also, please note that sentences can also end in full stops. The exclamation mark can be overused.

Mycroft’s popularity doesn’t surprise me at all. He is, after all, incredibly beautiful, clever and well-dressed. And beautiful. Did I mention that?
--Mark Gatiss

"I know that you believe you understand what you think I said, but I’m not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant."
Robert McCloskey

June 29, 2012 9:00 pm  #15

... Wait. Is this forum a "clean & sunny" place...?

June 29, 2012 9:03 pm  #16

Yes,
and No... 

I was wondering if you'd like to have coffee...
Hmm. I really don't know. Oh, I'm sorry, did I say 'know'? I meant 'care'. I don't really care. 
Douglas Richardson, Cremona

June 29, 2012 9:06 pm  #17

Should I migrate back to... lj?
Not want to traumatize innocent fanboys and girls.

ROFL!

June 29, 2012 9:08 pm  #18

senazora wrote:

... Wait. Is this forum a "clean & sunny" place...?

Well I am likened to the Mother Superior here you know.
*tongue in cheek*

--Mark Gatiss

Robert McCloskey

July 14, 2012 2:42 pm  #19

I'M FROM MONTREAL, omg i thought i was the only person in mtl who is a fan of sherlock. thank god i'm not alone~

July 16, 2012 2:29 am  #20

Hi ohsolily!
Yes it seems like fangirls are scares here... but I feel a bit odd to seek fellow fangirls offline...

Board footera