BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

August 15, 2012 12:26 am  #141

Re: Free Rants

kindle is wind resistant?  huh huh.   ok   why  do I hafta re charge my phone after every 5 hours of usage?  I  can't help it,  I like surfing the net.   And I'm still trying to find the link to get HERE  on my  phone.  It's being recharged.  toodles!!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

SHERLOCK!!!!!!

August 15, 2012 7:43 pm  #142

Oh  crap,  I'm  still having trouble woth my  computer---the word docs and my solitaire games wont open,....and I got my new cell phone and  it's having trouble iwith that too....etc etc....I  need a break.   Oh  I  found the URL  address to  put this site into my phone,  but now I can't find it .   GGGRRRRRRR   this new cell phone has raised more questions than answers.  sometimes i like my new phone,  and sometimes I don't.   I  gdont get it!!!  booo  hooo hoo!!

SHERLOCK!!!!!!

August 15, 2012 9:46 pm  #143

Positive thing of a usual book: you can open any page whenever you like and you don't have to recharge it.
Kitty, I believe in you, you'll manage! Kitty! Kitty! Kitty!

My husband needed ur-gent-ly an I-Phone. He seldom puts it away now, keeps telling me how great it is.
Now I wanted him to send me a file to my phone via text, but he didn't know how. "It's an I-Phone! It's not so easy! It's not prepared to do such things!"  LOL

"After all this time?" "Always."
Good bye, Lord Rickman of the Alan

August 15, 2012 11:07 pm  #144

Elementary, along with its fandom, just has me incredibly depressed.

I just read about it, and I get angry. I can't even describe why. I've done nothing wrong, in my eyes. I've posted on tumblr once or twice, always to a negative reaction. Some of these fans are just psychotic but I can't acknowledge that. I always think it's me with the problem, although logically I know it isn't. I've been fairly respectful towards their fans, despite how nasty they've been to some Sherlock fans (many, but not all, of whom deserved it) and all I get is "We don't need your friendship stupid racist BBC Sherlock fans."

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Initials SH and proud owner of a viola named Watson.

Potential flatmates should know the worst about each other.

It's a three patch problem.

I didn't know; I saw.

August 16, 2012 8:26 am  #145

Crazy world....
Reminds me of the two forums I'm visiting quite frequently. Both deal with ceramics, pottery and sculptures and how to make it.
One forum is frequented mostly by professionals who sell a lot on markets and so on. The other one is more for hobby, for the own garden, a few selligs here and there.
That's okay I think, but from time to time some of the professionals logged into the hobby forum, anonym; first pretending to be new and interested, but after a while they started to offend us and run us down.
A kind of war started between those two forums. Meanwhile both sides were clever enough to stop, but why can't both simply exist side by side?

August 17, 2012 2:40 am  #146

Smoggy_London_Air wrote:

I just read about it, and I get angry. I can't even describe why. I've done nothing wrong, in my eyes. I've posted on tumblr once or twice, always to a negative reaction. Some of these fans are just psychotic but I can't acknowledge that. I always think it's me with the problem, although logically I know it isn't. I've been fairly respectful towards their fans, despite how nasty they've been to some Sherlock fans (many, but not all, of whom deserved it) and all I get is "We don't need your friendship stupid racist BBC Sherlock fans."

What? I'm not exactly following this, Smoggy.Is Elementary another SH forum? Are you saying you were insutled there and on tumblr? Racist?

August 17, 2012 2:55 am  #147

veecee wrote:

Smoggy_London_Air wrote:

What? I'm not exactly following this, Smoggy.Is Elementary another SH forum? Are you saying you were insutled there and on tumblr? Racist?

Elementary is the CBS version of Sherlock. Many Sherlock fans have been...less than tasteful in their criticism of the show, but the vast majority have been civil or at least reasonable.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I didn't know; I saw.

August 17, 2012 11:31 am  #148

Unfortunately because the part of Joan Watson is being played by someone who is Chinese in their ethnicity it is all too easy for those who have legitimate criticisms of the programme to be painted with the racist brush. That along with the role beng for a woman, which will lend itself to the dismissal of any critiques with the taunt of sexist. Personally if find it sad when people cannot counter a criticism with intellect rather than easy slurs.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Don't make people into heroes John. Heroes don't exist and if they did I wouldn't be one of them.

August 18, 2012 2:43 am  #149

Davina wrote:

Unfortunately because the part of Joan Watson is being played by someone who is Chinese in their ethnicity it is all too easy for those who have legitimate criticisms of the programme to be painted with the racist brush. That along with the role beng for a woman, which will lend itself to the dismissal of any critiques with the taunt of sexist. Personally if find it sad when people cannot counter a criticism with intellect rather than easy slurs.

Made me feel loads better, Davina.

I didn't know; I saw.

August 18, 2012 2:47 am  #150

Mycroft's been repossessed! My school came after me for it, and I'm really sad now. As of today I'm officially an orphaned viola player.

First order of business: Find a new viola ASAP.
Second order of business: As it would be disrespectful to my poor, late Mycroft, I will have to give this new viola a new name.

I didn't know; I saw.

August 18, 2012 5:14 am  #151

Oh smoggy!!   Why did the school take your viola?  I thought it was yours,  bot and paid for?  that's so rude of them.   Yeah  I  guess you'll have to rename your viola...Just plz don't call it Moriarty,  ok?   

I  had a kidney stone attack again today.Not bad enuf for the ER tho.    why do crappy things happen to good people?  And why do I love chocolate so much!!??

SHERLOCK!!!!!!

August 18, 2012 7:27 am  #152

Oh Smoggy! Poor Mycroft! I hope you get a new viola ASAP.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Don't make people into heroes John. Heroes don't exist and if they did I wouldn't be one of them.

August 18, 2012 8:15 am  #153

Why not Moriarty? He has a wide range in his voice, so I think that name could have a good influence on the viola.. 

August 18, 2012 5:21 pm  #154

sherlockskitty wrote:

Oh smoggy!!   Why did the school take your viola?  I thought it was yours,  bot and paid for?  that's so rude of them.   Yeah  I  guess you'll have to rename your viola...Just plz don't call it Moriarty,  ok?   

I  had a kidney stone attack again today.Not bad enuf for the ER tho.    why do crappy things happen to good people?  And why do I love chocolate so much!!??

I guess my sig should have said "proud renter", ha ha. Apparently lots of students in the higher orchestra wanted to try the viola, and they have precedence. I was planning on getting one that was really mine sometime soon, this just kind of expedites the need for it.

I'm sorry to hear that. I've heard that kidney stones are really painful. I don't think many people can help liking chocolate, I certainly can't.

I didn't know; I saw.

August 18, 2012 9:45 pm  #155

Skitty - another stone? Not fair.

Smoggy - it's a shame not to have your instrument. As for the name Moriarty, remember the old lady complimented his voice. Of course, then she got blown up.

August 19, 2012 10:37 pm  #156

I have a temp! I dragged my mum to the violin shop in town (can't drive yet, unfortunately, only a few months to go) fully expecting to take care of the costs myself, but she made a surprise gift out of renting me a 15-1/2 inch (Mycroft was merely a 15). They didn't have any 15-1/2 violas in stock, though, so I have a 15 in the interim. I have named the interim 'Molly'.

I should get 'Jim' (subject to change) in the next few days.

I didn't know; I saw.

August 19, 2012 11:16 pm  #157

Oh, Smoggy! That's great! I hope Molly's good for her short period of time, and I hope Jim's not too much trouble when you get him! 15.5 inch? That's pretty big!!

I was wondering if you'd like to have coffee...
Hmm. I really don't know. Oh, I'm sorry, did I say 'know'? I meant 'care'. I don't really care. 
Douglas Richardson, Cremona

August 20, 2012 3:00 am  #158

I must have grown since I rented Mycroft because my reach is a lot better!

I got really nervous when I asked if a 15-1/2 would be appropriate and the man at the front desk thrust a viola at me and said "go try this out, it's a professional grade but it's the right size" and I was thinking "OH MY GOD what if I break it?" It worked well though, and the tone was fabulous! Do you play an instrument, Molly?

I didn't know; I saw.

August 20, 2012 10:14 am  #159

Yikes! You wouldn't want to drop a viola! Especially not a 'professional grade' one!
Yes, I play three! Piano, Trumpet/Cornet and Bassoon! I got my cornet from eBay; my trumpet was a hand-me-down from a friend; my Mum bought the piano from my old music teacher and I'm renting my bassoon from the county. So I've never really had the experience of choosing one instrument over another. My sister used to play the violin and we went into some big town (London?) and the shop looked just like that wand one from harry Potter! Violins and Violas are just so beautiful! I mean, it's not particularly romantic, just blasting something out on a trumpet or bassoon, is it?!

I was wondering if you'd like to have coffee...
Hmm. I really don't know. Oh, I'm sorry, did I say 'know'? I meant 'care'. I don't really care. 
Douglas Richardson, Cremona

August 20, 2012 12:57 pm  #160

Smoggy, please excuse my ignorance, but do you play the viola like you play the violin by tucking it under your chin? And why the viola instead of the violin?

FREE PUSSY RIOT

I wish the real world would just stop hassling me - Rob Thomas

Did I mention that I have a Kindle?

#destroythejoint

Board footera