BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

July 21, 2012 11:05 am  #41

Re: Do you Tweet?

I use FB mainly for contact with friends and as an alternative to my homepage. I have a Twitter account which I seldom use. So far … 

Last edited by SusiGo (July 21, 2012 11:05 am)

------------------------------
"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

"It is what it is says love." (Erich Fried)

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

July 21, 2012 11:10 am  #42

Davina wrote:

I find Twitter incredibly useful for links to news etc. which I can then post here for everyone to peruse. I like to follow comedians as they are generally very politically aware. I'll sometimes tweet myself if there's something happened I think is worth tweeting about. Facebook I do on a more limited basis, but without it I might never have joined this board...just think how awful that would have been!

Yes, I don't think people realise we get a ot of inside info from those sources, lol.

And I am still pondering the answer to '... might never have joined this board " ... lol!
(nah just joking)

____________________________________________________________________________________________
Also, please note that sentences can also end in full stops. The exclamation mark can be overused.
Sherlock Holmes 28 March 13:08

Mycroft’s popularity doesn’t surprise me at all. He is, after all, incredibly beautiful, clever and well-dressed. And beautiful. Did I mention that?
--Mark Gatiss

"I know that you believe you understand what you think I said, but I’m not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant."
Robert McCloskey

July 21, 2012 11:40 am  #43

Cheeky!!!!

!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Don't make people into heroes John. Heroes don't exist and if they did I wouldn't be one of them.

July 21, 2012 3:16 pm  #44

If there are any members of the Hiddles Army here, Tom has his own twitter account

https://twitter.com/twhiddleston

Probably a good thing that Benny doesn't have his own account. Can you imagine the embarrassing tweets? And that would be just from me!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
FREE PUSSY RIOT

I wish the real world would just stop hassling me - Rob Thomas

Did I mention that I have a Kindle?

#destroythejoint

July 27, 2012 4:31 pm  #45

Just joined (yesterday) ...no followers yet....starting to feel lonely now....

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

July 27, 2012 4:57 pm  #46

hepzibah wrote:

If there are any members of the Hiddles Army here, Tom has his own twitter account

https://twitter.com/twhiddleston

Probably a good thing that Benny doesn't have his own account. Can you imagine the embarrassing tweets? And that would be just from me!

I'd try to behave myself, but … you know … I think it's good he doesn't have one, remaining inaccessible in some ways is not so bad.

"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

July 27, 2012 4:59 pm  #47

Couldn't find you, Jane 

July 27, 2012 5:04 pm  #48

Hey Jane, follow me @hepzibah59 and I'll follow you!. There are also a couple of Sherlock accounts that I follow, heaps of fun.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
FREE PUSSY RIOT

#destroythejoint

July 27, 2012 5:10 pm  #49

Hepzibah, you've just got yourself a new follower .

July 27, 2012 5:15 pm  #50

I already am Hepzibah - as of yesterday 

July 27, 2012 5:27 pm  #51

Hurray! I feel so important! Now, must write some witty tweets 

FREE PUSSY RIOT

#destroythejoint

July 28, 2012 10:32 am  #52

So if anyone is wondering about tweeting, I have to tell you that I watched the Olympic opening ceremony and sent 128, yes one hundred and twenty eight, tweets while it was on. I was able to 'talk' to my sis-in-law, Davina, Jane, and the Queen (not really, but a plausible impersonator), and I have never had so much fun in my life!

FREE PUSSY RIOT

#destroythejoint

July 28, 2012 10:53 am  #53

I'm on Twitter for some days now, and actually we are following each other, hepzibah. But still I don't really get it... 

"After all this time?" "Always."
Good bye, Lord Rickman of the Alan

July 28, 2012 10:55 am  #54

It was hilarious wasn't it. Especially once I realised I had the live pause on and that is why I was watching everything minutes after I should have been! Duh. I keep laughing to myself about that today. The Queen's comment were really funny too.

Don't make people into heroes John. Heroes don't exist and if they did I wouldn't be one of them.

July 28, 2012 10:55 am  #55

It was like having a long distance phone call with a heap of people and not having to pay the phone bill 

FREE PUSSY RIOT

#destroythejoint

July 28, 2012 11:10 am  #56

What I thought was lovely is that everybody was sharing the experience of the opening ceremony no matter where they were in the world.

August 13, 2012 5:13 pm  #57

I tweet as well. Nicole@hakawatiya
Looking forward. :-)

August 30, 2012 1:00 am  #58

Well,  I would if I could,  but I won't, so I don't.   

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

SHERLOCK!!!!!!

September 3, 2012 2:35 pm  #59

Twitter is Australia is having a meltdown at the moment. An idiot radio host made some stupid comments about women politician "destroying the joint" and the backlash against him has been huge. The hashtag #destroythejoint has just taken off like wildfire and we have been having so much fun with it. It has been a good few weeks for idiot men starting with Todd Akin in the United States, then an Aussie political type calling a well-respected female tv interviewer a cow because she asked some hard questions. Men, when will they ever learn!

FREE PUSSY RIOT

#destroythejoint

September 3, 2012 4:29 pm  #60

Hepzibah, I just "followed" you. I'm @allielikesjazz

Edit: And just about everyone else as well. I'm Allielikesjazz. Hiiii (said with Moriarty flair).

Last edited by Banbha (September 3, 2012 4:36 pm)

***********************************************************************************************************************
In a world of locked rooms, the man with the key is king. And honey...you should see me in a crown...

Board footera