BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

September 30, 2015 12:14 pm  #1821

Re: Free Rants

This sucks. 
Can't you talk to him?

------------------------------------------------------------

Eventually everyone will support Johnlock.

"If you're not reading the subtext then hell mend you"  -  Steven Moffat
"Love conquers all" Benedict Cumberbatch on Sherlock's and John's relationship
"This is a show about a detective, his best friend, his wife, their baby and their dog" - Nobody. Ever.

September 30, 2015 12:24 pm  #1822

I don't even know if it's my next door neighbour or the ones downstairs or upstairs... and the odds are with the age group that lives here that they will just laugh and play even louder and even more if I do try... 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"Don't talk out loud, you lower the IQ of the whole street!"

"Oh Watson. Nothing made me... I made me"
"Luuuuurve Ginger Nuts"

Tumblr[/url] I [url=http://archiveofourown.org/users/This_is_The_Phantom_Lady/pseuds/This_is_The_Phantom_Lady]AO3
#IbelieveInSeries5

September 30, 2015 1:41 pm  #1823

If it starts to really disrupt things like sleep, you should find out and try to get it to stop, though.  Either that or use earplugs if you can.

Clueing for looks.

September 30, 2015 2:11 pm  #1824

If it gets too bad I'll contact the landlord... but I will need to know where it comes from. My hearing also makes direction difficult. 

I often listen to music on my headphones when it happens... but it would be great to be able to actually watch some TV... it's up to 5 hours every day starting around 1pm til 6pm... 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Luuuuurve Ginger Nuts"

Tumblr[/url] I [url=http://archiveofourown.org/users/This_is_The_Phantom_Lady/pseuds/This_is_The_Phantom_Lady]AO3
#IbelieveInSeries5

September 30, 2015 8:01 pm  #1825

Telling your landlord sounds good. It's far more mature than what I would have suggested... which is Metal music ;-) I had cases like this, and funnily enough, after I turned my volume up till the maximum on some heavier  songs, it never took more than five minutes for neighbours to get the message and to give in. I always won *evil grin*. (I am a nice girl, btw, I just like strong music.)

On a serious note: I am sorry they annoy you. Maybe you can go to the doors and check who is playing the music, and then complain to your landlord? Or write a nice letter that you cannot hear your TV anymore?

"It is what it is."

September 30, 2015 8:05 pm  #1826

Oh, I forgot my own rant:
I don't like the city I live in. Which is really not nice, because I cannot leave for another year. Yeah, maybe I shouldn't think about it too much, but's it's out there, everytime I walk out of my door... also, people think it's a nice city and I seem to be the only one who is really annoyed by it.

"It is what it is."

October 1, 2015 4:01 am  #1827

What terrible city are you talking about?

I know what you mean. I spent the second part of my teenage years in a small town called Sant Augustin. I hated it. And I think I spent a lot of time walking through the streets, actively hating the town.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I still believe that love conquers all!

"Quick, man, if you love me."

October 1, 2015 6:31 am  #1828

What the hell is wrong with Sankt Augustin, Schmiezi?? 
I spent a couple of years in Stuttgart and almost got depressed there...

"This is a show about a detective, his best friend, his wife, their baby and their dog" - Nobody. Ever.

October 1, 2015 7:03 am  #1829

Sorry to hear that Wiskey, where you live and how you feel about it can really control your mood. Hopefully you can soon move, or find some reasons to want to stay... 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Luuuuurve Ginger Nuts"

#IbelieveInSeries5

October 1, 2015 10:12 am  #1830

I would have gotten depressed in Stuttgart, too. Really understand you (no offense to Stuttgart people, but...). I lived in Tübingen and thought Stuttgart would be a lovely grand day out. Not really

@ Schmiezi: I live in this terrible city: http://www.muensterland-tourismus.de/57909/luftbild_muenster_gallery.jpg
Isn't it just lovely?
(It's, how to say it... it's quaint. I feel suffocated by it.)

Really interesting, how liking a place is really a question of taste. And thanks for your empathy, because most people think our city is one of the best places to live, and for me it just isn't...

And where is Sankt Augustin? Now I'm curious...

Last edited by Whisky (October 1, 2015 10:16 am)

"It is what it is."

October 1, 2015 3:55 pm  #1831

Maybe it's a place that people only like if they don't go there frequently.  I hope one day you no longer feel confined by where you live, a sentiment that has already been expressed by others who posted before me.

I'm sick yet again.  I got sick at the beginning of September once school started and even when I felt better I still had a cough.  Last weekend it was nearly gone, but now I'm sick again.  Plus, I slept badly last night because I couldn't get my mind to stop racing and I couldn't get comfortable.  I just kept rolling from side to side.  I haven't felt 100% for several weeks now.  I'm tired of being sick.

Last edited by Yitzock (October 1, 2015 4:42 pm)

Clueing for looks.

October 1, 2015 4:16 pm  #1832

Oh no, I'm sorry to hear you're sick Yitzock, I really hope you'll get better soon! 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Luuuuurve Ginger Nuts"

#IbelieveInSeries5

October 1, 2015 4:22 pm  #1833

I'm sorry to hear that, Yitzock.
If your throat is sore/have lost your voice/have a fever (...) I'd suggest a grog -quite effective, and it's not compulsory to use alcohol. Just doesn't work as well.

Get well soon!

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
I'd be lost without my blogger.
"It’s not a ‘gang’ show, it’s the Sherlock and John show. It’s about developing their characters and their relationship, and the characters drawn into their orbit.”  Steven Moffat

October 1, 2015 4:47 pm  #1834

Thanks.  I have gargled with salt water a few times and it provides some temporary relief, and after lunch I'm going to have tea or something else hot, and just generally try and stay hydrated.

Clueing for looks.

October 1, 2015 5:04 pm  #1835

That sounds nasty and exhausting, hope you get well soon and regain your old strength, Yitzock.
Sending healing vibes your way.

October 1, 2015 5:31 pm  #1836

Thank you, mrshouse.
I had some soup at lunch which was good.  Now this afternoon I just have to get through my last two classes before the weekend.

Clueing for looks.

October 1, 2015 6:06 pm  #1837

Honey is (one of) the keys
Good luck for your last two classes, then you'll have the weekend to rest more properly!

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
I'd be lost without my blogger.
"It’s not a ‘gang’ show, it’s the Sherlock and John show. It’s about developing their characters and their relationship, and the characters drawn into their orbit.”  Steven Moffat

October 1, 2015 6:18 pm  #1838

Lilythiell wrote:

Honey is (one of) the keys

Just wanted to chime in that -  Definitely, yes!  I'm not always good at remembering to do it, but it's a natural bug-fighting wonder for sore throats!   Feel better!

We solve crimes, I blog about it, and he forgets his pants.  I wouldn't hold out too much hope!

Just this morning you were all tiny and small and made of clay!

I'm working my way up the greasy pole.  It's… very greasy.  And…  pole-shaped.

October 1, 2015 6:41 pm  #1839

When I'm sick I usually do a steam 'bath' for my face, fill a bowl with boiling water and some herbal tea (mint or chamomile (sp?) is good for that) and stick my head over it, covered with a towel to make sure then steam stays where it's supposed to be... It can be unpleasant but it usually helps me sweat out bugs.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Luuuuurve Ginger Nuts"

#IbelieveInSeries5

October 1, 2015 10:11 pm  #1840

Well, I'm planning on a shower after dinner, so I'll be breathing in the steam from that.  That will help my nose feel better, although mostly right now I have a cough.

Clueing for looks.

Board footera