BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

June 25, 2012 2:51 pm  #1

Sherlock Jewelery

I'm not sure, even as a Moderator, if this is the correct place to post this however...

Curious Owl designs make fandom inspired jewellery and other oddities. They are handmade in the UK with free UK mainland delivery but can ship world-wide. I must say I liked some of the necklace pendant designs. Any way here's the link for anyone who's interested in having a look.

www.curious-owl-designs.tumblr.com/

Last edited by Sherlock Holmes (September 11, 2012 6:36 pm)

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Don't make people into heroes John. Heroes don't exist and if they did I wouldn't be one of them.

June 27, 2012 4:54 pm  #2

Re: Sherlock Jewelery

They are rather nice, aren't they? So many creative people! I found this one on etsy and it's lovely... very tempting even though I'm not a Johnlock shipper.

http://www.etsy.com/listing/96892093/bbc-sherlock-johnlock-scrabble-tile

June 27, 2012 4:56 pm  #3

.... by which I guess I mean, I bought one. Looked up the link to paste to this thread and decided I had to have it.

June 30, 2012 9:33 pm  #4

------------------------------
"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

"It is what it is says love." (Erich Fried)

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

July 7, 2012 5:32 pm  #5

I found three pages of different handmade Sherlock-related jewelry on esty.com. I have no connection to the designer, don't even know who they are, but I thought some of this stuff was fascinating. Many of the silver bracelets are engraved with some of the more familiar quotations from the show. Thought I'd post the pointer here for anyone interested. I hope the mods allow this, since I'm not trying to sell anything.
http://www.etsy.com/search_results.php?search_type=all&includes[0]=materials&q=sherlock+bracelet&page=2

July 8, 2012 3:42 pm  #6

There's some brilliant stuff on Etsy...it's a really great site for Sherlock related items.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Eventually everyone will support Johnlock.

Independent OSAJ Affiliate

July 8, 2012 3:54 pm  #7

Well, yes - I ordered this here:

http://www.etsy.com/listing/96728096/sherlocked-hand-stamped-copper-ring

And this:

http://www.etsy.com/listing/100803215/sherlock-holmes-inspired-bracelet-quiet

Aaaand another bracelet in oxidized copper - as you can costumize every article.
I'm quite sure I found the link here in the fanforum...?

It was shipped 4 days ago so I probably can tell you in about 3 or 4 weeks if I'm glad with it... 

"After all this time?" "Always."
Good bye, Lord Rickman of the Alan

July 8, 2012 6:04 pm  #8

I'm not a John/Sherlock shipper, but their friendship is my favorite thing about the show, so I bought this one:

http://www.etsy.com/listing/96892093/bbc-sherlock-johnlock-scrabble-tile

July 8, 2012 8:39 pm  #9

imane nikko wrote:

I'm not a John/Sherlock shipper, but their friendship is my favorite thing about the show, so I bought this one: http://www.etsy.com/listing/96892093/bbc-sherlock-johnlock-scrabble-tile

Oh, cool! And what a conversation-starter that can be for when people see it and comment on it. You can pass the word about our guys!

July 8, 2012 8:41 pm  #10

Mattlocked wrote:

Well, yes - I ordered this here:

http://www.etsy.com/listing/96728096/sherlocked-hand-stamped-copper-ring

And this:

http://www.etsy.com/listing/100803215/sherlock-holmes-inspired-bracelet-quiet

Aaaand another bracelet in oxidized copper - as you can costumize every article.
I'm quite sure I found the link here in the fanforum...?

It was shipped 4 days ago so I probably can tell you in about 3 or 4 weeks if I'm glad with it... 

Wonderful! And actually very stylish, even if no one else reads it. I'd have fun just *wearing* that name and those words. Please let us know how it all looks, if you think of it. Have fun.

July 12, 2012 8:38 am  #11

I just bought some John Watson dog tags. They're brilliant:

Eventually everyone will support Johnlock.

Independent OSAJ Affiliate

July 12, 2012 6:07 pm  #12

Today the 2 bracelets and the ring arrived - quite quick! - and I'm very satisfied!
Took pics for you, but I cannot post here, what's not already in the web?

So this way: the bracelets look as good as expected, they are lightweight and thin (= aluminium resp. copper, as we know), you can make them fit to almost any arm or finger, I guess. ;-)
The copper-SHERLOCKED-ring starts already leaving dark shadows on my finger. But I thought about that and will apply some nail polish on its inside.

I planned to wear one day this and the other day that - but I couldn't decide; now I'm wearing all together. 
And I want to have more!
But first they have to stand the longtime-test. 

July 13, 2012 1:03 am  #13

July 13, 2012 1:40 am  #14

Very nice! The font she used are very clean so you can really read the quotes from a few feet away.

July 13, 2012 8:32 am  #15

July 13, 2012 8:02 pm  #16

Ooh, there's some great stuff..
Though quite too expensive, isn't it? :/ (At least some of it!)

July 18, 2012 3:23 pm  #17

Some days ago I received these:

- Life is full of whimsical happenings (customized, my chose)
- Quiet, calm, peaceful. Isn't it hateful?
- Sherlocked

Think they are quite nice!

July 19, 2012 12:17 pm  #18

Britta, is it creepy if I tell you that you have really nice hands? I hope not.

I have always loved hands, in a perfectly innocent way (LOL), nicely shaped fingers and nails that haven't been chewed.  When I can afford it< I like to have my nails long and painted bright red. They look fabulous if I do say so myself.

Of course, Benny has the best hands in captivity. Can't say as I have noticed Martin's, must go back and have a look.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
FREE PUSSY RIOT

I wish the real world would just stop hassling me - Rob Thomas

Did I mention that I have a Kindle?

#destroythejoint

July 19, 2012 2:24 pm  #19

Hm... let's take it the other way round:
It would be not really nice if you'd have told me my hands are creepy. 

They are a bit red on the pic which may be caused by my excitement - which may be caused by the arrival of the nice jewelry.
And I tell you a secret - I used to chew on my nails for a long time. And from time to time it happens again. Special occasions, let's say, if BC would be near for a while. 
And then there is this garden... and the clay.... But most of the time I manage to let them look nice, and then I am a little bit proud  , so thank you!

Reg. Ben's hands you are fully right!

August 11, 2012 2:38 am  #20

that jewelry  is nice!!   I  like the pendant.   This makes me want to craft some of my own.   Those bracelets are beautiful.   Love them!!  where did you order those from?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

SHERLOCK!!!!!!

Board footera