BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

June 26, 2012 6:57 am  #1

Greetings, fellow Sherlockians

Hello everyone, I'm The Skull and I've been reading the forums for a while now, so I thought I might as well make it official. I have read the books, seen the recent movies, and, of course, I watch the BBC series.
I may not be quite as Sherlocked as some of the fans on here, but the show is definitely the best thing on TV. Can't wait for series 3!
I'm also a big fan of House, probably because of the many similarities to Sherlock.
Well, that's all for now. Thanks for reading, and watch out for those cabbies.
- The Skull

Last edited by The Skull (June 26, 2012 8:20 am)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Sherlock: "It's this or Cluedo."
John: "Ah, no. We are never playing that again."
Sherlock: "Why not?"
John: "Because it's not actually possible for the victim to have done it, Sherlock!"

June 26, 2012 7:09 am  #2

Re: Greetings, fellow Sherlockians

Hello, Skull, nice to have you here. I also like House, but only after watching Sherlock I suddenly thought, why, there is a certain similarity between those two. I really didn't know that they based the show on Sherlock motives. But I think it has not really been discussed in Germany although the show is very popular over here.

------------------------------
"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

"It is what it is says love." (Erich Fried)

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

June 26, 2012 2:24 pm  #3

Hello Skull and welcome here on our lovely board..

June 26, 2012 4:13 pm  #4

Hi Skull,
welcome!
Feel free to attract attention here as we're not having John Watson around to fill in for you ...

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
John: "Have you spoken to Mycroft, Molly, uh, anyone?"
Mrs Hudson: "They don’t matter. You do."

I BELIEVE IN SERIES 5!

June 26, 2012 4:33 pm  #5

Hi  Skull!!   clever user name.   welcome to the mantlepiece  of Sherlock's flat.  Great to have you here.   I love your cluedo reference  it's one of my fav quotes from the series.  Hope to see you posting.  there's lots of threads to visit.   Make yourself at home.  I  too like House,   but  I don't watch it much these days.  make yourself at home, have a proper cup of tea...have fun!!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

SHERLOCK!!!!!!

June 26, 2012 4:33 pm  #6

Welcome Mr/Mrs Skull. Is that you on top of Sherlock's fireplace or some relative of yours? Good to have you here, sir/miss/mrs. I'm sure you'll enjoy your time among the plethora of lovely girls we have here.

I saw the whole series of House myself. First few seasons were really good, then it got too familiar and started to drag a bit. But I did love the Greg House character, he was quite unique and Laurie (who's bloody british) did great job bringing House alive and speaking with a spot-on american accent.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
My blog: 3sidestoeverystory.tumblr.com

June 26, 2012 7:00 pm  #7

Hello little Skull and welcome to the forum. I hope you have oodles of fun here just avoid getting confiscated by Mrs. Hudson AGAIN!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Don't make people into heroes John. Heroes don't exist and if they did I wouldn't be one of them.

June 26, 2012 8:58 pm  #8

Welcome, Little Skull. We have the same avatar, at least for the time being.
You'll enjoy it here.
I've only watched a few episodes of House, but I liked it. I never thought about the SH connection. It's so obvious now. (Something Watson expresses repeatedly in the canon.) Anyway, whoodda thunk that Wooster would end up an American doctor?

June 26, 2012 10:28 pm  #9

Welcome, Skull.  It's great that you decided to join after lurking for a while.  There's certainly lots to comment on!

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Life is either a daring adventure, or nothing.  -- Helen Keller

June 26, 2012 10:33 pm  #10

Hi Skull! Welcome to the forum. I am a fan of House too Have fun!

June 27, 2012 12:01 am  #11

Welcome ! = )

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Wanted! Schrödinger's cat. Dead and alive."

June 27, 2012 12:08 am  #12

Hi Skull...welcome!

Disguise is always a self portrait

June 27, 2012 3:19 am  #13

Hi Skull

New members have 4 tasks to complete to earn our love.
1) vote in male/female poll;
2) vote in age poll
3) vote in where in the world poll
4) and most important, vote in the BBC America poll for our boys.

When you have completed those tasks, report back to 221B Baker St and be rewarded with a virtual cup of tea 

I have watched House but I always see Hugh Laurie as the Prince in Blackadder (funniest comedy ever) so can't take him serously. He was also a hoot in his comedy series with Stephen Fry, so how can I trust him to make a medical diagnosis 

Anyway, welcome to the madness

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
FREE PUSSY RIOT

I wish the real world would just stop hassling me - Rob Thomas

Did I mention that I have a Kindle?

#destroythejoint

June 27, 2012 3:58 am  #14

hepzibah wrote:

Hi Skull

New members have 4 tasks to complete to earn our love.
1) vote in male/female poll;
2) vote in age poll
3) vote in where in the world poll
4) and most important, vote in the BBC America poll for our boys.

When you have completed those tasks, report back to 221B Baker St and be rewarded with a virtual cup of tea 

I have watched House but I always see Hugh Laurie as the Prince in Blackadder (funniest comedy ever) so can't take him serously. He was also a hoot in his comedy series with Stephen Fry, so how can I trust him to make a medical diagnosis 

Anyway, welcome to the madness

I didn't realize HL was in that. I have only seen a few episodes (very funny), but I've had it in my queue on Netflix for ages. Now I can't get that song out of my head: His horse is black, his heart is black... or however it goes. Well, at least it will be a change from Anything You Can Do, which has been stuck in my head since I clicked the link for for Sherlock/Dr. Who.

June 27, 2012 4:16 am  #15

Hugh Laurie is also Stuart Little's dad. House and Mouse.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
FREE PUSSY RIOT

#destroythejoint

June 27, 2012 5:44 am  #16

Thanks for the welcome, everyone.
@Dramagod: Yep, that's me up there. At least it was. Ever since Mrs. Hudson separated me from Sherlock, I've been stuck in the closet with John's old laptop.
@hepzibah: All right, I've done all four. Also voted for Alan Rickman. I have to ask- is your username a reference to the Uncanny X-Men character or to some other Hepzibah?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Sherlock: "It's this or Cluedo."
John: "Ah, no. We are never playing that again."
Sherlock: "Why not?"
John: "Because it's not actually possible for the victim to have done it, Sherlock!"

June 27, 2012 6:10 am  #17

Hey Skull, thanks for voting, here's your cuppa 

My name is just a nickname my mum gave me when I was a kid. We are a family that uses nicknames more than real names, even my cats have nicknames,and I thought it was unusual enough to use here. I had to Google the comic book Hepzibah and she looks surprisingly like me (if you close your eyes!)

Last edited by hepzibah (June 27, 2012 6:12 am)

FREE PUSSY RIOT

#destroythejoint

June 27, 2012 9:07 am  #18

Ooooh hello Skull....now I can talk out loud while I'm thinking....

Eventually everyone will support Johnlock.

Independent OSAJ Affiliate

June 29, 2012 6:17 pm  #19

Greetings! Enjoy your time here. It's a good place to just hang out, or maybe "bone" up on your Sherlockian trivia...

"Perfectly sound analysis. I was hoping you would go a little deeper."

June 29, 2012 8:20 pm  #20

Salutations & greetings from afar

Can I hide my cigarettes in you?

____________________________________________________________________________________________
Also, please note that sentences can also end in full stops. The exclamation mark can be overused.
Sherlock Holmes 28 March 13:08

Mycroft’s popularity doesn’t surprise me at all. He is, after all, incredibly beautiful, clever and well-dressed. And beautiful. Did I mention that?
--Mark Gatiss

"I know that you believe you understand what you think I said, but I’m not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant."
Robert McCloskey

Board footera