BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

June 24, 2012 9:36 pm  #21

Re: BBC America poll - vote for our boys

I voted for Ben and Martin which was particularly easy since I have no idea who any of these other people are

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Disguise is always a self portrait

June 24, 2012 10:07 pm  #22

Hey Janine
If you don't know who the others in the poll are, you are missing out on some fine examples of manhood 

Colin Firth was the definitive Mr Darcy in the BBC production of Pride & Prejudice, and won an Oscar for The King's Speech 

David Tennant was the 10th and best Doctor Who. There is a reason he and Benny are so close in the poll, both so hot, hot, hot 

Tom Hiddleston is just some pretty boy (only kidding, Hiddles fans). He is in The Avengers Movie, also in War Horse with Benny (good friends apparently) and has a voice like melted milk chocolate (Benny's voice is dark chocolate to me)

Alan Rickman plays Severus Snape in the Harry Potter movies, was Emma Thompson's hubby in Love, Actually (you know, the movie that Martin was naked in most of his scenes), and his best movie of all - Truly, Madly, Deeply. He is quite a hottie in an odd way. But we like our odd hotties, don't we?

Colin Morgan and Bradley James star in the TV show Merlin. Nothing more to say about them, really

I hope this has expanded your knowledge of hot men, but you can't go back and change your vote

Last edited by hepzibah (June 24, 2012 10:10 pm)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
FREE PUSSY RIOT

I wish the real world would just stop hassling me - Rob Thomas

Did I mention that I have a Kindle?

#destroythejoint

June 24, 2012 10:42 pm  #23

Hepzibah, oh yes I know Colin Firth..I forgot to mention that. The King's Speech is one of the best movies ever made. I loved it. yes the Tennent guy looks like he could float my boat. My boyfriend took me to the Avengers but i almost fell asleep. Next movie date is my turn, romance here we come. I would have voted for our boys anyway

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

June 24, 2012 10:50 pm  #24

Janine, have you ever watched Doctor Who? If not, I woukd recommend starting with the series made in 2005 with Christopher Ecclestone as the 9th Doctor, the boyfriend would like them for the action/adventure side and you would like them for the hot men & love (sort of) story. If you are going to be an Anglophile you need to be familiar with Doctor Who.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
FREE PUSSY RIOT

#destroythejoint

June 25, 2012 3:59 am  #25

Just voted again, don't be complacent & whine when your favourite loses. Current standings:

Benedict Cumberbatch  51.4%
Vs
David Tennant  48.6%

Martin Freeman  62.9%
Vs
Colin Firth  37.1%

____________________________________________________________________________________________
Also, please note that sentences can also end in full stops. The exclamation mark can be overused.
Sherlock Holmes 28 March 13:08

Mycroft’s popularity doesn’t surprise me at all. He is, after all, incredibly beautiful, clever and well-dressed. And beautiful. Did I mention that?
--Mark Gatiss

"I know that you believe you understand what you think I said, but I’m not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant."
Robert McCloskey

June 25, 2012 4:21 am  #26

I think Benedict is going to win by a nose.

Initials SH and proud owner of a viola named Watson.

Potential flatmates should know the worst about each other.

It's a three patch problem.

I didn't know; I saw.

June 25, 2012 4:23 am  #27

Sentimental Pulse wrote:

Hepzibah, oh yes I know Colin Firth..I forgot to mention that. The King's Speech is one of the best movies ever made. I loved it. yes the Tennent guy looks like he could float my boat. My boyfriend took me to the Avengers but i almost fell asleep. Next movie date is my turn, romance here we come. I would have voted for our boys anyway

Tennant floats my boat. He has ever since I discovered he wasn't actually a slobbering psychopathic maniac. (HP GOF)

I didn't know; I saw.

June 25, 2012 8:59 am  #28

Who's boat doesn't he float? 

And if you're not into Sci-Fi you should totally check other movies/shows with him out, he's awesome in all of them. ;)

But in general, it's really hard to choose between male Brits. :/ They're all so amazing!

June 25, 2012 10:32 am  #29

kazza474 wrote:

Just voted again, don't be complacent & whine when your favourite loses. Current standings:

Benedict Cumberbatch  51.4%
Vs
David Tennant  48.6%

Martin Freeman  62.9%
Vs
Colin Firth  37.1%

I like your attitude, kazza. That signature photo of mycroft is so perfect. I can just hear him telling Watson in a very calm and proper way indeed that he doesn't give a sh%t.

June 25, 2012 10:34 am  #30

SLA and Sammy, yes these wickedly good looking men have such a stranglehold on us. Fortunately our guy Ben has captured our hearts and our votes.

June 26, 2012 7:37 am  #31

hepzibah wrote:

Tom Hiddleston is just some pretty boy (only kidding, Hiddles fans). He is in The Avengers Movie, also in War Horse with Benny (good friends apparently) and has a voice like melted milk chocolate (Benny's voice is dark chocolate to me)

The reference to chocolate is perfect. LIKE!

June 26, 2012 7:20 pm  #32

I thought I should add this...

Yeah.

I love this picture. Ben is like: "Come here you!" *pulls him closer with left arm* and David is like: "Rawr, you sexy thing!" :D 

Last edited by Sammy (June 26, 2012 7:21 pm)

June 29, 2012 9:31 am  #33

We have now moved on to the semi-finals, see the topic higher up the list.

FREE PUSSY RIOT

#destroythejoint

July 1, 2012 12:59 am  #34

AGH THEY'VE GOT OUR BOYS AGAINST EACH OTHER. (Sorry for the all-caps. I was sparing the exclamation point.) What do we do?

I didn't know; I saw.

July 1, 2012 9:34 am  #35

Smoggy_London_Air wrote:

AGH THEY'VE GOT OUR BOYS AGAINST EACH OTHER. (Sorry for the all-caps. I was sparing the exclamation point.) What do we do?

This is really, really, really unfair. I don't know if I can vote

Waiting for a crazy man in a blue box to fall from the sky...

But the thing is, we've taken away all the things that can possibly have happened, so I suppose the only thing that's left, even though it seems really weird, must be the thing that did happen, in fact. (Miss Marple)

July 1, 2012 7:27 pm  #36

Poor Martin is really lagging. I think I'll vote for him tomorrow.

I didn't know; I saw.

July 2, 2012 12:29 am  #37

I voted for Martin--my small attempt to make things more equal.  But I may very well vote for Ben from another computer as I really think they are two halves of a whole.   

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Life is either a daring adventure, or nothing.  -- Helen Keller

July 2, 2012 7:05 am  #38

I don't know how this worked but I just voted a second time and my vote was counted. Actually I just wanted to see how they do and then I just voted for Martin because last time I decided for Ben. But Ben's still in the lead with 57 %.

------------------------------
"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

"It is what it is says love." (Erich Fried)

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

July 2, 2012 7:11 am  #39

What I want to know Sherli is...which half is Ben and which half is Martin? Lol

Don't make people into heroes John. Heroes don't exist and if they did I wouldn't be one of them.

July 5, 2012 11:17 pm  #40

I tried voting again too. It went through :D But Ben is trailing now

Board footera