BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

July 25, 2012 6:27 pm  #61

Re: The Purple Shirt

Yes, I felt so "scientific" when I saw it. 

July 25, 2012 6:30 pm  #62

I see: taking your pulse, checking your dilated pupils and your temperature, wiping the sweat from your brow.

------------------------------
"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

"It is what it is says love." (Erich Fried)

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

July 26, 2012 12:44 am  #63

Wow, the shirt has never looked that purple on my TV, computer, or other two TVs I've watched the show on!

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Life is either a daring adventure, or nothing.  -- Helen Keller

July 26, 2012 3:30 am  #64

SusiGo wrote:

I see: taking your pulse, checking your dilated pupils and your temperature, wiping the sweat from your brow.

Just so.

July 26, 2012 5:47 am  #65

flirt with the purple shirt of sex!!   I'll be dreaming of it tonight,  great visual aid,  susi,  thanks  muchly!!  sigh.   I  think I'll go to a men's store and get that shirt and then I'll put it up  on my wall.   yeah.   Ben looks good in that shirt.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

SHERLOCK!!!!!!

July 26, 2012 4:20 pm  #66

Thanks for the visual aid, it distracted me from doing my work for at least ten minutes.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Eventually everyone will support Johnlock.

Independent OSAJ Affiliate

July 26, 2012 8:15 pm  #67

Hep, SKitty, and Sherlock -- You're speaking scientifically, of course, aren't you?

July 28, 2012 5:26 am  #68

veecee wrote:

OK, rising to the challenge and hoping not to offend anyone...

My husband enjoys Sherlock, but is not obsessed -- and certainly not with the purple shirt. However, he cannot resist a rhyme challenge:

A consulting detective from London
Was a sight to give even a nun fun
In his purple shirt
He had no need to flirt
Oh my, if that shirt should come undone!

And here's my own rhyme-cheater contribution

That purple shirt fits him so nicely
I find I must look at him twice-ly
When the world starts to BORE
I'll look just once more
And thus I'll enjoy myself thrice-ly.

lol...love it! 

********************************************************************************************************

"That's how you get your kicks, isn't it? You risk your life to prove you're clever.
Why would I do that?
Because you're an idiot."

"We solve crimes, I blog about it, and he forgets his pants."

Gwyn eich byd a dymanuf i chwi lawenydd bob amser.

July 28, 2012 5:28 am  #69

Davina wrote:

Oh purple shirt! Oh wondrous shirt!
So dark and deep and glowering.
You sit so tight upon his form.
He must have worn you showering!

Ta-da!

lol...good one! 

********************************************************************************************************

"That's how you get your kicks, isn't it? You risk your life to prove you're clever.
Why would I do that?

July 28, 2012 3:51 pm  #70

Oh, ImaSherlockGirl, are you also a Purple Shirt girl?! Welcome to our little club.

July 28, 2012 7:03 pm  #71

veecee wrote:

Oh, ImaSherlockGirl, are you also a Purple Shirt girl?! Welcome to our little club.

lol...I am now! Purple (and its various shades) is one of my favorite colors and on Sherlock (Benedict) it looks even better, so the more purple shirts the better! I'm not any good at poetry though... 

Why would I do that?

July 28, 2012 7:07 pm  #72

No need to be poetic! Someone also posted a photo of Ben in a purple suit. I think it's in "Favourite photos..." Take a look.

Have you seen the t-shirts, etc. at redbubble.com? One of them available in purple, of course, says something like "Benedict, I hope you never find a shirt that fits."

I see att least on my monitor, your signature is in purplish shades -- a purplish blue  and a pinkish purple.

July 28, 2012 8:00 pm  #73

veecee wrote:

No need to be poetic! Someone also posted a photo of Ben in a purple suit. I think it's in "Favourite photos..." Take a look.

Have you seen the t-shirts, etc. at redbubble.com? One of them available in purple, of course, says something like "Benedict, I hope you never find a shirt that fits."

I see att least on my monitor, your signature is in purplish shades -- a purplish blue  and a pinkish purple.

Thanks veecee, I will definitely take a look. Still got lots of exploring to do here so there's a lot I haven't seen yet, but definitely a lot of good stuff here...

Haven't seen the t-shirts yet but I've made a note of the website so I can check it out later...might get some Christmas ideas there... 

The bbcode colors I used are actually listed as cornflower blue and pale violet red...there are also a few actual purple colors I hope to try out on another quote I want to add to my signature..

Why would I do that?

July 28, 2012 9:16 pm  #74

Yes, cornflower is pretty close to what I see in the first line, although actual cornflowers might be a little lighter and slightly less blue. I'm very color-sensitive (that sounds so pretentious, sorry), and I just listened to an NPR show about color perception, so I maybe over-analyzing.

July 31, 2012 2:29 am  #75

BrightBlueEyes wrote:

So, I wasn't sure, but after watching yet again... Sherlock DIES in The Purple Shirt.
Does that mean there's *gasp* no Purple Shirt in Series 3?!
Because I don't know if I'm ok with that.
*makes Twitter account, follows Moffat and brings this rather important subject to light*
No, really.

Why are you worried?  He wore it to wherever he went when he left the hospital, stuck it in the wash on a Monday, ironed it on a Tuesday, and he's still wearing it. We shall see the purple shirt rise again!!

July 31, 2012 2:35 am  #76

SusiGo wrote:

In order to make this discussion a bit more scientific and less fangirly, here comes a visual aid:

That was somehow meant to LESSEN the fangirling?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
John: "Fantastic."
Sherlock: "Meretricious."
Lestrade: "And happy new year."

"Oh, but we both know that's not quite true"

July 31, 2012 2:50 am  #77

I so hope you're right, Gate. But doesn't Mrs. Hudson do his laundry? Oh, I forgot, "not your housekeeper!"

July 31, 2012 3:20 am  #78

veecee wrote:

I so hope you're right, Gate. But doesn't Mrs. Hudson do his laundry? Oh, I forgot, "not your housekeeper!"

He didn't go home to Baker Street after he left the hospital. No idea where he is (my pet theory is that maybe he's in the old family place with Mycroft, but who knows?)  If he'd gone back to Baker Street, John would have noticed, lol.

July 31, 2012 3:25 am  #79

BrightBlueEyes wrote:

SusiGo wrote:

In order to make this discussion a bit more scientific and less fangirly, here comes a visual aid:

That was somehow meant to LESSEN the fangirling?

I know, huh? Totally thud-worthy. Whew. *wipes forehead*

July 31, 2012 4:06 pm  #80

Ha, how could I know that you would start to sweat and fall from your chair and all that when I justed wanted to show … what was it? Beautiful neck? Sexy hands? Curls? Quite warm around here, isn't it?

------------------------------
"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

"It is what it is says love." (Erich Fried)

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

Board footera