BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

June 22, 2012 6:16 am  #1

BBC America poll - vote for our boys

This poll is on BBC America. We are down to the quarter finals and our boys need all the help they can

Benedict is currently neck-and-neck with David Tennant (Doctor Who number 10 and the best so far, IMHO)
It's a difficult choice, I did vote for Benny but I wouldn't kick either of them out of bed for eating biscuits 

Martin is doing quite well against Colin Firth but we don't want to get complacent 

http://www.bbcamerica.com/anglophenia/2012/06/vote-in-the-anglo-fan-favorites-tournament-the-men-of-2012/

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
FREE PUSSY RIOT

I wish the real world would just stop hassling me - Rob Thomas

Did I mention that I have a Kindle?

#destroythejoint

June 22, 2012 6:23 am  #2

Re: BBC America poll - vote for our boys

OMG, this is serious!

Vote people VOTE!
Use your friends, neighbours & kids' laptops & computers as you only get one vote each, lol.

____________________________________________________________________________________________
Also, please note that sentences can also end in full stops. The exclamation mark can be overused.
Sherlock Holmes 28 March 13:08

Mycroft’s popularity doesn’t surprise me at all. He is, after all, incredibly beautiful, clever and well-dressed. And beautiful. Did I mention that?
--Mark Gatiss

"I know that you believe you understand what you think I said, but I’m not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant."
Robert McCloskey

June 22, 2012 6:27 am  #3

Apparently, Alan Rickman won last year. Much as I adore him, our boys leave him in the dust, I say DUST, people. 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
FREE PUSSY RIOT

#destroythejoint

June 22, 2012 6:28 am  #4

Hmm, someone is going to have to start a thread about this Rickman dude.
I know nothing of him, lol.

____________________________________________________________________________________________
Also, please note that sentences can also end in full stops. The exclamation mark can be overused.

Mycroft’s popularity doesn’t surprise me at all. He is, after all, incredibly beautiful, clever and well-dressed. And beautiful. Did I mention that?
--Mark Gatiss

"I know that you believe you understand what you think I said, but I’m not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant."
Robert McCloskey

June 22, 2012 6:38 am  #5

Check him out on IMDB. He plays Severus Snape in the Harry Potter movies, was Emma Thompson's hubby in Love, Actually (you know, the movie that Martin was naked in most of his scenes), and his best movie of all - Truly, Madly, Deeply. Do yourself a favour (as Molly Meldrum would say) and check them out. He is quite a hottie in an odd way. But we like our odd hotties, don't we?

FREE PUSSY RIOT

#destroythejoint

June 22, 2012 6:52 am  #6

hepzibah wrote:

Apparently, Alan Rickman won last year. Much as I adore him, our boys leave him in the dust, I say DUST, people. 

Sorry, hepzibah, but I can't agree with that. As wonderful and great as our boys are, Mr. Rickman can't be left in the dust. He is absolutely awesome. And Ben and Martin have a long way to go to yet 

In my opinion, of course. Now you can sssssssskin me or something

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Waiting for a crazy man in a blue box to fall from the sky...

But the thing is, we've taken away all the things that can possibly have happened, so I suppose the only thing that's left, even though it seems really weird, must be the thing that did happen, in fact. (Miss Marple)

June 22, 2012 6:58 am  #7

Kazza, Can we have Irene BANNED from this site, please. She is obviously unhinged and may be a danger to herself and others.

And. Irene, don't bother to vote, babe. I have alerted the appropriate authorities and your vote won't count (unless you vote for Benny or Martin).

That goes for everyone else on this site 

FREE PUSSY RIOT

#destroythejoint

June 22, 2012 7:08 am  #8

hepzibah wrote:

Check him out on IMDB. He plays Severus Snape in the Harry Potter movies, was Emma Thompson's hubby in Love, Actually (you know, the movie that Martin was naked in most of his scenes), and his best movie of all - Truly, Madly, Deeply. Do yourself a favour (as Molly Meldrum would say) and check them out. He is quite a hottie in an odd way. But we like our odd hotties, don't we?

Wooo, so right! Mr Freeman is leading right now. Let's keep on voting for BC...they are tied after I voted a few minutes ago

June 22, 2012 7:14 am  #9

Oh Lord Kazza....how can you not know Alan Rickman's work? I think he's been in everything! He's also married to an Aussie!!!
He was also the guy Bruce Willis pushed out the Nakimora (??) Towers window in Die Hard 1, and the Sheriff of Rotterdam in Men in Tights ;)

BC against DT is just MEAN though...but I chose BC because I think he's more versatile than DT

Also, much as I love Tom Hiddleston, can't go past Alan Rickman

Edit: worst typo ever...I typed "no" instead of "know"!!!
Edit: more edits! My brain has stopped functioning, clearly.

Last edited by Wholocked (June 22, 2012 7:16 am)

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I dislike being outnumbered. It makes for too much stupid in the room

June 22, 2012 7:45 am  #10

I don't "do" Harry Potter type stuff, lol.

Well off you all go & make a thread in the correct place and maybe you can convince me to check him out, lol.

--Mark Gatiss

Robert McCloskey

June 22, 2012 8:48 am  #11

hepzibah wrote:

Kazza, Can we have Irene BANNED from this site, please. She is obviously unhinged and may be a danger to herself and others.

And. Irene, don't bother to vote, babe. I have alerted the appropriate authorities and your vote won't count (unless you vote for Benny or Martin).

That goes for everyone else on this site 

SO sorry, Hepzibah... I already voted

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

But the thing is, we've taken away all the things that can possibly have happened, so I suppose the only thing that's left, even though it seems really weird, must be the thing that did happen, in fact. (Miss Marple)

June 22, 2012 8:52 am  #12

Curses, foiled again 

FREE PUSSY RIOT

#destroythejoint

June 22, 2012 9:36 am  #13

Kazza, what did you think Benedict Cumberbatch was doing when he does his Alan Rickman impressions? 

He even does one on one of the DVD commentaries I think.

June 22, 2012 2:31 pm  #14

Freeman, Cumberbatch, Hiddleston (Alan Rickman won last year so I'm giving Tom a shot), and Colin Morgan.

True story: My dad has no idea what Colin Morgan's name actually is so he calls him "Benedict's Little Brother". I'm surprised that Benedict is doing so well against David Tennant. Six months ago even I would have voted for David, no questions asked.

Initials SH and proud owner of a viola named Watson.

Potential flatmates should know the worst about each other.

It's a three patch problem.

I didn't know; I saw.

June 22, 2012 4:22 pm  #15

I appreciate people posting links to these polls as otherwise I'd have no idea they existed.  I voted just now for the two obvious choices.  Skipped the others as I'm not familiar with their work.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Life is either a daring adventure, or nothing.  -- Helen Keller

June 22, 2012 5:46 pm  #16

Sherli, glad to be of service. I actually poached it from IMDB.

Smoggy, it's funny your Dad should call Colin Morgan "Benedict's little brother" because there is a whole stream of fanfic that uses Colin's facial features and pictures to portray Hamish Holmes -Watson (or Watson Holmes, can't exactly remember which), the son of Sherlock (and sometimes John, as well) (fanfic can get very complicated!). It must be the cheekbones 

FREE PUSSY RIOT

#destroythejoint

June 22, 2012 8:31 pm  #17

In my opinion, Benedict and Colin Morgan could be brothers... I mean, they could play brothers, the resemblance between them is remarkable (though I find Benedict far more attractive)

June 23, 2012 11:16 am  #18

Tried to vot but for some reason it keeps coming up on screen weirdly and I can't! 

Don't make people into heroes John. Heroes don't exist and if they did I wouldn't be one of them.

June 23, 2012 2:07 pm  #19

Davina, maybe try going directly to the BBC America site, that might work.
Martin is still ahead of Colin Firth, but Benny and David Tennant are still neck and neck. Get voting, girls and boys 

Last edited by hepzibah (June 23, 2012 2:07 pm)

FREE PUSSY RIOT

#destroythejoint

June 23, 2012 7:10 pm  #20

Uh, David Tennant against Benedict Cumberbatch. I knew this day would come eventually.
I choose... Benedict. He's my sweetie pie. Sorry, David.
(Somewhere in the distance you can hear Tennant screaming: "Et tu, Brute?!")

Freeman, Cumberbatch, Hiddleston, Rickman... I just realised how ridiculous those names sound together. In a good way.
Rule #7 on the way to world domination: Have a remarkable name.

Board footera