BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

August 2, 2012 7:25 am  #101

Re: The Purple Shirt

Really? You have lives? How do you manage? 

veecee, with this program I think you can only take pics.
Those moving avatars (.avi) I have no idea how to create them... yet. But surely I will try do do one myself soon.

"After all this time?" "Always."
Good bye, Lord Rickman of the Alan

December 23, 2012 3:43 pm  #102

I really love the PSOS, it is my favorite shirt for Ben to wear, but I also love all of his other clothing too! Also, as advice for the Gif creating, (using a clip of video in a signature) I think you need photoshop to make those, but you can also use premised ones from online.

"That's what people DO!"

February 22, 2013 5:01 pm  #103

Just wondering if you've heard of this song? 

--------------------------------

"Yes, of course I forgive you."

February 22, 2013 8:15 pm  #104

What a hammer song! Caitlin Obom's song is soo great 

Eventually everyone will support Johnlock.   Independent OSAJ Affiliate

... but there may be some new players now. It’s okay. The East Wind takes us all in the end.

February 13, 2014 11:57 am  #105

*Blows away dust from thread*

Unbelievable that a mere 3 weeks ago I did not even know what a PSoS was.. seems like a whole new life now. 

February 13, 2014 12:13 pm  #106

Yes. How could we survive so long without such basic knowledge? 

------------------------------
"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

"It is what it is says love." (Erich Fried)

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

February 13, 2014 12:27 pm  #107

Funnily enough, the PSoS came up at work today. A colleague of mine (who is both physically and personality-wise nothing like Sherlock) has a shirt that comes very close to the PSoS. At one time I joked about him wearing it, all the while explaining what I was talking about since he doesn't watch the show. It's become kind of an in-joke between us.

And just today, while we were queueing in the cafeteria, I said to him, "Markus, you haven't worn the purple shirt of sex for a long time. You need to change that!" And he said that he can't find it anymore, possibly got lost at the cleaners'. Noooooooo!!!!

Last edited by TeeJay (February 13, 2014 12:28 pm)

February 13, 2014 12:31 pm  #108

Zatoichi wrote:

*Blows away dust from thread*

Unbelievable that a mere 3 weeks ago I did not even know what a PSoS was.. seems like a whole new life now. 

This fandom has taught me so much.  PSoS appreciation.  The divine relationship between otters and hedgehogs.  And I know what The Thing is.    Just for starters.

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Proud President and Founder of the OSAJ.  
Honorary German  
"Anyone who takes himself too seriously always runs the risk of looking ridiculous; anyone who can consistently laugh at himself does not".
 -Vaclav Havel 
"Life is full of wonder, Love is never wrong."   Melissa Ethridge

I ship it harder than Mrs. Hudson.

February 13, 2014 12:34 pm  #109

SusiGo wrote:

Exactly! Well, we could survive, but we did not really "live".. I was blind, but now I see.. the beauty of colours, purple (shirt), black (shirt), white (shirt).. Well okay, maybe also Cambridge Blue.. 

And edit: Oooh yes, tonnaree, THE THING... 

Last edited by Zatoichi (February 13, 2014 12:36 pm)

August 11, 2014 10:07 pm  #110

Zatoichi wrote:

SusiGo wrote:

Exactly! Well, we could survive, but we did not really "live".. I was blind, but now I see.. the beauty of colours, purple (shirt), black (shirt), white (shirt).. Well okay, maybe also Cambridge Blue.. 

And edit: Oooh yes, tonnaree, THE THING... 

I know I'm late to this party, but what is THE THING? 

August 12, 2014 12:53 am  #111

Sherlockismyfix wrote:

Something Ben does during interviews, when he's answering questions and distracted. He rubs at his upper right thigh, sticks one hand under his thigh and rubs along it, touches his face, just a set of distracted self-touching that he seems to do a lot. We dubbed it The Thing.

August 12, 2014 2:01 am  #112

I had a friend visiting last month and he always wore a white or blue shirt. His last night here, he wanted to take me out somewhere special and showed up wearing a purple shirt much like the PSoS. I'm afraid I hurt his feelings when I burst out laughing at the first sight of him in it. Too bad I can't get him into this show so that he can understand what was so funny!

My favourite moment with the PSoS is definitely in TGG with its sleeves rolled up. Yum!

Mary

John: That's clever. So you scratch their backs and...
Sherlock: Yes. And then disinfect myself.

August 12, 2014 2:25 am  #113

ancientsgate wrote:

Sherlockismyfix wrote:

Something Ben does during interviews, when he's answering questions and distracted. He rubs at his upper right thigh, sticks one hand under his thigh and rubs along it, touches his face, just a set of distracted self-touching that he seems to do a lot. We dubbed it The Thing.

Ah. Thank you. Yes, I have noticed that. I'm sure I'm not the first to have thought that I'd like to help him out with that ....

December 22, 2014 7:13 am  #114

LOL, what an awesome thread.

Which leaves me with one question: Did Moftiss ever answer the Twitter request for PSoS in S3? And was it included in the season? I can't remember at the top of my head.

(And the shirt was never THAT purple on my screen either).

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
"We'll live on starlight and crime scenes" - wordstrings

Team Hudders!

December 22, 2014 7:26 am  #115

All new shirts in S3 and no purple ones.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://professorfangirl.tumblr.com/post/105838327464/heres-an-outtake-of-mark-gatiss-on-the

December 22, 2014 1:41 pm  #116

Vhanja wrote:

And the shirt was never THAT purple on my screen either).

Much too classy to be purple anyway. It was *eggplant*. lololol

December 22, 2014 2:08 pm  #117

I just found this thread.  Love that PSoS!!! 

Purple has always been my favourite colour since early childhood and now I have another reason to love it even more.

-Val

"The only shipping I know is shipping containers."
                                           -Benedict Cumberbatch

January 7, 2015 10:41 pm  #118

besleybean wrote:

All new shirts in S3 and no purple ones.

Waaait a minute. I just rewatched TEH, and at the last scene - with the champagne at 221B before they go out and greet the journalists, I am SURE I saw him wearing the TPSoS! His black jacket was covering it, sadly, but still!

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Team Hudders!

January 8, 2015 6:36 am  #119

Well I should know because I was there when they filmed it!
But to be honest, I cannot remember...I wasnt looking at his shirt when he walked past me!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://professorfangirl.tumblr.com/post/105838327464/heres-an-outtake-of-mark-gatiss-on-the

January 8, 2015 9:03 am  #120

Oh, that's awesome! 

Team Hudders!

Board footera