BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

July 5, 2012 11:41 pm  #41

Re: BBC America poll - vote for our boys

I voted for Ben, but he is behind Tom . I want Ben to be the winner!

--------------------------------------------------------------------
Sherlock: "I need to get some air, we're going out tonight."
John: "Actually, I've uh, got a date."
Sherlock: "What?"
John: "It's where two people who like each other go out and have fun."
Sherlock: "That's what I was suggesting."

July 6, 2012 3:27 am  #42

Ha! I just found out that if you open a new browser window, you can still vote. I already voted thrice in the last hour. We have until July 11 to make Ben win

July 6, 2012 3:33 am  #43

jimella wrote:

Ha! I just found out that if you open a new browser window, you can still vote. I already voted thrice in the last hour. We have until July 11 to make Ben win

I'm with you!

July 6, 2012 5:28 am  #44

Ah-hem! You aren't vote riggging are you?

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Don't make people into heroes John. Heroes don't exist and if they did I wouldn't be one of them.

July 6, 2012 10:17 am  #45

Oops, guilty as charged

July 6, 2012 10:29 am  #46

Great idea, I'm starting at once  .

------------------------------
"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

"It is what it is says love." (Erich Fried)

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

July 6, 2012 10:53 am  #47

I tried to vote the second time, but then it was written that my vote had been already counted. So, I think there's no way to vote twice.

July 6, 2012 11:57 am  #48

That's strange because I just went there and voted and my vote was counted once again. I mean, at least they said thank you for voting. And he's gained 0.5 percent since this morning so there's still hope, guys  . I'll do my best. Let's see if it works for others as well.

------------------------------
"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

"It is what it is says love." (Erich Fried)

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

July 7, 2012 6:36 am  #49

I just tried to vote once again and it worked out!
To tell the truth I'm greatly surprised that Ben has less votes than Tom(((. I don't believe Tom has more fans than Ben....
I'll vote as much as possible for Ben to win .

July 7, 2012 5:48 pm  #50

Oh no!  Benedict is way behind the other guy!  Ironically, by about 7%.  Fortunately, Martin is way ahead.  But--anything can happen before the poll closes...

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Life is either a daring adventure, or nothing.  -- Helen Keller

July 8, 2012 3:55 pm  #51

So I voted for Ben, he's still behind at the moment but I posted it on my Facebook to encourage more people to vote...

How do you vote for Martin for third place?

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Eventually everyone will support Johnlock.

Independent OSAJ Affiliate

July 8, 2012 5:44 pm  #52

I just voted again---just now--  and my  vote was  counted,  instead of them  saying  "Thank you for voting"   they put it thru!!   so,  I reckon you can vote  as many times as you want...maybe after yu close your browser and open it again a few hours later?   I can't believe that tom is ahead of benedict.   so  not  fair.   It wasn't like that this morning!!   sheesh.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

SHERLOCK!!!!!!

July 8, 2012 5:51 pm  #53

sherlockskitty wrote:

...my  vote was  counted,  instead of them  saying  "Thank you for voting"   they put it thru!!

What do you mean?  If you get the "Thank you for voting" message, has the vote not been counted yet???  That's what I see when I vote.  At least, I thought I'd voted.  Is there something more to do to ensure my vote gets counted?

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

July 8, 2012 10:16 pm  #54

Sherli Bakerst wrote:

sherlockskitty wrote:

...my  vote was  counted,  instead of them  saying  "Thank you for voting"   they put it thru!!

What do you mean?  If you get the "Thank you for voting" message, has the vote not been counted yet???  That's what I see when I vote.  At least, I thought I'd voted.  Is there something more to do to ensure my vote gets counted?

I  made an error,  as kitties sometimes do!! 

When it says  Thank you, we have already counted your vote.   then that means the vote you just did before that, has already  been  counted, and not put thru.   When  it says thank you for voting   then that means the vote was put through.   I've  voted at least 3 times today  from the same PC   (I  lost count, detective...)   and each time my  vote was counted.  so,    you are voting correctly.  It's the website that's being faulty in not counting our votes when they should!!   Exclamation point was needed here.  sorry  I

Last edited by sherlockskitty (July 8, 2012 10:17 pm)

SHERLOCK!!!!!!

July 9, 2012 4:18 am  #55

Just remember, after you get the "Thank you for voting!" message, close your browser then start all over again.
Ben has to win this. We can do this, friends!

July 9, 2012 1:23 pm  #56

What on earth just happened? I was away from the computer for only 3 hours and when I got back, I saw this:

Tom Hiddleston  53.77%
Benedict Cumberbatch  46.23%

July 9, 2012 6:10 pm  #57

yeah---  i  just voted again,  and i see the SAME  results!! It looks like  the website is not counting any more votes  from my computer, even tho it still allows me to vote.   Weird,  huh?   I  could have sworn that I saw those same results  yesterday.

56.67 for tom,  and 46.33  for ben.   VOTE!!!  how did this happen so quickly anyway!!

Last edited by sherlockskitty (July 9, 2012 6:14 pm)

SHERLOCK!!!!!!

July 9, 2012 6:21 pm  #58

That's the result I was getting, too, when I voted.  Hence my earlier question.  Maybe--and I'd love to think this was the reason--votes for BC have overloaded the website's server and it just can't keep up with all the changes!  Oh well, off to vote again...

July 9, 2012 6:25 pm  #59

i  never even heard of tom  before. yeah  maybe so,  sherli.

SHERLOCK!!!!!!

July 10, 2012 3:58 am  #60

BC is now marginally up, 46.55...

Board footera