BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

June 25, 2012 11:54 am  #1

Cabin Pressure- poll

A simple and quick poll for you:

Which of these delicious desserts would you choose to finish your in-flight meal?

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Don't make people into heroes John. Heroes don't exist and if they did I wouldn't be one of them.

June 25, 2012 12:51 pm  #2

Re: Cabin Pressure- poll

Funny, I just listened to this episode. Actually I'd prefer cheesecake but I chose Strudel so that Martin will be the winner for once  .

------------------------------
"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

"It is what it is says love." (Erich Fried)

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

June 25, 2012 5:38 pm  #3

Awww, everyone's supporting Martin

Now, here's the (maybe) weird thing: I actually prefer Strudel to Cheesecake. Although I don't think I would want to eat either of them on an aeroplane.

June 25, 2012 5:44 pm  #4

Well, I like both, but, as you said, not necessarily in an aeroplane (flown AND landed by Martin Crieff). Hm, now I'm just dreaming of a nice slice of apple strudel with cream and/or vanilla ice in an atmospheric Viennese Kaffeehaus or at Café Einstein in Berlin …

Last edited by SusiGo (June 25, 2012 5:46 pm)

"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

June 25, 2012 5:52 pm  #5

Not only in an aeroplane flown AND landed by Martin Crieff but served by Arthur Shappey. What more could you want? (The kaffeehaus sounds a splendid idea).

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Don't make people into heroes John. Heroes don't exist and if they did I wouldn't be one of them.

June 25, 2012 6:15 pm  #6

Maybe in an aeroplane flown AND landed by Martin Crieff, served by Arthur Shappey, on Birling Day and with Mrs Paranoid-musician-with-the-unspeakable-name-going-to-Gdansk in it. Oh, this could become a new game  .

Last edited by SusiGo (June 25, 2012 6:29 pm)

June 25, 2012 9:17 pm  #7

I normally prefer cheesecake, but this time I chose strudel.

Go Martin! We love you! 

Waiting for a crazy man in a blue box to fall from the sky...

But the thing is, we've taken away all the things that can possibly have happened, so I suppose the only thing that's left, even though it seems really weird, must be the thing that did happen, in fact. (Miss Marple)

June 25, 2012 11:45 pm  #8

When I saw the overwhelming results of the poll, my first thought was "No one likes strudel!" . It turned out that Douglas wasn't right, EVERYBODY likes strudel .

--------------------------------------------------------------------
Sherlock: "I need to get some air, we're going out tonight."
John: "Actually, I've uh, got a date."
Sherlock: "What?"
John: "It's where two people who like each other go out and have fun."
Sherlock: "That's what I was suggesting."

June 26, 2012 9:52 pm  #9

Wherein the definition of Strudel is "Benedict Cumberbatch"

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
John: "Fantastic."
Sherlock: "Meretricious."
Lestrade: "And happy new year."

"Oh, but we both know that's not quite true"

June 26, 2012 11:34 pm  #10

BrightBlueEyes wrote:

Wherein the definition of Strudel is "Benedict Cumberbatch"

Now I see the point

--------------------------------------------------------------------
Sherlock: "I need to get some air, we're going out tonight."
John: "Actually, I've uh, got a date."
Sherlock: "What?"
John: "It's where two people who like each other go out and have fun."
Sherlock: "That's what I was suggesting."

June 27, 2012 11:19 am  #11

I still cannot quite believe that someone has chosen fizzy yoghurt!

June 27, 2012 11:38 am  #12

Davina wrote:

I still cannot quite believe that someone has chosen fizzy yoghurt!

At least it's better than surprising rice  .

June 27, 2012 11:44 am  #13

True, true! But that will be ANOTHER day!

June 28, 2012 8:08 pm  #14

Strudel's still winning! Brilliant!
It seems like all lot of our members here are sponsored by the Anglo-Polish Strudel Appreciation Society ;).

June 28, 2012 8:32 pm  #15

Go, Strudel, go! Cheesecake's hard on your heels.

June 28, 2012 10:16 pm  #16

The cheesecake is always hard, apparently! And...does strudel have heels?

June 29, 2012 6:32 am  #17

Davina wrote:

The cheesecake is always hard, apparently! And...does strudel have heels?

*grin back*

July 9, 2012 5:53 pm  #18

Bump! So strudel is winning. Does anyone else want to vote in this all important MJN poll?

July 9, 2012 6:38 pm  #19

Go, Strudel, go!

July 9, 2012 6:43 pm  #20

Strudel!
Who wants to eat that pink jelly you have to bite at the dentist?? 

"After all this time?" "Always."
Good bye, Lord Rickman of the Alan

Board footera