BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

January 23, 2016 5:44 pm  #1961

Re: Free Rants

It's not that I don't want advice... but really, it's very limited what you get of protein on a week like last week. But sorry, I didn't mean to start a fight. 

But the thing is, I had £3 left to buy actual food for. One can of beans, or chickpeas or other canned cheap proteins cost at least £0.6... eggs from caged hens are at least £1.5, free range, cheapest for a pack of 6 is £2.5. A head of broccoli is at least £1.5 as well. 

Technically I could have bought 2 tins of stuff instead of the £1 chocolate. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"Don't talk out loud, you lower the IQ of the whole street!"

"Oh Watson. Nothing made me... I made me"
"Luuuuurve Ginger Nuts"

Tumblr[/url] I [url=http://archiveofourown.org/users/This_is_The_Phantom_Lady/pseuds/This_is_The_Phantom_Lady]AO3
#IbelieveInSeries5

January 23, 2016 5:48 pm  #1962

Just look after yourself, girl!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://professorfangirl.tumblr.com/post/105838327464/heres-an-outtake-of-mark-gatiss-on-the

January 23, 2016 6:05 pm  #1963

Sorry if you got me wrong - you don't need to apologise, and I think it's very ok just to rant here. I don't blame you for your shopping choices either. That are decisions you alone have to make.
I'm sure if you wanted advice you are able to ask for it, and do some internet research, and so on...

Times like that are awful, but I'm sure they will pass and not last forever. It's hard not to know how and when they will end, though.

Eventually everyone will support Johnlock.   Independent OSAJ Affiliate

... but there may be some new players now. It’s okay. The East Wind takes us all in the end.

January 23, 2016 6:09 pm  #1964

Well said.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://professorfangirl.tumblr.com/post/105838327464/heres-an-outtake-of-mark-gatiss-on-the

January 23, 2016 6:14 pm  #1965

Phantom, rant as much as you want here, it's okay, and it truly sounds like tough times. If maybe you feel someone might have advice you could need then fire away.
How your benefits can still be cut down even further with what you describe is beyond me. That must be some mistake I feel. Do you know anybody who could check your official papers with a magnifier?

------------------------------------------------------------

Eventually everyone will support Johnlock.

"If you're not reading the subtext then hell mend you"  -  Steven Moffat
"Love conquers all" Benedict Cumberbatch on Sherlock's and John's relationship
"This is a show about a detective, his best friend, his wife, their baby and their dog" - Nobody. Ever.

January 23, 2016 6:15 pm  #1966

And now I need a rant about politicians who cut benefits for the most vulnerable - the unemployed, young, handicapped, homeless, ex-cons, mentally-ill, old aged and alone, refugees and the like. And then give them the feeling it's their own private problem if they cannot make a decent life from the crumbs and that they are a burden to society!

... but there may be some new players now. It’s okay. The East Wind takes us all in the end.

January 23, 2016 6:16 pm  #1967

Phantom, it certainly rings true for somebody who lives in the UK...sorry it's so bad for you over there.
The benefits here are being hammered and people are in real need.

@Harriet. We cross posted...but YES!

Last edited by besleybean (January 23, 2016 6:17 pm)

January 23, 2016 6:19 pm  #1968

YES indeed!

January 23, 2016 6:20 pm  #1969

Harriet, the tax benefits for the big firms must be refinanced somehow after all...

------------------------------------------------------------

Eventually everyone will support Johnlock.

"If you're not reading the subtext then hell mend you"  -  Steven Moffat
"Love conquers all" Benedict Cumberbatch on Sherlock's and John's relationship
"This is a show about a detective, his best friend, his wife, their baby and their dog" - Nobody. Ever.

January 23, 2016 6:21 pm  #1970

Exactly.

January 23, 2016 6:23 pm  #1971

Right, how could I forget? 

January 23, 2016 6:41 pm  #1972

Thanks... 

they did make a mistake, but it's still going to give me less in the end even when they correct that... They did have to find some way to finance all politicians getting a raise. Yes, they just did that. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Luuuuurve Ginger Nuts"

Tumblr[/url] I [url=http://archiveofourown.org/users/This_is_The_Phantom_Lady/pseuds/This_is_The_Phantom_Lady]AO3
#IbelieveInSeries5

January 23, 2016 6:43 pm  #1973

A much needed raise for them, I suppose 

Last edited by Harriet (January 23, 2016 9:09 pm)

January 23, 2016 10:48 pm  #1974

Okay new rant.

My neighbour in the next flat just started doing loud DIY work which includes drilling into walls and hammering... At 11.44 at night!!

what the actual f*ck

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Luuuuurve Ginger Nuts"

#IbelieveInSeries5

January 23, 2016 11:01 pm  #1975

Yikes! Yeah, I'd definitely say that's inconsiderate.

Clueing for looks.

January 23, 2016 11:04 pm  #1976

I didn't meant to offend anybody, either.
And I understand that advice it not necessarily needed/wanted here. So I will keep them for myself in future.
I also understand your bad financial situation, Phantom.
It's just that cheap meat is as bad for you as it is for the animals (like eggs from caged hens).
And I was just giving some examples how you could maybe deal with it.
It should not be too hard for you to use Google and check what else you can do about it, e.g. eating something else instead of cheap meat (and afterwards complaining about feeling sick).
This made me a bit angry, I confess.

Btw. one can learn how to cook and it is also possible without standing all the time.

Rant over.

"After all this time?" "Always."
Good bye, Lord Rickman of the Alan

January 23, 2016 11:09 pm  #1977

In my defense it was off cuts from a butcher that sells meat from local farms. Off cuts that people often discard.

But yeah. Sure.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Luuuuurve Ginger Nuts"

#IbelieveInSeries5

January 27, 2016 4:42 pm  #1978

Right.
Today's not really a good day. I've had worse, of course, but...
First and foremost - I am exhausted (and not because I don't go to sleep, but because I can't sleep.) This is so...frustrating...
Second - exhaustion means I'm feeling low -well, lower than usual.
Third - and this one pisses me off- I've noticed a couple days ago that I keep splitting my infinitives. That's something I will always correct on my students' papers, but...ugh, how could I not notice I do that?
Fourth - I've eaten and now I feel terribly, terribly heavy.
Fifth - I now feel guilty about buying a ticket for Sherlocked because my bank account is...suffering.
Sixth - I can't be a*sed to do anything. Too heavy and tired and slow to do anything productive. I should have a cuppa. Or (try to -what do you mean, it's still the afternoon?) sleep.

Rant over.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
I'd be lost without my blogger.
"It’s not a ‘gang’ show, it’s the Sherlock and John show. It’s about developing their characters and their relationship, and the characters drawn into their orbit.”  Steven Moffat

January 27, 2016 4:52 pm  #1979

(((HUG))), Lily.

Did you know being in bed at night in the dark means the body gets at least *some* rest?
If sleep won't come, try to rest and not to despair. If possible. Better times will come 

January 27, 2016 5:00 pm  #1980

My only rant is that my in laws cat is attacking my iPad and now I'm havin to brush him as they're away in lanzarote and he's lonely.

---------------
It's not really a ship, it's more like a life raft.

Board footera